Other Television Series Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Other Television Series Talk

I thought Enterprise was one of the better ones, the failing of the show I believe was the long period of dealing with the Xindi, and quick transition into the next story line.
It was a good show though, good cohesive cast also for what it was.

A sexy surfer girl in a body suit didn't hurt either :teehe:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: December 24th, 2022, 9:32 am I thought Enterprise was one of the better ones, the failing of the show I believe was the long period of dealing with the Xindi, and quick transition into the next story line.
It was a good show though, good cohesive cast also for what it was.

A sexy surfer girl in a body suit didn't hurt either :teehe:
Its good, its entertaining.

Its certainly better than the Michael Burnham show... Or Picard.

I havent watched Picard because the cussing female starfleet admiral just turned me off.

I like ensign Sato more than T'Pol. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sato is good also, but still not fat enough for you :laugh:
I think the whole cast went well together, and Trip might be the best character in my opinion.
I honestly didn't think I would like the show, but it surprised me.
They did stay on one story way to long though which I think made a lot loose interest in it.

TPol was sexy, but not pretty, the character was a bit one dimensional also till you looked into her past, and why.
The body suit helped though :laugh:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Trip is always targeted by horny female aliens. :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Must be hard :laugh:

I thought he was as good a ships engineer as Scotti was.
Maybe not as memorable only being on a short while, but he had a good character on the show.
Maybe a bit better than the rest which isn't good for a show, Bacula was suppose to be the lead after all.

I like how open to destroying everything he was for revenge.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 1st, 2023, 10:52 am Must be hard :laugh:

I thought he was as good a ships engineer as Scotti was.
Maybe not as memorable only being on a short while, but he had a good character on the show.
Maybe a bit better than the rest which isn't good for a show, Bacula was suppose to be the lead after all.

I like how open to destroying everything he was for revenge.
I dont think T'Pol is a very good vulcan.

She clearly shows a lot of emotion.

I think Tuvok from Voyager really rocked that emotionless part.

But even he expresses irritation quite a lot... Frustration and irritation.

I havent watched TOS because 60's shows are too goofy for me... But I have seen the movies and various clips from the show.

Leonard Nimoy was the best vulcan.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

T'Pol has Mind Meld VD, that's why shes erratic acting.
Tuvoc was good, but I think a little dull, and forced to act that way, but his character was alright.
Nimoy was the best I think because of the humor, they put a lot of dry humor into his character.
He actually hated the part, and thought he should be gave better acting parts.
In his last few years he learned his resentment was not right, and fans loved him for being Spock which did pay the bills.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Star Trek Enterprise got cancelled even though it shouldnt have.

Something about the air-time being really bad... It overlapped with baseball I think.

Finally got to see the Romulans but the show got cancelled before the Romulan war... What a let down.

The Romulan war and the neutral zone is mentioned a lot in the shows and it would have been nice to see it.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:04 pm Star Trek Enterprise got cancelled even though it shouldnt have.

Something about the air-time being really bad... It overlapped with baseball I think.

Finally got to see the Romulans but the show got cancelled before the Romulan war... What a let down.

The Romulan war and the neutral zone is mentioned a lot in the shows and it would have been nice to see it.
Agreed, I thought it was a good show.

And yes the Romulan war would have made for an interesting series of plots. I have always been fascinated by the Romulans ever since I was a kid when I first saw the original series episode known as "The Balance of Terror". I loved how the Romulans seemed like such an honorable and duty bound foe... Unfortunately in the later series they didn't really continue that cultural aspect and portrayed the Romulans as a sneaky back stabbing kind of people. They kind of shifted all the honor and miltary aspects over to the Klingons which was a cultural shift from the original series. Very disappointing.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:04 pm Star Trek Enterprise got cancelled even though it shouldnt have.

I wanted to see more of the time travel stuff, it was getting good when it got canceled.
They spent all that time on the Xendy people got bored with the show is why I think it got canned.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: February 8th, 2023, 10:35 am

And yes the Romulan war would have made for an interesting series of plots. I have always been fascinated by the Romulans ever since I was a kid when I first saw the original series episode known as "The Balance of Terror". I loved how the Romulans seemed like such an honorable and duty bound foe... Unfortunately in the later series they didn't really continue that cultural aspect and portrayed the Romulans as a sneaky back stabbing kind of people. They kind of shifted all the honor and miltary aspects over to the Klingons which was a cultural shift from the original series. Very disappointing.
I havent watched TOS and I only know the back-stabbing Romulans.

They are darkside Vulcans and it would be interesting to see them as aggressive, strong and intelligent antagonists.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: February 9th, 2023, 3:50 pm

They are darkside Vulcans and it would be interesting to see them as aggressive, strong and intelligent antagonists.
They were supposed to be very war like and militaristic, always looking to expand their empire thru conquest. They were very disciplined and an honorable and capable enemy whereas the Klingons where mostly portrayed as the sneaky untrustworthy types. It looked like they tried to portray the Romulans like the Roman miltary, hence the name "Romulus" one of the mythological founders of ancient Rome.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: February 10th, 2023, 9:34 am

They were supposed to be very war like and militaristic, always looking to expand their empire thru conquest. They were very disciplined and an honorable and capable enemy whereas the Klingons where mostly portrayed as the sneaky untrustworthy types. It looked like they tried to portray the Romulans like the Roman miltary, hence the name "Romulus" one of the mythological founders of ancient Rome.
Not to mention that their moon is called "Remus" and they have praetors, consuls, proconsuls and centurions.

Klingons are portrayed as dumb cavemen now and it makes people wonder how did they develop warp-technology. :teehe:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 8th, 2023, 8:17 pm

I wanted to see more of the time travel stuff, it was getting good when it got canceled.
They spent all that time on the Xendy people got bored with the show is why I think it got canned.
It was the showtime issue... And Trek fatigue because of TNG, DS9 and voyager back to back before enterprise.

The time travel gimmick is seldom good.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

I dont think the Hobbit movies were that bad.

A money grab for sure and the CGI was really bad considering they were done in the 2010s.

People complain about the story being very slow paced... But I kind of like spending time in bag end. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: February 10th, 2023, 2:42 pm
Renee wrote: February 10th, 2023, 9:34 am

Not to mention that their moon is called "Remus" and they have praetors, consuls, proconsuls and centurions.

Klingons are portrayed as dumb cavemen now and it makes people wonder how did they develop warp-technology. :teehe:
In the original series the Klingons always reminded me of Mexican bandits.... :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: Warf was asked what happened to them to make them look different later, he said we don't like to talk about it.
Maybe sex with Targs ! :laugh:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 12th, 2023, 12:37 pm :laugh: Warf was asked what happened to them to make them look different later, he said we don't like to talk about it.
Maybe sex with Targs ! :laugh:
They created an explanation for why the Klingons look so different in TOS... It was unnecessary.

Enterprise has the augment virus.

I did like how they explained why the Borg were aware of earth in TNG.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

I know that the Cardassians are supposed to be the space-nazis and the Bajorans are the israelites/jews...

But the Ferengi are more like the jews of the franchise.

:laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ferengi where the stereotypical Jew, but when they first appeared they where just little punk savages that could hardly talk.

The Cardassians are not Jews, they just have big butts, and a mental case for a dad. :teehe: