Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Beanthere, I'm so sorry... what a lot to cope with and all. :( I hope things ease up soon a bit.

beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Thanks everyone. So, something I didn't know before is that Tylenol 3 can cause constipation. All day thursday, I was feeling bloated until around 11pm
when my wife brought home the laxatives. 1 little pill, the size of a matchhead. 12 hours or so of quick painful visits to the can with almost no results at first but then...by Saturday I was making the trip 10, 12 15 trips a day through to Monday so far. On the plus side, I can get a few hours of sleep at a time now, and I
have figured out techniques for moving on and off the bed without shifting my rib cage too much. It was sad on Saturday, because my wife cooked this lovely chicken dinner, and I couldn't touch it. Just the smell was enough to make my stomach shake and I was doing everything I could not to throw up. Monday, and my appetite came back. I am competely off the meds as they caused more problems than they solved. I guess I have joined the fellowship of sufferers here..me and Blue and RW too. Side note. Someone else at work went to use the same ladder I fell off of and the same thing almost happened to him..only he was lucky.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Beanthere I think that ladder needs to go vanish into the compacter someplace.
Might be that it's got slick from use, or just cursed :woot: :teehe:
Well anyway I hope you do get better soon, and nobody bumps into you.

It's been years since I could take Tylenol, it made me get about the same way as you, Hydrocodone is making me sick now as well, has some of the same ingredient in it.
I get nauseous, and feel like throwing up with it, and that's with only half a pill. :think:
I went through my whole surgery thing, and getting where I am now without anything almost, the cures are worse than the illness as you found out.
Morphine didn't even work for me, did nothing for me, gotta wonder if it was the real stuff they gave me in the hospital
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:hhd:

Hi peoples, and Cryptos :teehe:
I hope life is good for you, been real rough here lately, but whats new right.
So, I got this new computer going, it's pretty slick, and not even working hard in game mode.
It's going at one percent on the average in a game like Skyrim loaded with mods so that's really impressive.

So, tell me if you wish, how is the weather where you are, it's been cold here, 30 f right now, and a little ice on the ground from yesterday.
I need some warm stuff, my body might work better.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 1st, 2023, 12:44 pm :hhd:

So, I got this new computer going, it's pretty slick, and not even working hard in game mode.
It's going at one percent on the average in a game like Skyrim loaded with mods so that's really impressive.

So, tell me if you wish, how is the weather where you are, it's been cold here, 30 f right now, and a little ice on the ground from yesterday.
We have had some weird weather lately. This past weekend it was mild, in the high 40s. Last few days we have been much colder. We had light snow off and on in the mornings. By Friday night it's supposed to be down to 7 degrees Fahrenheit. By Sunday back up close to 50.... :wacko:

Overall this winter has been pretty mild here in the Mid-Atlantic states. No major snow storms thus far BUT I probably shouldn't count my chickens as we usually get at least one major blast in February or March.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

We had zero weather in january... Its very odd since january is one of the coldest months.

By "zero" I mean the point where water starts to freeze or ice starts to melt.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: February 1st, 2023, 1:37 pm

We have had some weird weather lately. This past weekend it was mild, in the high 40s. Last few days we have been much colder. We had light snow off and on in the mornings. By Friday night it's supposed to be down to 7 degrees Fahrenheit. By Sunday back up close to 50.... :wacko:

Overall this winter has been pretty mild here in the Mid-Atlantic states. No major snow storms thus far BUT I probably shouldn't count my chickens as we usually get at least one major blast in February or March.
It was in the 50s here almost 60 a few weeks back, but now we are in the 20s, and 30s.
I'm hurting a lot now, and feel like my head is mush, Ill be glad for warmer weather.
I was getting out some when it was warm building myself back up, but this mess hit so I'm a mess.
Oh well, what can we do right.

Here it's may 5 when it's safe for planting stuff, and I look forward every year for that.
I'm not planting much anymore, i can't eat most of what I used to eat anymore.
I might start a very small herb garden, at least that's useful.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: February 1st, 2023, 11:02 pm We had zero weather in january... Its very odd since january is one of the coldest months.

Colder here, it was below freezing a lot the last week.
one day it didn't even get above freezing.
i would figure it would be a lot colder there than here.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 10:57 am

It was in the 50s here almost 60 a few weeks back, but now we are in the 20s, and 30s.
I'm hurting a lot now, and feel like my head is mush, Ill be glad for warmer weather.
I was getting out some when it was warm building myself back up, but this mess hit so I'm a mess.

Here it's may 5 when it's safe for planting stuff, and I look forward every year for that.
You can do one of those Aroegardens. I have one that I grow herbs in and I've grown cherry tomatoes in it as well. You do it indoors so it's real convenient and you can do it year round.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 10:59 am
Odinson wrote: February 1st, 2023, 11:02 pm We had zero weather in january... Its very odd since january is one of the coldest months.

Its -17 Celsius now.

Its 1,4 degrees Fahrenheit I think.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 2:09 pm
Blue Frost wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 10:57 am

You can do one of those Aroegardens. I have one that I grow herbs in and I've grown cherry tomatoes in it as well. You do it indoors so it's real convenient and you can do it year round.
I looked at those, and thought about it, but they take more space up than I would like, cost a lot also.
The pots i can move around more easily also.
I just want a couple little plants just for an occasional change from the dried stuff.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 3:20 pm

Its -17 Celsius now.

28 f here right now, got pretty cold last night, or I'm not feeling well.
I'm usually a hot sleeper, but thought about getting up, and turning the heat on.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 11:12 am

Its -17 Celsius now.

I'm usually a hot sleeper, but thought about getting up, and turning the heat on.
It's 19 degrees F here now. It's supposed to go down to 7 degrees tonight. The wind off the Atlantic Ocean right now is bitter. It goes right through you like a knife.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Finally hit 30 here :woot: suns out.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 11:12 am

Its -17 Celsius now.

How much is your indoor room temperature?

Its - 26 Celsius here now... Its -14 Fahrenheit.

Its cold but its not that cold.

- 30 C is pretty normal.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

my thermostat is on 62 f, whats that about 16c, but in my room it's 72f, or more, pretty comfy.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 4th, 2023, 8:53 pm my thermostat is on 62 f, whats that about 16c, but in my room it's 72f, or more, pretty comfy.
62F/16C is pretty cold.

My whole house is 75F/23C... It is comfy.

The thermostat is not actually that high but the place gets heated excessively because of the cold outside.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I turn the heat up if I know someone is coming over, or I'm feeling cold from being ill, or something.
I usually while inside am in my room in the basement where it's warmer, but still the chill isn't bad up there.
I wear good winter clothing so even if I go outside I'm good for a bit without a jacket.

I just wish it would stay 72f all year long, I can deal with that, and be happier :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well, how goes it peoples :)
Rough day here, but I'm doing.
Made 10 quarts of chili earlier, good for a lot of good meals later if I want some.
Not much more I did today the way I feel, but it's something right.

Damn rain here, but warmer, and wind coming in.
I was hoping I could go visit my friend who may be leaving me soon, he's bad off mentally, and physically.
I kind of know how he feels.

So, someone tell me something good going on, happy news please, I need some.
News about RF would be welcome, I worry about people like him a lot, they mean a lot to me.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy VD day peoples :) I hope it's a good one for you.
Here I'm getting a special call later from two of my favorite people, my niece, and great niece.
Both are great of course, not just one of them, my niece is like my own daughter.