Ancient Civilizations

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Ancient Civilizations

This is something people usually doesn't understand, China wasn't always China, and there where so many peoples that have gotten taken over to make such a huge country.
Same happened in Europe over time, many peoples became one, or where just wiped out.
Caesar alone killed off or enslaved several tribes, the Helvetii a conglomeration of tribes, 350,000+ people.
India is another, it's an ancient, and was a lucky place where they could build civilizations during the last Ice age, it was a temperate location I have read.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That was a brilliant short video and I learned a lot. I read the chronicle of Chinese emperors which was about 200 pages. It was boring but it covered from the Chin dynasty through to the Qing dynasty. Also I read a short book on the pre Han dynasty China however the majority of the knowledge in this video I had either forgotten or didn’t know. Seeing the maps showed a lot. China ruled Vietnam a lot. Liaoning must have gotten the Liao in its name from the Liao kingdom just before the Mongolian invasion as Ningxia got its name from the Xia kingdom that the Mongols genocided for standing up against them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

What I learned of those periods the priest/court clown class was mostly in charge a lot of the time.
The Emperors had most the power, but lost it a lot because of them working for their own gains.
They had the education, and control of state issues from taxes, to planning so they could take control way more easy than even the generals.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character