"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

Quotes

sent from my desktop using a keyboard
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

Quotes

And now, for the cruelest, tragic and yet most comical joke in US' history: what does not belong here?

Prize: life without the debt...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Quotes

[quote="Dagon"]Interesting believes of C.S. Lewis

When asked about "his belief in the Devil," Lewis addressed the question in a thought-provoking way in 1960:
"Now, if by 'the Devil' you mean a power opposite to God and, like God, self existent from all eternity, the answer is certainly No. There is no uncreated being except God. God has no opposite. The proper question is whether I believe in devils. I do. That is to say, I believe in angels, and I believe that some of these, by the abuse of their free will, have become enemies to God. Satan, the leader or dictator of devils, is the opposite, not of God, but of Michael. There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them. They themselves are equally pleased by both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight. The safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts."

"Talk to me about the truth of religion and I'll listen gladly. Talk to me about the duty of religion and I'll listen submissively. But don't come talking to me about the consolations of religion or I shall suspect that you don't understand."

"No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear. Part of every misery is, so to speak, the misery's shadow or reflection: the fact that you don't merely suffer but have to keep on thinking about the fact that you suffer. I not only live each endless day in grief, but live each day thinking about living each day in grief."

"Much of the modern resistance to chastity comes from men's belief that they 'own' their bodies
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Quotes

Dagon wrote:And now, for the cruelest, tragic and yet most comical joke in US' history: what does not belong here?

Prize: life without the debt...
Anything other than nature, and what ever the natives wanted since it was their holy lands.
It's quite a slap in the face to many of them.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Quotes

"Image"

The one man who got bankers out of control of our money, he fought hard to do it .
Wilson brought them back in .
I suspect they was in around the civil war though. :think:
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

Quotes

"Anything other than nature, and what ever the natives wanted since it was their holy lands. It's quite a slap in the face to many of them."
PM sent. :)
Blue Frost wrote:The one man who got bankers out of control of our money, he fought hard to do it .
Wilson brought them back in. I suspect they was in around the civil war though. :think:
Andrew Jackson (1767
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Quotes

It's a shame really that he didn't have it made a permanent law to keep banks out of government, he tried, but it was a long hard fight for him .
There is a lot I have forgotten that you wrote there, but people really need to learn .
I appreciate his attempt for that, but Jackson was a real low life for what he did to his Indian allies, and sending them west killing many of them.
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

Quotes

Blue Frost wrote:I appreciate his attempt for that, but Jackson was a real low life for what he did to his Indian allies, and sending them west killing many of them.
Even more so - he was also a slaver.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Quotes

I did see mention of that at one time, but that's been years ago. I never liked the man since I first read about him.
I actually had a great great great ect uncle that beat him up :laugh: Simon Kenton
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Quotes

Re. C.S. Lewis ... he's one of my favourite authors. His book, "A Grief Observed" is such a raw look at the grieving process from the inside ... the meeting of mind and emotion. Very powerful.
Wag more, bark less.
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

Quotes

I haven't read that one yet. This is the best one of his (as of yet): The Screwtape Letters

A kind of satire in a form of a series of letters from a senior demon Screwtape to his nephew Wormwood, a Junior Tempter. The uncle's mentorship pertains to the nephew's responsibility for securing the damnation of a British man known only as "the Patient".
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Quotes

It's great, isn't it! I have it on my Kindle. :)
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Quotes

:laugh: Never judge a book by its movie.
J. W. Eagan
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Quotes

:rofl:
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Quotes

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Quotes

Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

Quotes

Blue Frost wrote::laugh: Never judge a book by its movie.
J. W. Eagan
LOL! Awesome.
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

Quotes

All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

Children are educated by what the grown-up is and not by his talk.
If there is anything that we wish to change in the child,
we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves.

Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.

Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism.

Everyone knows nowadays that people 'have complexes'. What is not so well known, though far more important theoretically, is that complexes can have us.

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.

Follow that will and that way which experience confirms to be your own.

Great talents are the most lovely and often the most dangerous fruits on the tree of humanity.
They hang upon the most slender twigs that are easily snapped off.

If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool.

In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order.

It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves.

It is a fact that cannot be denied: the wickedness of others becomes our own wickedness because it kindles something evil in our own hearts.
Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.

Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health.

Man's task is to become conscious of the contents that press upward from the unconscious.

Masses are always breeding grounds of psychic epidemics.

Who looks outside, dreams;
Who looks inside, awakens.

- Carl Gustav Jung
Dagon
"VIP Member"
"VIP Member"

Quotes

[youtube][/youtube]