Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Mel Gibson

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Blue Frost wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 1:31 am Mel it's good stuff, just a bit much of it.
Say you had some good dirt, and mixed just a little of what you have there into it the plant would love it.
I saying what you have is almost lime by the looks with a little soil in it that keeps it from being concrete.
Might be way off on all that, but that's what I think I see.

Nice looking area there, I would love to climb that mountain, and just sit up there for a day.
I think I would set up a little camping spot on that rock about mid way up there, just because. :teehe:
That mountain is actually larger than it looks! It's about 1,500 meters, or close to one mile in height relative to my property! It is extremely steep and rugged up there (climbed up a bit one time), and you'd need some serious climbing gear to safely make it to the top! That said, there is a roundabout way up there if you have a 4X4 of some sort... Pics never do justice!

But ya, the dry clay defo needs amending... It can hardly be shoveled. A pick-axe would be more useful than a shovel! I'll mix some good shit in with it before I dump it back in the hole. I have the machine all day and night tomorrow, so I can take my time with this!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You would actually need a disk, and many loads of dirt, and compost to make something of that ground, it looks pretty bad.
But it's the country so whats it really matter unless you are planting something specific, or want a perfect lawn.

MY ground is about like that, but instead it's clay, and ancient river silt.
My dad, and me has also added a bit much lime over the years, it's getting pretty hard.
I didn't know as a kid, but my dad said go put more lime of the yard, the grass loved it, but we put way to much on it.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:hhd:
Hi peoples, good morning for you I hope.
Not much to say here, but I'm still up from yesterday.
I think Ill go to visit my parents in a bit, it's been a year on Friday since my mom died.
It's been weighing on me quite a bit, so Ill go today since I can.

I hope you all have a good day, and some nice weather.
Anything good happening ? :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 6:53 am You would actually need a disk, and many loads of dirt, and compost to make something of that ground, it looks pretty bad.
But it's the country so whats it really matter unless you are planting something specific, or want a perfect lawn.

MY ground is about like that, but instead it's clay, and ancient river silt.
My dad, and me has also added a bit much lime over the years, it's getting pretty hard.
I didn't know as a kid, but my dad said go put more lime of the yard, the grass loved it, but we put way to much on it.
Job is done! I bought some bags of topsoil. Nursery lady said a thin topping of this over that clay shit should be good enough for grass to grow. So what I'm doing now is wetting down all the clay shit I backfilled, so to help it settle back in again. Once I'm convinced it's settled back into its concrete-like form, I'll throw a couple inches or so of the bought topsoil over the whole affair and rake in some grass seeds. Should be fine for over the septic, as only grass will ever be planted on top of that!

But you're right, in that this is a rural region, and golf course lawn perfection is generally not a goal, nor is it ever expected from the residents! My neighbours are simply happy that I cut my lawn on a somewhat regular basis, as the old homeowners were apparently very lazy with that. Living rural and in the ALR (meaning property is farm status land), there are no bylaws in place for me to even have to maintain my yard if I didn't want to! But, I try to maintain my property best I can, not only for getting along well with the neighbours, but most importantly for resale value if it ever comes time for that!

The entire lawn area is about two acres, so far too large for me to invest in spreading fert/lime all over it. I have a plug aerator I pull behind my ride-on, so I do that now maybe once or twice a year, and call it a day.

It will always be mostly weeds, but it sure does look pretty when all those weeds are green! If you look closely, you'll see some actual grass in there!

The brown rectangle in pic is the septic tank I dug up today, except I dug up the whole damn thing (had to determine if it was a 1 or 2 chambered tank. Only one access panel found, so a 1 chamber tank. 1200 gallons), so disturbed area is a few feet larger now than rectangle in pic! And hopefully will look better if I can get the new grass to grow!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Here you had the tank, and a drywall, both have access, now we have sewer with one access.
When we was on the septic tank, we dug it up every few years, and had it pumped, it would back up quite often.
My dad poured so my acid into it it ate the bottom out, and once we had it pumped a worker almost died falling into it.

the best thing you can do for it is keep good bacteria growing in it, and harsh soaps out of it.
Some people say toilet paper is real bad for them also, but what are you to do with it other than let it stink up the house like some do.

The dirt you add will only last a while, in the long run it won't matter.
The lady was right about it growing some grass, but it's short term, grass don't need a lot for starting it, keeping it is another thing.
Whats it matter though, nice looking yard anyhow .

Hey, nice dinner you have on the lawn, :teehe:
Mel Gibson

It shall be done right! And it will be! Riser installed, and machine was much help! I am experienced excavator operator now! :yum:

Many doubt the Mel Gibson, but I will create a beautiful space for myself, inside and out!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

What I can see it already is a beautiful space, reminds me a little of the place I was going to buy before I got injured.
I would have had a creek, and surrounded by forest, and hills though.
Not one neighbor seen on any side was nice there.

You know it would have been bad me buying it though, I would have not been able to keep it up after getting hurt.
It's hard doing what I can here sometimes.

Peace of mind, and a quiet spot without neighbor issues is the right way to go though.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Saturday peoples, happy weekend :)
been up since midnight here, was in bed all day yesterday.
I'm about to turn in again so maybe Ill feel like doing a little today.
I hope it's good for you all, and a nice day, maybe some good food, and drink if you can. :)
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Happy day...thought I'd pop in and say hi. I've been in the hospital for the last month...I took a serious fall and almost died...im lucky to be alive...i have broken legs and other injuries....im doing good tho...ive had some rehab and even tho I have braces on my legs, I can stand up and walk in a walker....ive bugged them for release in care of my parents and im going to be released this Friday! It will be almost 40 days in the hospital and rehab (physio). I still have a ways to go....next week I see the surgeon and I should get the wires from my shattered knee caps removed, thus enabling me to finally bend my fuckin legs and remove the leg braces!

I do not recommend getting injured or getting sick in Canada right now....our health care system is in complete chaos.....I would say it's an emergency situation....not enough nurses or docs....quality care has gone down hill....I seen it and experienced it myself.....the ward I was in was beyond full....when I was in a wheel chair, they let me wheel around....geez....there beds in the halls filled with patients! I have so many stories of the frustrations I faced....bad management.

Anyway....I'm still alive after hitting concrete...very lucky....im not going anywhere....I will be able to walk again...just have to go on a little journey....walking in my walker...a little more physio...and then I can move up to a cane yo! 🤘 once my legs get stronger, I won't need the cane anymore!! I need to look for a fake gold chain with a clock to go with my cane lol might make a good Halloween costume.

Anyway, carry on with the septic poop talk. :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh sorry hearing that Berry, I do hope you recover good as new.
It sounds pretty bad, and rough on you, keep your head up if you can.

I got me a nice werewolf cane last year, I try not using it, but occasionally get it out.
Need a pimp hat with it. :teehe:

Just get better alright :howdy:
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: August 6th, 2022, 5:18 am What I can see it already is a beautiful space, reminds me a little of the place I was going to buy before I got injured.

You know it would have been bad me buying it though, I would have not been able to keep it up after getting hurt.

Peace of mind, and a quiet spot without neighbor issues is the right way to go though.
Ya, I think the best balance is a larger rural property that you can just let grow wild if you want, combined with a nice small little house, or even a mobile home. Some of the newer mobile homes are actually quite nice inside!
Mel Gibson

Berry Sweet wrote: August 8th, 2022, 11:05 pm Happy day...thought I'd pop in and say hi. I've been in the hospital for the last month...I took a serious fall and almost died...im lucky to be alive...i have broken legs and other injuries....im doing good tho...ive had some rehab and even tho I have braces on my legs, I can stand up and walk in a walker....ive bugged them for release in care of my parents and im going to be released this Friday! It will be almost 40 days in the hospital and rehab (physio). I still have a ways to go....next week I see the surgeon and I should get the wires from my shattered knee caps removed, thus enabling me to finally bend my fuckin legs and remove the leg braces!

I do not recommend getting injured or getting sick in Canada right now....our health care system is in complete chaos.....I would say it's an emergency situation....not enough nurses or docs....quality care has gone down hill....I seen it and experienced it myself.....the ward I was in was beyond full....when I was in a wheel chair, they let me wheel around....geez....there beds in the halls filled with patients! I have so many stories of the frustrations I faced....bad management.

Anyway....I'm still alive after hitting concrete...very lucky....im not going anywhere....I will be able to walk again...just have to go on a little journey....walking in my walker...a little more physio...and then I can move up to a cane yo! 🤘 once my legs get stronger, I won't need the cane anymore!! I need to look for a fake gold chain with a clock to go with my cane lol might make a good Halloween costume.

What the hell did you fall off of? Your roof? What were you doing up there? You weren't high on meth again, were you?

Either way, hope you recover, and do try to be more careful in the future while high on drugs.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Berry Sweet wrote: August 8th, 2022, 11:05 pm Happy day...thought I'd pop in and say hi. I've been in the hospital for the last month...I took a serious fall and almost died...im lucky to be alive...i have broken legs and other injuries....im doing good tho...ive had some rehab and even tho I have braces on my legs, I can stand up and walk in a walker....ive bugged them for release in care of my parents and im going to be released this Friday! It will be almost 40 days in the hospital and rehab (physio). I still have a ways to go....next week I see the surgeon and I should get the wires from my shattered knee caps removed, thus enabling me to finally bend my fuckin legs and remove the leg braces!

Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery.

You do know there are easier ways to steal cable without climbing a pole, right?
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: August 9th, 2022, 4:41 pm You do know there are easier ways to steal cable without climbing a pole, right?
She's posting this on various forums, yet is leaving out how it came to be she shattered both legs on the concrete. She was up to something bad I'd bet. Maybe her drug dealer tossed her off of his third story patio as punishment for not paying her debt.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

No, nothing like that. It's something that could possibly happen to anyone. And I don't do drugs. Cable sucks, I only have interent and stream.

Mel, you're so nosy peeping in everywhere.
Mel Gibson

Berry Sweet wrote: August 9th, 2022, 8:30 pm No, nothing like that. It's something that could possibly happen to anyone. And I don't do drugs. Cable sucks, I only have interent and stream.

Mel, you're so nosy peeping in everywhere.
Shattering both legs is certainly not something that could 'possibly happen to anyone'. That typically requires a very serious motor vehicle crash or falling from a significant height.

Just admit it, your pimp tossed you off of his third floor patio for not paying him his dues, didn't he?
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Dude, ypu know I have an actual job and I don't do drugs....you know I'm also sober, going on 3 years in December.

Least ypu can say is, glad you're alive and I hope ypu heal well...thank goodness I have the strength that I do.
Mel Gibson

Berry Sweet wrote: August 9th, 2022, 11:10 pm Dude, ypu know I have an actual job and I don't do drugs....you know I'm also sober, going on 3 years in December.

Least ypu can say is, glad you're alive and I hope ypu heal well...thank goodness I have the strength that I do.
I did wish you a successful recovery in one of my posts above. But it still begs the question as to what you were up to when this occurred. Did some Chinaman run you over with his BMW?

We need more info to generate successful discourse on the matter.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: August 9th, 2022, 11:25 pm
Berry Sweet wrote: August 9th, 2022, 11:10 pm Dude, ypu know I have an actual job and I don't do drugs....you know I'm also sober, going on 3 years in December.

I did wish you a successful recovery in one of my posts above. But it still begs the question as to what you were up to when this occurred. Did some Chinaman run you over with his BMW?

We need more info to generate successful discourse on the matter.
Hey Mel, how Berry broke her legs is her business. She said it was a "fall" and that's all we need to know.

I don't get this concept that says we all need to know each others business. Be happy with what info posters feel comfortable volunteering and that's it. You know as well as I that just letting embarrassing or personal shit fly on an open forum is not always the best idea.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: August 9th, 2022, 2:00 pm
Blue Frost wrote: August 6th, 2022, 5:18 am What I can see it already is a beautiful space, reminds me a little of the place I was going to buy before I got injured.

Ya, I think the best balance is a larger rural property that you can just let grow wild if you want, combined with a nice small little house, or even a mobile home. Some of the newer mobile homes are actually quite nice inside!
I almost bought a mobile home, I was going to put it on 100 acres, and build a house there.
Saw one mobile home that was a double wide, and had 2x6 walls, it was like a palace.
The thing with Mobile homes though is they loose value like a car, and never worth more than you paid for them.
The double wide I wouldn't have cared, it was that nice, the bathroom was huge, and the garden tub was big enough for four people.