To Serve and Protect

General talk, and discussion.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

To Serve and Protect

Sharlee wrote:I think there are bound to be problems any time a woman ventures into a predominantly male, testosterone-laden environment such as policing or firefighting. I have absolutely no doubt that most of the complaints are well founded, but I expect it's still going to take a long time before female cops are considered by their peers to be equals. I'm guessing that the old guard will have to retire before that happens. :(
I think a while back, there was talk of letting women serve on the navy subs, can't remember if it was the USA or UK tho... don't know what was decided. Not a good idea I don't think.

Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

To Serve and Protect

I saw something the other day in the paper... so much for law and order. A QC here, collected
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

To Serve and Protect

Twilight turtle wrote:
Sharlee wrote:I think there are bound to be problems any time a woman ventures into a predominantly male, testosterone-laden environment such as policing or firefighting. I have absolutely no doubt that most of the complaints are well founded, but I expect it's still going to take a long time before female cops are considered by their peers to be equals. I'm guessing that the old guard will have to retire before that happens. :(
I think a while back, there was talk of letting women serve on the navy subs, can't remember if it was the USA or UK tho... don't know what was decided. Not a good idea I don't think.
That is here, and yes bad idea. What are they going to do take out two launchers to accommodate them with a shower, not to mention the perves on board.
I may be for Gays in the military, and Woman, but woman should be in places where men are confined like that.
Besides being a distraction, their will be other issues like privacy.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

To Serve and Protect

Outrage as police shoot and kill the wrong man in hunt for attempted murder suspect, after showing up unannounced in the middle of the night

Video her http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... spect.html :link:

An innocent man was shot dead by police after deputies mistook him for an attempted murder suspect.

Lake County, Florida officers showed up at the Blueberry Hill apartment of Andrew Scott at around 1.30am on Sunday

Roused from his bed in the middle of the night by an unknown presence at his property, Andrew Scott answered the door holding a gun.

Officers had not announced who they were because they did not want the man they thought was inside, Jonathan Brown, to escape.

sheriff's spokesman Lt. John Herrell said their silence was 'tactically advantageous'.

On seeing that Scott was armed officers immediately opened fire with a shower of bullets that killed the 26-year-old and left several holes in his front door.

A friend and co-worker of the pizza delivery man told the Orlando Sentinel that Scott had planned to spend the evening watching movies with his girlfriend, with whom he lived.

Pat Casalaspro insisted that Scott was not a confrontational person, adding: 'I guarantee you he was trying to protect himself.'

Deputies had pursued Brown earlier as he fled the scene of the attempted killing on a motorbike.

He and an accomplice, Anthony Rodriquez, had attacked a man in the street and were about to smash a cinder block on his head when a passerby stopped them, myfoxorlando.com reported.

Brown took off, chased by deputies who then lost sight of him.

Hours later his bike was seen at the apartment complex, leading them to believe he was inside Scott's home.

They found drugs in the man's apartment but it wasn't until an hour and half after Scott was killed that officers realised their mistake.

He was not the man they were looking for.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement are investigating how the error was made as neighbours demand answers to questions such as why the officers did not identify themselves as they stood on Scott's porch.

Several awoke to the sound of gunfire as Scott was shot, shortly followed by a woman's screams.

31-year-old Brown was found in the building next door to Scott's and was arrested on the original attempted murder charge.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

To Serve and Protect

OMG ... this is SO tragic. :cry:
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

To Serve and Protect

Yes it is, and a shame they will likely get away with it because they are police.
I would have done the same as the man killed someone banging on my door that late at night.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

To Serve and Protect

I doubt I would have answered the door at all ... I probably would have phoned 911!!
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

To Serve and Protect

I would have been shot, but likely one of them would be also.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

To Serve and Protect

Police Release Video In Ark. Patrol Car Shooting
[youtube][/youtube]
by The Associated Press
text size A A A
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. August 18, 2012, 12:40 am ET

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP)
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

To Serve and Protect

Everybody wants the police to keep us safe from the theivery of crackheads , deal with our neighbours domestic disputes [ not fun ] deal with the horrible things that happen RAPES MURDER ETC.... Lefty libs expect the police to deal with all of this gently ? Canada has a very good police force. There have been however some very bad apples. I suspect that a majority of our chinese police a triad connected tong members
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

To Serve and Protect

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_n ... lords.html

It appears that Mexicos police have finally been making some headway against the drug mafias
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

To Serve and Protect

The police don't protect you, they just keep law following citizens from doing crimes.
I have been attacked, and assaulted where was the protection, I have been robbed, where was the police to protect ???
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

To Serve and Protect

Sadly the police let us down too often ... but they come through in spades plenty of times too and I don't think they get enough credit for those times.
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

To Serve and Protect

I find my local police useless, and even a nuisance at times.
I know the stuff about them keeping order and they do to an extent, but they also let criminals get away with all kinds of garbage, and assaults on people.
I have never had any help from them when needed.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

To Serve and Protect

Blue, that's so sad. :( I hope you won't need police help any time in the future, but if you do, they should respond.
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

To Serve and Protect

Oh they respond, but do nothing usually but pander to both parties hoping it goes away.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: To Serve and Protect

Look at this new Brilliant idea. The police officers of course have to deal with the devastated families of OD’d sons , daughters, sisters, brothers,etc… and they have to deal with the crimes committed by those who can’t resist this addiction plus they have to show up for all for all the deaths caused by drugs. https://www.westernjournal.com/sheriff- ... fd7232ad57
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I thought about putting one up in my yard once saying the drug house is next door, keep off my driveway.
Also one for the police who constantly parked in front of my house, park over there, not here.
the damn cops would park in front of my house every time, a lot of times blocking me in if I needed out.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Apparently the term “paddie wagon” comes from from the slang term for the Irish as many Irish became policemen. The name paddie for the Irish comes from saint Patrick. Here’s the short version of the life of saint Patrick, slavery, kidnapping and all. https://www.wnd.com/2023/03/saint-patri ... fd7232ad57
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Don’t get sassy with the police. It doesn’t work out well for you. https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation ... 08216.html