Wierd Weather

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Wierd Weather

Tornadoes in a snow storm in Arizona !? This is weird weather. https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/topst ... nsYJ6YswUg

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Apparently this is the first time that lightning has been caught in this slow motion.
Mel Gibson

Lightning is awesome! Here, I have witnessed awesome lightning storms roll through!

Did you know that scientists still aren't 100% sure exactly how lightning works?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Years ago we had colored lightning here in a lightning storm, blue, green, and red lightning is what I saw.
It was very cool looking, and a massive display of it also.
Different gasses in the air is what causes that, a lot was over a lake in the hills.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Is the northern lights started swirling I would imagine that people seeing this would probably panic. I’ve never heard of the northern lights swirling ever so could it be that HAARP or a another countries weather manipulation facilities caused this ? https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/6889401002 ... ssion=true
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cool but that's not really a concern, or anything new.
It is a pole after all, and the universe turns in everything including our own atoms.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Dust devils aren’t too weird but a dog flung by one has got to be rare. This fling however was caught on camera. :cool: https://www.westernjournal.com/dust-dev ... ve-tribune

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have seen tents, and lots of garbage caught up in dust devils.
I was at a RC air show long ago, and the tents got flown around, and the air plains on the ground got blown around also.
You should have seen all the people running around trying to get their stuff.

Seen it happen at a ball field also as well as a fireworks setup.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

More ball lightning caught on camera.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm not sure if I mentioned, I once saw colored lightning, there was flashes of blue, red, green, and the rest of the rainbow.
It was a lightning storm that came in fast over the hills, and over a lake so maybe it was from gasses in the air.
The lake is deep, and has a lot of rotting bio matter in it.
I have only seen it that one time.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That certainly is some weird weather. Perhaps that rare type of coloured lightning will be caught on camera one day.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I really wish I had it on video, the lightning storm alone was spectacular, but then the colors over the hill happened.
I asked a weatherman what happened, but he didn't have much of a clue, but I thought gases in the air.
The water was steamy that day, it was real hot, and then the storm rolled in.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There’s been a lot of weird weather going on around the world lately by this fifteen second video of lightning hitting this large pond is a unusual sight.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There’s so much weird weather going on these days that this thread could easily be flooded with articles from all over the world for examples the forest fires, China’s weather woes, etc…. This hurricane Ida however has caused never seen before flooding in the USA. Check out this five minute video. https://abcnews.go.com/US/idas-remnants ... d=79780365
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's been relatively quiet the last few years, a big one wouldn't surprise me in the least.
China needs the disasters, not for human loss, or suffering, but for the filth they have in the air, and waters.
It's a real sad shame that they would not put a good effort in to clean it up not only for themselves, but all of us.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Tornadoes aren’t really that weird in the tornado alley however it’s unusual to get a view of one like this one.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

What an idiot, gotta wonder if he survived that.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I highly doubt that I would never see a quadruple microbursts if this storm chaser didn’t catch it on film. It certainly is a sight to see. If any hitchhiker was caught in it he certainly wouldn’t have been enjoying it. https://mymodernmet.com/quadruple-micro ... tYyZ8RlCVs

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

These light pillars in Northern Ontario are a sight few ever get to see. https://mymodernmet.com/light-pillars-o ... FT6MpGTHwU

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I thought they where called Sprite burst :think: