Origin/Nationality

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Origin/Nationality

I have protested names such as African American, Irish American, and such a long time as it divides us, and as people like Jessy Jackson, and Obama want it.
We are either American, or not, and we are people of not.
Same goes for you Canadians, you should be a Canadian first, no head title .
Maybe I'm missing something here that makes us all so different we need to be a special group when it comes to race .

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

Origin/Nationality

I completely agree, as the terminology is racist ie. Chinese Canadian. On the news, one never hears the victim was an Italian Canadian or Swiss Canadian simply because they are not part of a visible minority.
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Origin/Nationality

As you said it is racist, and used as racist division in my view.
You are either America, Canadian, African, Chinese, or your something else, you really cannot choose both.
Also placing a race marker of origin puts loyalty away from where you are.
But it's all about race in our countries, and a way to push votes to one side or the other, a way to keep a divide among people.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Parousia
VIP Member
VIP Member

Origin/Nationality

Very good post, Blue. :think:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Origin/Nationality

:) I thought so, it needs to be said more in the media.
I'm actually surprised the LA Times put it out.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Origin/Nationality

I find it hard to keep up with what terminology is politically correct at the moment.
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Origin/Nationality

I could care less about politically correct, it's what we think, and feel is what counts.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Origin/Nationality

I know, but some people are SO uptight about terminology. :kez:
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Origin/Nationality

They are the ones with the issue, they need mental evaluation to put them into a padded cell.
You not caring is a good sign, it means your impartial, and have good judgment to not care what people are until they do something bad to be judged upon.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Origin/Nationality

Here’s a short video that will make the bleeding heart liberals break down and cry. Would you rather be colonized by the Spanish or Aztecs ? https://www.prageru.com/video/would-you ... gn_9645182
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

LOL, the video tells you what I have been telling people my whole life, the Native Indians took land from each other all the time.
You know funny thing is if some old stone age white people where here first like some say, well it went whole circle, and nobody owns anyone anything.
As it should be right.

The Aztec where hated by their neighbors, and people they took the land from.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Mexicans who claim ancestoral rights to the United States and Canada don’t even speak Aztec or raid neighborhoods for human sacrifice victims or any other Aztec practices. There’s not even one Aztec church service where they cut out the hearts of outsiders and throw their bodies down a steep staircase afterwards……. or maybe there is and they’re just keeping it secret.