Re: Tech Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

Blue Frost wrote:I think you can drag the file from the program folder, but I just emailed them to myself :) I have a few accounts.
It's a shame you lost those, to bad that had to happen, I know how it feels.
I have another e-mail account, so when anything comes to my account, a copy is now forwarded to the other a-mail account. All my out going e-mail is also copied to that e-mil account.

It just sits there and gathers copies of everything.

Wish I had though of that years ago.

I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah really that helps a lot. I don't have that, but everything else is backed up every week on 4 external drives.
It's a pain, but little chance of loosing much.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

There is paid services for backing up your computer, Carbonite is one, and automatically does it as you go.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

Frosty, what are your thoughts on Windows 8 ... it looks radically different.
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have yet to see it personally other than online, and I think maybe it would take some getting used to using.
My guess it's more likely made for people with I-phones, Androids, and other things like that.
Likely it's more simplistic when your used to it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well the puter is all up, and running now :) just some stuff to work out like software to install for printers, and Ill be about finished.
I'm glad I backed up everything I wanted to keep, and downloaded the programs before starting :)
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

I understand from a few people, it is, radically different.

Some will adapt easily to the change, others wont change at all.

Then the news will come in 201X, "This and that will no longer be supported" is my guess.
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

After ridding myself of the awful sidebar on 7 I'm happy with the way it is, Ill likely not see Win8, and will go straight to 9, or 10
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

[youtube][/youtube]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

[youtube][/youtube]
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I just heard on the radio that when upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, the guy's PC became 33% faster, less boot time, more responsive, and Windows 8 used 42% less ram. That's what Microsoft spokesman claimed. You know in the older version there were so many things running in the background. They probably got rid or fixed it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well it took them long enough to listen to me, and other people.
It's a shame it took 20 + years to streamline it.
I spend hours to get mine to just boot faster, and to get rid of the useless BS that comes with a basic system.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You know what it is, they feared that Android would overtake them, and others.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I just sent the payment for Windows 8 Pro. It's downloading now. Not gonna back up my files. I'm sure it'll be fine. I should have Windows 8 fully running in an hour or so. Kind of a pointless upgrade, but I just couldn't help it you know.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well at least you can tell us about it :) I suspect it's much like the new phones.
I'm looking into buying a DVR
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

When you get a DVR you should resist watching your fav shows for the week. Have them all recorded and then watch them all at once.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

LOL, that's what I want it for, I could use the time during the week for other things.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Almost everything on Windows 8 is the same as Windows 7. There is no start menu. When you boot the computer up it starts you off at the new start screen where all your installed softwares are. There are the new Windows 8 apps that opens up like smartphone or tablet apps. Then there are the apps such as Photoshop, Firefox, AutoCad, Microsoft Office, Adobe Premiere Pro, or whatever softwares that we had on Windows 7 or earlier versions. When you open these softwares/programs, it brings you to the familiar desktop screen that we all know. The "Start Menu" button on the keyboard becomes the key to switch between the new start screen and the desktop(or it switches between Windows 8 apps).

The Windows 8 apps are on the left and middle while my softwares(known as apps now) and previous Windows 7 tools are on the right. My Computer and Control Panel are hidden. I pinned the Computer icon on the start screen for easy access.

As you can see below, it's just the same as Windows 7, except you get the start page like the one above instead of a start menu.

PS: The right click method to uninstall apps is only for Windows 8 apps. The normal softwares such as Microsoft Office etc are uninstalled by the traditional way.

I did not need to reinstall any softwares or drivers. Everything works.

Some people say they don't like the changes, it's confusing, frustrating, Windows 8 sucks etc. Once you realized what is going, it's all good.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your a bit used to the stuff GF, the more tech stuff you deal with the easier it is to figure things out.
I dislike the new stuff by the looks, but Ill have to try it first hand. I don't use phones like you have had so it's a lot different for me.
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

My screen is not wide enough to see everything there.

I will have to hook up to my 52 inch screen. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: