Outer Space

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Outer Space

The thermal vents is what they hope to find, and the most likely place the will find any life.
I don't doubt there is some around them, I would bet their is.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

It just didn't feel right that Pluto lost it's planet status. Welcome back Pluto ! Check out the video on the earth sized planets inside the livable zone. Perhaps we will find a way to get there before are sun goes poof.

Celestial resurrection? Pluto could become a planet again – along with 100+ other objects

Scientists have had an on-again-off-again relationship with Pluto’s status since 2006 when it was downgraded to a dwarf planet. But changes to the criteria for planets could mean a comeback for the icy globe.
Pluto could become a planet again depending on changes to the International Astronomical Union’s (IAU) criteria. While some may celebrate Pluto’s return to planetary mnemonics, changing those criteria could potentially add another 102 celestial bodies to the list of planets, the Astronaut reported Saturday.

When the IAU looks to qualify a celestial body as a planet, they currently take three things into consideration: it must orbit the sun, have enough mass to have a round shape and have a gravitational pull strong enough to pull clutter from its neighboring planets. Pluto, as the ninth planet in our solar system, managed to get by for years because of its orbit and mass, but in 2006, the other shoe dropped and scientists determined it had not become more gravitationally dominant than other objects in the area.

READ MORE: 7 new Earth-sized planets discovered, 3 found 'in star's habitable zone' - NASA (VIDEO)

The demotion of Pluto was a highly contentious move that has been hotly debated in the astronomy community, partially because of semantics. Members behind the New Horizons probe that reached Pluto in July 2015 explained why this mattered.

https://www.rt.com/usa/379674-pluto-pla ... ification/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Outer Space

We have a lot of little planets running around most people never knows about, some right near us in the Kuiper belt.

Then we have the Oort cloud that blankets our system, no telling all that's there, something huge maybe.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oaktree

thanks for posting that. I didn't know about those other almost planets. I think that Xena might get planet status one day.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think it should, and any round object out there with a regular orbit, and a satellite object
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Outer Space

These are some new things to view.

Earth from a billion miles away: Cassini captures mind-blowing image (PHOTO)

https://www.rt.com/viral/385597-cassini ... n-picture/

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I kind of wish i lived in one of the darker places in the US, look at that light pollution. .
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Some of these never been seen views in outer space are so neat. I wonder if that probe sent out in the seventies ever gets some bizarre scenes to view ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Outer Space

Not 70s,

"Cassini–Huygens is an unmanned spacecraft sent to the planet Saturn. It is a Flagship-class NASA–ESA–ASI robotic spacecraft. Cassini is the fourth space probe to visit Saturn and the first to enter orbit, and its mission is ongoing as of April 2017. Wikipedia
Spacecraft component: Huygens
Orbital insertion: July 1, 2004, 02:48 UTC
Start date: October 15, 1997
Power: ~880 watts (BOL); ~670 watts (2010)
Rocket: Titan IV
Manufacturer: Cassini: Jet Propulsion Laboratory; Huygens: Alcatel Alenia Space"

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I wonder how many more dacades this Cassini probe will be sending back info and photos ? I wonder if it has sent back some photos that are above top secret ? There is at least one probe that is well outside of our solar system and it still is sending back info too.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The Cassini probe is in the rings now I think, and is on the way to the planet where it will become part of the planet in September.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Outer Space

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Outer Space

Jupiter really looks like abstract art. Those huge swirling blue clouds do look very otherworldly....which of course they are

NASA's Juno mission snaps mesmerizing images of Jupiter’s cloud canopy (PHOTOS)

https://www.rt.com/usa/411751-nasas-jun ... 1_c_SYRBpv

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Outer Space

remember way back with the sand boxes you shook, and turned to make stuff like that. :)
I wish I remembered what they where called.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Outer Space

[video][/video]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Outer Space

One huge shard of space stuff, I think from an explosion from the shape.

[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Outer Space

I posted an article on this bizarre meteor on the comets and meteors thread. They were wondering if it was a UFO
toolkit

Outer Space

Gary Oaktree

Outer Space

Seeing as this happened in the USA I am inclined to think that this is most likely American military secret high technology something whereas if it happened in some third world country I would have thought that it could be otherworldly
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Outer Space

There is usually always a logical reason for strange stuff we see, and the world is full of them.