Scams

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Scams

I have been getting these in an old Email account the last week, two so far with different messages.
It takes you to a direct download link with a file that looks like word, and if you open it it installs malware or viruses I read.
Do not bother with it if you get one, it's not good.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
the wizard

Scams

... thanks for the heads up, Blue! :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Scams

Your welcome :)
I just want to try to let people know sometimes the more legit emails are sometimes fakes, and dangerous.
I just ordered from Walmart around two weeks ago, my thoughts is someone there is selling info like Email Addresses.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
the wizard

Scams

Blue Frost wrote:Your welcome :)
I just want to try to let people know sometimes the more legit emails are sometimes fakes, and dangerous.
I just ordered from Walmart around two weeks ago, my thoughts is someone there is selling info like Email Addresses.
... some stores do ask for an e-mail address when purchasing from them but i never divulge mine ...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Scams

I do for the tracking, but this is the first time I received something like this which makes me believe someone there is selling info.
I wrote customer service about it tilling them I think they have someone doing this.
It's better safe than sorry so I usually check it all out anymore, and you can tell a lot from checking the properties on the Email it's sent by.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Scams

I fell for a scam once. Long story.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Scams

It never feels good does it, someone is always trying to hit you with something.
There should be a special place for people like that, and harsher punishments.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Scams

Recently my E-mail account provider flagged that someone down in the US had hacked my E-mail account. I took a really close look at the address box before changing my password. They would have been disappointed anyhow as I don't keep any information there and clear the E-mails as soon as I get them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Scams

I clear mine usually also, but I doubt someone would hack it with my passwords, they would likely go to someone else.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Scams

Just a reminder update your security really often if it don't automatically.
A good Antivirus, and Malware program, and Firewall.
Learn how to use them, and set it as high as you find it convenient, and useful.

things like WOT, Malwarebytes, Spywareblaster are just a few good programs, and reputable.
Make sure the reputation is there, a lot are not honest, or good programs.
Keep your flash up to date, and other things on your computer, they can have security risk if not up to date also.

Heartbleed bug find triggers OpenSSL security advisory

A flaw called Heartbleed in OpenSSL, which is a software library used for the protection and security of millions of websites, was uncovered by Neel Mehta of Google Security, who first reported it to the OpenSSL team, triggering Monday's release of a fix for the bug along with a security advisory. Dated Monday, the OpenSSL security advisory said the flaw involved "a missing bounds check in the handling of the TLS [Transport Layer Security] heartbeat extension," which could be used to reveal "up to 64k of memory to a connected client or server." The advisory said this issue did not affect versions of OpenSSL prior to 1.0.1. Namely, what was affected were 1.0.1f, 1.0.1e, 1.0.1d, 1.0.1c, 1.0.1b, 1.0.1a, 1.0.1. The bug was fixed in OpenSSL 1.0.1g. "Affected users should upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.1g. Users unable to immediately upgrade can alternatively recompile OpenSSL with -DOPENSSL_NO_HEARTBEATS." In the notice Mehta of Google Security was thanked for discovering the bug and Adam Langley and Bodo Moeller were thanked for preparing the fix.

Meantime, a team of security engineers at security company Codenomicon independently explored the bug, which their team found while improving the SafeGuard feature in its security testing tools; they reported the bug to the NCSC-FI for vulnerability coordination and reporting to OpenSSL team. Codenomicon issued a fully detailed page examining Heartbleed and its vulnerabilities:"The Heartbleed bug allows anyone on the Internet to read the memory of the systems protected by the vulnerable versions of the OpenSSL software. This compromises the secret keys used to identify the service providers and to encrypt the traffic, the names and passwords of the users and the actual content. This allows attackers to eavesdrop on communications, steal data directly from the services and users and to impersonate services and users."

Codenomicon is headquartered in Oulu, Finland and California with offices in Singapore and Hong Kong. The company's testers utilized an attacker's perspective and attacked the company from outside, "without leaving a trace." The Codenomicon team said they did not use any credentials or privileged information and yet were able to steal "secret keys used for our X.509 certificates, user names and passwords, instant messages, emails and business critical documents and communication."

According to Codenomicon, the bug was introduced to OpenSSL in December 2011 and "the OpenSSL 1.0.1g released Monday fixes the bug." OpenSSL is used to protect sensitive data as it travels back and forth, said BBC News. Ars Technica called it "the world's most popular code library for implementing HTTPS encryption in websites, e-mail servers, and applications."

The bug itself is called "Heartbleed" because it occurs in the heartbeat extension. Codenomicon explained that the bug is in the OpenSSL's implementation of the TLS/DTLS (transport layer security protocols) heartbeat extension (RFC6520). "When it is exploited it leads to the leak of memory contents from the server to the client and from the client to the server."

According to BBC News, full protection might require "updating to the safer version of OpenSSL as well as getting new security certificates and generating new encryption keys." Similarly, Jeremy Kirk of the IDG News Service said administrators were advised to apply the up-to-date version of SSL, revoke any compromised keys and reissue new keys.

Posing the question, "Is there a bright side to all this?" Codenomicon commented that for service providers affected, "this is a good opportunity to upgrade security strength of the secret keys used."
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

Scams

I have a junk e-mail address that I give.

I can always tell, who sold my information. Ha.

They think I don't Know.

Maybe a law suite or two would stop this nonsense.
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Scams

Good idea, but they usually have a disclaimer someplace.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Scams

i just got this in an old Email Account.
Don't open it if you get one, or any unfamiliar emails.
This one has a bad virus, and a password stealing feature that usually gets in your financial accounts, and Facebook even.
Just a warning, it's nasty stuff. :unsure:
I'm glad I looked it up, and don't open things like this.

"Thank you for your recent purchase (REF: INV211457).

Please find a copy of your invoice attached to this email.

Kind regards

Nuala

-- -------------
M&M KITCHEN APPLIANCES
Kilrea
T. 028 2954 2308"

This is what you get for opening it :unsure:
VirusTotal report

Avast Win32:Malware-gen
Bkav HW32.Paked.4100
ESET-NOD32 Win32/PSW.Fareit.A
Ikarus Trojan-Spy.Zbot
Malwarebytes Trojan.Downloader
McAfee Artemis!5F586EE90234
Norman Fareit.HG
Qihoo-360 HEUR/QVM07.1.Malware.Gen
Rising PE:Malware.FakePDF@CV!1.9C3A
Sophos Mal/Generic-L
Symantec Trojan.Zbot
genocide088

Re: Scams

thailand the land of scams never everyday there is new one where some thai cheated other thais or foreigners out of millions of baht

ITS EVERY single day in the news

i would never suggest any foreigner to ever to any business in thailand or buy a condo (maybe ithe person selling is not even the owner) or ever have a thai wife that will murder you for the insurance money has happened so many times

thailand is the worlds most corrupted country its really is. and even thais speak this

and when stuff happens to you never any justice as all the other side does is pay off the police to take there side

is why when there traffic accidents even if in the right all thais flee the scene hit and run as know not at all a case of right and wrong who wins but how has more influence over the police

as the police 100% paid off as well oh i could write a 100 000 page essay on this if have to but not in the mood

i met thousands of westerners in thailand all the same stories all opened businesses or had some thai wife

all came to a bad ending

they didnt just not make a profit but there ENTIRE investment gone

some 100 divorced in just 1 province khon kaen in a 3 month peroid thai lady and western man

the man must pay between 300 000 - 1 million baht say $10 000 usd - $ 30 000 usd and guess what when the bitch asks for a divorce you dont get your money back

lets see if i can find some.
genocide088

kasikorn bank scam pattaya

losese $10 million usd from duped and clueless wonder expats there

they thought it was leget as printed on there letterhead in the bank

not any moeny returned and bank refuses to give back

adn police paid off too even thou there that had a laywer

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/hun ... in-pattaya

https://bangkokjack.com/2021/12/29/patt ... d-victims/
genocide088

or how bout marrying 11 differnet men and the your parents goto each and every wedding and the same corrupted monk says nothing about it

i dont think many clueless wonder westerners get it. yes every country has a bad apple

with thailand its whole fuking orchards full of them why the industrial scale

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... eir-money/
genocide088

or how bout marrying your loving thai gf as shit for brains westerner i wont put his name her but an american said she cleans my room and that is a sign of love

over 100 thai women just from 1 province khon kaen divorced just 3 months. as mentioned previously cost to the clueless wonder westerner $10 000 usd - $ 30 000 usd. and no they dont give refunds

https://aseannow.com/topic/157566-over- ... -3-months/
genocide088

now you think you are so super smart so you have your property in just your name. as you know you cant trust the thai bitch

think again the are ways around this too. easy forge your signature and pay off the lawyer

and this johnathon head was arrested for daring to report it after and spent time in a thai jail

this a quote from one of the many westerner victims

I asked him what he would say to those considering retiring and buying property in Phuket.

"Don't. Don't come here. The system of law is nowhere near as strong as you think it is going to be, there is no protection for you, and there are gangs of people victimising you. The lawyers have very little in the way of ethics or professionalism."

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34346620

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/bbc-jo ... reporting/

could add here 10 000 more scams of thailand theres also cambodia scams that lured 50 000 thais to work there by the chinese mafia under gun point that for another day
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:rofl:
I have to laugh at all those scams people fall for, you know a fool is born every minute.
When Woman are involved even a smart man can become a fool, do you blame the woman, or the fool who really know better.
I blame the fools of the world, I get called constantly during the day, and it's scams.
I don't answer, and it's all those fools fault for falling for the scams.