Outer Space

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Outer Space

Most of those are not M class planets so no they didn't.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Best at full screen

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I imagine that these two videos colours have been enhanced to make details more visible. Are any of these features evidence of life on Mars ? Perhaps microbes from gadgets that we have sent to Mars are now colonizing Mars.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm sure they are colored for detail.
It's still amazing, and surreal.
If our planet ever dies for some reason it will look close to that in time.
I thought I noticed a salt plumb in one photo there, could have been life there at one time, or dwelling underneath.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This black hole eating a star photo happened about 215 million years ago. It’s looking at a historic event. https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/sci-tech/ ... B6mxhrmQ5Q
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Seen a few of those over the years on news, and documentaries, it's interesting how the gravity just starts ripping away the components in layers.
Some planets like say ours the air then oceans would be took, after that the planet would start ripping apart as everything was dragged in.
Then you have time warping seemingly slowing, but that wouldn't matter since nobody would be alive. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Really we would be likely dead way before a black hole got close to our system.
The outer bodies in our system would be disrupted so much it would fling things at us so fast our little planet would be pulverized.
The black hole wouldn't even need to be close to us, or enter our system.
And just think of the rays being put off by a black hole, we would be nuked like popcorn in a microwave.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This one minute video of a twenty year time lapse of stars moving around a black hole in the Milky Way is something to see. These stars are a zillions light years away so where is this black hole now then ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's interesting to see, and those huge stars are distorting space also.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have come across this Carrington event a number of times over some decades. If a solar flare like that hit now things could get interesting. It must have been a sight to see.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Something on that line but a whole lot bigger

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Isn’t there one such sort “eye” like thing far out in space like this pointed at earth now ? If my memory serves me correctly. I do believe that the 2020’s will be interesting times but I hope a gamma ray burst isn’t part of the excitement.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

We are due for one, there was one near us I have seen years back that might hit us.
Some scientist speculated it was part of the mass extinction in the past also, the one which killed most the life on earth, and the seas.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

NASA has just witnessed something coming out of black hole ? How on earth did this happen ? I thought that nothing could come out of a black hole including light. https://blog.thespaceacademy.org/2023/0 ... f.html?m=1
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would assume that's an energy spike, or burp from something it ate like a star core, or nova.
Since most of it is radio waves, and radiation I would bet it was loud if space wasn't a vacuum.

Oh, and stuff is always coming out of a black hole unless dormant, and still it's loosing energy.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Really cool, makes me want to buy another telescope, and a good camera system.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Since the man landed on the moon with the Apollo rocket I have been amazed how the rockets take off.
The Power it takes, calculations, and accuracy needed.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This was a sight to see. They certainly have come a long time since the Apollo moon missions fifty years ago.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I wanted to become an astronaut, but only became a space cadet. :facepalm: :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP