Arnold working At A Gym

General talk, and discussion.
Yong Jessie

Re: Arnold working At A Gym

Arnolds likes the man from Ottawa Chris Bumstead. Actaully they are quite close in body size and height weight. Chris already had very many health problems from steroids like kidneys and ripped muscles and should not continue much longer.

Yong Jessie

And see this even famous bodybuilders ie. Ronnie Coleman 8 times Mr. Olympia not even close. Arnolds in a whole another category all to himself. See this youtube 3 million subscribers his dream to met and talk to Arnold. All he can get from him is a 2 second foto not even a smile.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

As for Chris Bumstead , has he not another example of a guy who fucked himself for his vanity by taking steroids ? As for the second video this guy looks like he’s a lot of fun and intelligent. I bet girls find his personality, cheerfulness, intelligence and sense of fun far more attractive than Chris Bumsteads physic.
Yong Jessie

I think you are confused abit so will explain. Chris Bumstead not a ROID ape well compared to Mr. Olympia. He competes in Classic Physique. There is a limit to the weight for said height. His trainer was then number 6 Mr. Olympia Iain Valliere also from Ottawa that yes a ROID ape. Weight close to 300 lbs vs Chris Bumstead onstage weight around 230 lbs and taller. What happened was Iain Valliere was dating Chris Bumstead sister and she very much on steroids and did compete. Then this got Chris Bumstead into competing as well.

Its like this the more you take of anything the more side effects so for sure its much more dangerous to be a Mr. Olympia contestant than a Classic Physique. But still its quite extreme and yes is damaging his body for sure.

And the second guy Jessie James has 3 million youtube subscribers. Not at all any Mr. anything competitor just a youtuber promoting fitness and a fun channel. But him to many think is on steroids.
Yong Jessie

As you started with Golds Gym here a recent Arnold appearance at the Venice location with Ronnie Coleman.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yong Jessie wrote: August 14th, 2023, 5:56 am And see this even famous bodybuilders ie. Ronnie Coleman 8 times Mr. Olympia not even close. Arnolds in a whole another category all to himself. See this youtube 3 million subscribers his dream to met and talk to Arnold. All he can get from him is a 2 second foto not even a smile.

I can't believe I watched all that mess, what a fool to see someone :laugh:
Out of all the people who I idealized as a kid, my own dad was my hero more than any of them.
As for people with a body, Steve Reves was who I wanted to be built like.
I read he was all natural as well, not many where on roids them.
Also as corny as a lot of those old movies was the morals are what made the person on them, you rarely see that today.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Yong Jessie

BUT Arnold easily the most famous bodybuilder of all time. And hes the one that single handily got everyone into the gym to workout. Before him your Steve Reeves (THAT ALSO TOOK STEROIDS DONT THINK HE DIDNT AS HID) and died younger than should have no doubt from steroids at age 74. Bodybuilding just some strange activity for freaks not at all mainstream. For sure Arnold has done the most positive thing anyone has ever done as he got all the lazy asses of there ass and to the gym to excersize. And most of the trainnees didnt abuse steroids that only went to the gym cause of him.

See his life story. Sorry its abit long.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He may be, but wasn't before he came along, a few other had the spot.
You also have to think that before there wasn't as much media, and international fame for a lot of people.

You can even count Richard Simmons as a big one in the 70s, he had quite a following.
A big one was Jack LaLanne, a lot of people wanted to be like him, and he was the top I believe before Arnold up until he passed even.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Yong Jessie

Is true what he says YOU MUST have a blueprint for your life or you will go nowhere. While even having a vision you still might
not get there. Basically when you do anything either go 100% or not bother you are wasting your time and will always be so so.

This is also at the end of the documentary Arnold Full Story. But definitely worth watching and thinking about.

Everytime you head to ie the gym you just cant wait to get to the gym as you know every rep you do gets you closer to the goal to realty. You just cant wait to do another 500 lbs squat.

Its also the same with a injury and corrective excersize to fix it. Like treat your injury as your new great fun hobby. Every time you even have a spare 2 minutes get in another set of a corrective excersize. And never stop.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gotta agree with him, and it's with everything you want in life, you work hard for what you want.
As for working out, I never got into it, or had the time, but I was built pretty good for a while from regular work, and pushups.

On the injury comment, it's only half true, for me I try, but other things go wrong every time.
My body you see attacks itself, and the effort backfires most the time now.
I still keep trying though, with life comes taking care of ones self best you can feel good or not.
I look at it this way, no matter how bad it is you can try, and do five minutes, or more a day, it adds up in a weeks time.
I try to achieve a little each day, today it was cleaning a bathroom, and I hope tomorrow to clean some windows, and mirrors.
Yong Jessie

Then agree with this too.

Ive known this for a very long time JUST DONT THINK. LETS REPEAT THAT AGAIN JUST DONT THINK. GET UP OUT OF YOUR BED AND DO IT. SAME LIKE YOU DO WHEN YOU BRUSH YOUR TEETH. THERES A TIME TO THINK AND TIME TO DO.

I can remember have a conversation with a friend that also went many times to the gym about working out all those times if you thought about it you never would have went to the gym. But its true for many other things in life the smaller things that is. Of note i aint one of these positive clueless fools. While other things like purchasing some condo or important big things yes please do think of the many give pros and cons first. BUT excersize its a no brainer.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That's a thing almost lost today, working for what you want.
I'm working on getting my free Gym membership right now, I'm not sure how much I can use it, but I really am tired of loosing what I have left of my stregnth.
I did learn my last appointment I am still stronger than the average person, the doctor was impressed when I told him I was much stronger before I got injured.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Tom Platz gives an example of just how lowball backstabbing the famous Saint Arnold was and possibly still is. I’ve read that other bodybuilders of his era have similar stories to tell of Arnold’s true character.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Arnold is a jerk it seems, that was pretty dirty of him.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Bad guys know how to act like good guys but dirty tricks like what Arnold did aren’t done by good guys. I read once other bodybuilders warning about Arnold.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think it's just a dirty side of him that comes out a lot, I have seen things he did in the past that seemed it came from jealousy, or a bad competitive spirit.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Alright I got an answer about my abs I used to have, I had a six pack.
I was told the lines below the navel didn't count, or the half looking abs above the 6.
Right now I'm totally undefined, and feel fat, well I am fat, but not bad looking yet.
I wish I could do something about it, I need some good health so I can get out more.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I stopped using weights for my lats and shoulders. Work maintained 99% of my shoulder strength throughout the two years after covid when working out was a waste of time and the chin-up workout that I did for my lats still is more effective than doing weights and far faster, far more convenient and still more effective.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I need exercise on my rhomboids on my back, I don't know what to do, and have top be careful.

I would suggest anyone who spends a lot of time on the computer do some back, and neck exercises.
It might keep your neck from slumping forward, and causing some nasty health issues when they get older.