Wierd Weather

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Wierd Weather

It's always neat to see the pics from around the great lakes region, the ice can really smother everything in strange ways with how the wind blows it.
I'm glad not to live there.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ontarios Wierd Weather

This deep freeze that has reached the American south is wierd weather.

Roller-coaster winter brings messy mix of weather to southern Ontario

By Scott Sutherland

By Scott Sutherland | Geekquinox
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

150 Frozen Sharks Washed Up In Mexico

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Look for a dry year to come I believe, maybe some drought.
With the climate changing, and I believe from warm to cool the winter dries the air more, and even if it seems wet now, the humidity is down.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Southern US struggles through 'catastrophic' winter storm

Well at least Al Gores movie on global warming made him millions mor dollars

http://rt.com/usa/winter-storm-state-em ... south-614/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Southern US struggles through 'catastrophic' winter stor

Gary Oak wrote:Well at least Al Gores movie on global warming made him millions mor dollars

http://rt.com/usa/winter-storm-state-em ... south-614/
Al Gore was just out for the money, and he made a billion off his scam along with the millions on the movie.
We here are expected to get maybe up to 6 inches this evening.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That's right, you are in that vicintiy and can give Gary Oaks Corner on the spot feedback :thumbsup:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

LOL, I just wish it would melt off before more coming.
I have like 5 inches of compacted snow, and ice on my drive.
It's warm out at the moment, but schools are out because the weather coming.
Ill keep you informed, and I hope all is well there with yours.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

HAARP is being shut down.

Project HAARP:

In the latter half, lecturer on new technologies, health and earth science related issues,
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Haarp :facepalm: like America, and George Bush, blamed for all the worlds woes.
I'm sure it was used for no good, but not all that it was credited for.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Raining Deer

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

WOW that is amazing they are still alive after that, she must have kept control .
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/funn ... o-warnings

Canada is really getting hit right now. There is a hurricane on the eastern coast, Manitoba is having serious flooding and now though not overly unusual Saskatchewan has just had a bunch of tornadoes.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nice hot summer day here, not very unusual here :)
Rain maybe this week :)
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Super-Typhoon Heads Toward Japan

So now we have superthoons ? I was in two record breaking typhoons in Hong Kong so now hain supertphoons seems very unreal. Is HAARP resposible ?

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/why-s ... 00122.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nasty, but there has been bigger in earths history.
Heat makes bigger storms, especially Ocean heat.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Killer Hail At Siberian Beach

Look at the splashes these hailstones make in the sea. They are huge. I am surprised that more people weren't killed. There is so much weird weather these days that I can't post all of it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 06659.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The video I saw was a bit scary, and one fat woman tried waiting it out in the water, but had to come out for some shelter.
I'm sure she was bruised up from it.
i have seen reports of cows, and other livestock being killed from events like that.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Fire Clouds

This is something not everybody sees

Fighter Jet Captures Towering 'Fire Clouds' Over California (Photos)

Giant, towering "fire clouds" billowing up from the wildfires currently ravaging California have been captured in stunning images snapped from fighter jets.

Almost 80 percent of California is deep in drought. Last year was the driest year in 119 years of record, and 2014 has brought little relief to the parched state. The dried-out vegetation covering California acted like kindling when lightning strikes earlier this month sparked more wildfires that have scorched more than 100,000 acres (400 square kilometers) across the state.

Wildfires fanned by high winds can create fire tornadoes, but wildfires can also create huge, towering plumes called pyrocumulus clouds (sometimes called "fire clouds"). An Oregon Air National Guard F-15C fighter jet snapped photos of some of these fire clouds on July 31, and NASA's Earth Observatory released the images today (Aug. 6). [See Photos of Some of the Weirdest Clouds]

Wildfires can often create fire clouds that rise high into the sky, propelled upward from the heat of the flames below. The fire clouds captured by the fighter jet rose from the Beaver Complex fire currently roasting the border between California and Oregon.

In satellite images, the fire clouds look like giant stalks of cauliflower with large, white puffs rising over darker smokestacks. Fire clouds are similar to regular cumulus clouds. Heat causes an air mass to rise into the atmosphere, where it collides with cooler air and the water vapor condenses into a cloud. However, the heat that creates regular cumulus clouds comes from the sun's reflected heat radiating from the Earth's surface, while the heat that creates fire clouds comes from open flames.

Fire clouds can be dangerous, as they can send smoke and pollutants into the upper atmosphere. The wind can pick up the pollutants and spread them across a wide area. The fire cloud over the Beaver Complex fire spouted a huge puff of smoke into the atmosphere, and winds pushed the smoke northeast over Oregon and sent it drifting toward Idaho and Montana.

In some cases, fire clouds can trigger thunderstorms that help put out wildfires. This happens when the pyrocumulus clouds develop into pyrocumulonimbus clouds. Cumulonimbus clouds are the source of all thunderstorms, and if fire clouds make the transformation, they can start huge downpours.

The wildfires are most severe in northern California, but the evacuation advisory has been lifted in Shasta County, an area to the southeast of the Beaver Complex fire, according to the Associated Press. Rain and a 6-mile-long (10 kilometers) fire line built by emergency responders have helped slow the flames. Cooler weather and scattered showers are helping to contain the blazes, but temperatures are expected to increase next week, ending the temporary relief.

Follow Kelly Dickerson on Twitter. Follow us @livescience, Facebook & Google+. Original article on Live Science.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/fighter-jet-c ... ml#T2ol5u0