What Vice Would YOU Like To See Become Legal?

General talk, and discussion.
the wizard

... there's so much talk right now about the legalization of pot. it's total marijuana overload really. the marijuana lobbyists are so damn strong they've managed to have it declared a medicine in canada and the u.s. and some states in the u.s. are actually legalizing it outright ...

... that's all very nice for those who love to get high on weed, but how about something for the rest of us who don't give a hoot about smoking pot? how about something for us?

... here's my question: what illegal vice would YOU pick to be legalized if you could pick one? personally i'd like to see government legalize prostitution and set up and administer brothels in all communities!

... comments?

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Burning rental houses that isn't kept up, and abandoned homes the bank leaves to rot.
Oh is that a vice :blush:

Not sure Wizard, I really don't have any I can think of.
I can think of stuff I would like to do that's kind of bad, but it would likely help in the end.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
the wizard

Blue Frost wrote:Burning rental houses that isn't kept up, and abandoned homes the bank leaves to rot.
Oh is that a vice :blush:

Not sure Wizard, I really don't have any I can think of.
I can think of stuff I would like to do that's kind of bad, but it would likely help in the end.
... how do you feel about allowing marijuana to be sold and smoked legally like cigarettes are now?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm mixed about it, but to me it's no worse than alcohol. I just think punishment for crimes was worse for the offenses that users do.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
the wizard

Blue Frost wrote:I'm mixed about it, but to me it's no worse than alcohol. I just think punishment for crimes was worse for the offenses that users do.
... aren't you outraged about how hypocritical some governments are, the way they've said weed is basically evil, the devil's drug for decades, and now all of a sudden it's not only just a drug, but a medicine (!!!) as well. MEDICINE!!! man, what a head-shaker that stance is ...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah it's hypocritical, but more the lawyers, and lawmakers are drinkers.
What makes me mad is if I want something for a cold I have to go pay a doctor to write a prescription.

Also I would be for prostitution is done right, and a mandatory check like in Navada.
One reason above others, it might save some girl from being raped.
I don't see myself ever using a prostitute, but if they want that for a living more power to them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Some interesting stuff here Wizard, some pros, and cons. It all seems like speculation though .
the woman hating, and something not mention is a concern, slavery.
http://prostitution.procon.org/view.ans ... nID=000122

"It is estimated that if prostitution were legalized in the United States, the rape rate would decrease by roughly 25% for a decrease of approximately 25,000 rapes per year....

...[T]he analysis seems to support the hypothesis that the rape rate could be lowered if prostitution was more readily available. This would be accomplished in most countries by its legalization."

"...[A] necessary step [to prevent rape] is to legalise prostitution
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

How about speeding on the Coquihalla? There are some stretches where it feels like you're standing still going 110 km/h.
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I remember driving at 125-140 on the interstate, the cop turned around on me, but never caught up :laugh: I don't drive like that anymore.
I think their should be a fast lane, and slow lane, and proper speed limits, and anyone who doesn't follow the rules find.
Slowpokes in the fast lane should be fines more heavy than others.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I completely support the speeding idea. There are also stretches of Marine Drive that have RIDICULOUSLY slow speed limits. I'd like to see those raised.

And this vice should be legal:

Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nice vice Sharlee, I like mine though.
the wizard

Ryanissimo wrote:How about speeding on the Coquihalla? There are some stretches where it feels like you're standing still going 110 km/h.
... great post, Ryanissimo! speeding could easily be considered a vice!

... any other unlawful things that should be made legal in this world where governments are making everything from tanning beds to doorknobs to light bulbs illegal?