Big Oil

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Big Oil

Alberta has been awash with big money for some time now. it's has to be one of the richest places in the world.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's sad though politics, and Saudi big oil has caused the loss of life in an indirect way. People should have saved just in case though, and prepared for a hard time if they could.
I feel bad for those families who lost someone, it's a shame in so many ways. :(
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

If this is true then it should crash most of the middle eastern nations. Only Israel will hold out. I suspect however that this is a scam to get people buying stocks. I have posted on this before.

This New Fuel Will Kill Big Oil

http://pro.moneymappress.com/EADSLR3979 ... com&h=true
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Obama is wanting to put a $10 on a barrel of oil now like it will hurt big oil.
It's an attack on America is all, he knows we will have to pay at the pumps, and in manufacturing cost.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I believe that Obama is trying every tactic possible to destroy the USA. Congress is making this difficult but he is successfully doing as much damage as he is capable of.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Congress isn't doing much to stop him, McConnell pretty much gave him a free ride also till he leaves.
it's sick, they all need the axe for their complacency.
Obama his whole two terms has been working at attacking American oil, and coal, and wont stop.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Could it actually be that oil is on it's way out and another better fuel source is waiting in the wings ? If so then the muslim countries are really going to be disasters.

Fossil fuels 'probably dead,' says Canadian Pacific Railway CEO Hunter Harrison

MONTREAL - People need to get their heads around the idea that fossil fuels are "probably dead," the CEO of Canadian Pacific Railway said Wednesday.

"I'm not maybe as green as I should be but I happen to think the climate is changing (and) they're not going to fool me anymore," Hunter Harrison told a J.P. Morgan transportation conference in New York.

The veteran rail executive said the transition to alternative fuels will be long, but new investments in traditional energy sources will dry up because of environmental hurdles.

The country's second-largest railway has seen shipments of crude drop due to declining demand brought on by the dramatic fall in oil prices. Thermal coal shipments have also waned.

Harrison said the rail industry will have to adjust to a shift to alternative energy sources, just as it did in the 1990s when the U.S. Clean Air Act wiped away 29 per cent of the business at Illinois Central Railway that he ran at the time.

"I think that it's a challenge going forward, but rails have historically dealt with those changes really well through the years and continued to survive and make it," he said.

Company spokesman Jeremy Berry said later that Harrison was referring to the "overwhelming trend" towards sustainable energy and the need for all segments of the economy to acknowledge the ever-changing energy landscape.

Greenpeace welcomed Harrison's view, saying it marks a reversal from the 1990s when railroads denied global warming because they relied so much on coal.

"I think he's just recognizing the new realities and looking to go where the puck is going rather than where it has been," said Keith Stewart, the environmental group's head of climate and energy campaign.

"And our political leaders would do well to recognize that renewable energy is the way of the future and we need to be looking at how we can prepare for a world that is going beyond fossil fuels."

Under the new Liberal government, Canada was among countries late last year that helped push for a goal of limiting global warming to around 1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels.

The Calgary-based railway (TSX:CP) also said it filed a resolution with U.S. securities regulators that it plans to introduce to Norfolk Southern shareholders at its next annual meeting as part of its effort to acquire the Virginia-based railway.

The motion calls for shareholders to request Norfolk's board to engage in discussions with CP Rail that wouldn't preclude discussions with other parties.

"This is kind of our last effort, the last thing we know to do and we hope it will work," Harrison said. "And if not, we are going to go back in and run our railroad."

Note to readers: This is a corrected story. A previous version had a wrong last name for Jeremy Berry.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/fossil-fuels- ... 17468.html