What Is Your Religion? Do You Have A Faith?

General talk, and discussion.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Fashionista wrote:
the wizard wrote:... me? protestant. united church. christened in north vancouver, british columbia, canada ...

... do you have a faith? or are you an atheist or agnostic?
Hello, Mr. Wizar, I am a Christian lady.
Me too! :thumbsup:

Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

two fine woman :wub: much respect.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

:gblush: :flower:
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Just how I see it, and I'm sure everyone else does :)
Some are likely resentful, and jealous if not .
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Keeper

:scratch:
For me, Believing in anything nowadays has been hard for me, Letting god in my life just dosent seem practical right now.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Church of england which is Christian but I can feel some Buddhism in our family as well, not learned tho, it feels like it's just there when it comes to animals and plants. If I've got fly trapped indoors, I'll always open the window and hold up the net curtain so it can go on its way... or spiders, I just let em stay indoors in the warm so they don't get die of the cold or get picked off by a bird and that kind of thing.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Keeper wrote::scratch:
For me, Believing in anything nowadays has been hard for me, Letting god in my life just dosent seem practical right now.
Keeper, I've been feeling like that as well for a long time, what's the point of anything and all that. It will prolly subside over time tho...
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

Above all else, humans fear the ultimate reality ... death. It seems all religions offer an afterlife, which obviously makes it very enticing. My question is, if you take the promise of eternal life out of the equation, then what would be the purpose of having faith as nothing is gained by it?
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Faith is good, and bad, but it's not all to do with religion, you can have faith in many things.
Eternal damnation maybe is a reason to not want to have eternal life :panic:
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

My guess is if the eternal life carrot were taken away, people would abandon religion left and right.
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Norse myth of Oden the end was a great battle to the end.
Before the end you had a party in Asgard
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: What Is Your Religion? Do You Have A Faith?

Welcome to the Church of Anti White Racism. https://neonnettle.com/news/18764-chica ... -293090826
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I need to start a church, a church of fed up with liberal BS.
Lets see this week it will be anti Democrat racism against whites, last week it was Democrats hate against Jews, the Century before, and still is Democrats against blacks.
Next week, and for a long time Democrats against babies, and their Pedo leaders.
Lets just roll it all up into one ball, and have it against Democrats anti responsibility for their actions.
Murder the babies, it's their fault I got pregnant, murder the whites they are smarter than blacks, and responsible making us scared they will figure Democrats out.
Kill the Jews because they are socially integrated into FAMILY. Oh kill the Chinese because they do math so much better than blacks, and get in collage for their efforts.
I can go on, and on, but Ill stop.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I recently read a quote of Elon Musk’s that went something like this “ the woke are using political correctness as a way to be vicious and cruel while claiming it is virtue”.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He just bought into facebook, and not considering letting Trump back on it by demand of his followers.
He owns 51 percent now.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have heard that he actually isn’t the wonderful genius that he is portrayed as though I do think that he probably is a genius.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

His genius is hiring people who know their business, and having the funding on hand.
It's like others who did well, they knew the people they needed, and got them for the job.
I saw an interview with him he seems down to earth, and knows who makes him.
Maybe a little Tony Stark inspired, and Howard Hughes, but he is himself I believe.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

I haz the faiths lol...but I don't go to church. I use to go to church when I was young, but they have changed...seems more like business now.

I like the teachings of Christianity and Buddhism. I don't care what religion anyone is, it's their choice...just don't push it on me or others. I've lost all respect for JW's...im sick of their door to door crap...in the past they have come to my door with their ridiculous shit...these people have told me I'm going to hell because I'm not one of them...since then I have closed my door on them....

...I was having dinner with my kid a few weeks ago and she was telling me some JW's were talking to her...asking her over the top questions...then proceeded to tell her she's going to hell.....this is a kid!! Omg! They should never take their JW full retard on a kid....if they ever cross paths with me again and do their full retard shit, they will get what they deserve from me....saying that to a kid is a HUGE no-no....
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have nothing against them, they even said I was possessed, and marked my house for the longest time :laugh:
They did show up many years later, and kept coming back till I started making eyes with his pretty wife :rofl: no more out of the blue knocks at my door.
Man she was a pretty woman, and dressed up so nicely.

I think it's wrong to do that to the kids Berry, I would call them up on that one, and even if nothing is done I would get my voice out.
I can see teaching kids, but have the parent there, and never put that fear mongering on them like they did, it makes me mad.
it's the parents place, and they should keep it down also till the kid can choose for themselves.

It was kind of forced on me growing up, I walked away anyhow when I was a teen because I couldn't believe in it anymore.
My questions was always scoffed at, and I was told it's the lords business, or his will, and I'm not to question it.
But for Christianity the Church of Christ is the most faithful, but still there is liberal versions out there of it so you need to watch for it.
Also humans are always wondering off path, even the most faithful churches is sometimes twisted by man.

Christianity and Buddhism compliment each other I believe, I got a lot of harsh words over my view from Church people though because they are usually ignorant of Christianity and Buddhism.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

As I always say, something started it all, it just didn't all at once pop up from nothing.
I'm not saying that "God" did it, but there had to be a start from something.
We likely will never know unless there is a God, and we who wonder start smelling like bacon on the fires.