Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Mel Gibson wrote: January 7th, 2022, 10:49 pm
Odinson wrote: January 7th, 2022, 6:58 pm Chains are forbidden in Finland.

You are required to have winter tires from 1st of November to 31st of March... IF the weather demands it.

I put mine on long before 1st of November.
Believe it or not, only Quebec requires true winter tires (three peak snowflake rated).

None of the other provinces require them, but here in BC the law does state you need to run at least an all-season tire on mountain passes, which most people would run on their cars anyhow...

Chains are permitted here, but usually only commercial trucks use them. Cars generally don't even have enough clearance for chains, and bad things would probably happen if you tried to run them!
Thats pretty odd considering Canada is kinda like Finland.

I can imagine the chain breaking and acting like a metal whip. :teehe:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have seen chains come off before, but they just thrash around in wheel whales, and fling into the road.
I would assume they could hurt someone if they where near the road, and it hit them.

I have Michelin All terrain on my Rav 4 all year long, not so good on ice though even when I'm in 4x4 mode.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hello peoples, I hope Saturday has been good for you.
I'm still waiting for it to be one here, feeling pretty rough, and tired.
My dinner was a bust, i don't like carbonized chicken, and crunchy black rolls. :blush:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 8th, 2022, 5:41 pm Hello peoples, I hope Saturday has been good for you.
My dinner was a bust, i don't like carbonized chicken, and crunchy black rolls. :blush:
So you burnt your buns, eh?

Gotta be careful... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: January 7th, 2022, 10:40 pm
Renee wrote: January 7th, 2022, 11:41 am Studded tires are only legal here in NJ from the middle of Nov. to the first of April... If you get caught with studs before or after the cutoff date you are subject to a fine. Not sure about the amount but knowing the money hungry liberal scum in Trenton, it's probably something ridiculously high.
Here you can run 'em from Oct. 1 to Apr. 30.

I believe it's a $121 fine if you run 'em outside that period, but to be honest it doesn't seem to be heavily enforced, as the odd person will run 'em year round. Most are smart enough not to run 'em outside of winter though, as to not wear 'em out...
I've only used them on rare occasions. They help in severe situations but I can't image anyone driving with them all year.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: January 8th, 2022, 6:34 pm
Renee wrote: January 7th, 2022, 11:41 am Studded tires are only legal here in NJ from the middle of Nov. to the first of April... If you get caught with studs before or after the cutoff date you are subject to a fine. Not sure about the amount but knowing the money hungry liberal scum in Trenton, it's probably something ridiculously high.

I believe it's a $121 fine if you run 'em outside that period, but to be honest it doesn't seem to be heavily enforced, as the odd person will run 'em year round. Most are smart enough not to run 'em outside of winter though, as to not wear 'em out...
I've only used them on rare occasions. They help in severe situations but I can't image anyone driving with them all year.
Hey Renee.

Would you eat this pizza?

Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: January 8th, 2022, 12:41 pm Thats pretty odd considering Canada is kinda like Finland.

I can imagine the chain breaking and acting like a metal whip. :teehe:
Canada is fairly relaxed when it comes to vehicle regulations. For instance, there's no inspection requirements or emissions testing for passenger vehicles here where I live. I'm sure low population numbers compared to land mass plays a part in that.

And yes! Chains breaking or improperly installed will destroy your wheel well!
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

The Armed Robbery case.

They got life without parole.

Media still calls him a "jogger". :wink:
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: January 9th, 2022, 12:14 am The Armed Robbery case.

Ya, life sentence with no parole is a bit harsh. That wouldn't happen here in this country. But you have to understand that Americans worship their Negroes.

And what the American media doesn't mention, is their beloved 'jogger' was a convicted felon. He was a thug and a thief.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: January 9th, 2022, 12:21 am
Odinson wrote: January 9th, 2022, 12:14 am The Armed Robbery case.

Ya, life sentence with no parole is a bit harsh. That wouldn't happen here in this country. But you have to understand that Americans worship their Negroes.

And what the American media doesn't mention, is their beloved 'jogger' was a convicted felon. He was a thug and a thief.
They do have a citizens arrest law in Georgia...

But you have to witness the perp commit a crime before you can legally "citizens arrest" him.
Mel Gibson

They shouldn't have went after him armed. It's one thing to defend your home from intruders with a firearm, but chasing someone down the road with firearm in hand is a recipe for trouble, as happened here.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

All time high for gas here at $1.76/litre. Cost $60 to fill a tiny Toyota Yaris.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: January 8th, 2022, 6:32 pm
Blue Frost wrote: January 8th, 2022, 5:41 pm Hello peoples, I hope Saturday has been good for you.
So you burnt your buns, eh?

Gotta be careful... :laugh:
Charcoal chicken, and rolls.
I buttered them up, and down they went.

I don't know where i was at, i was standing right there.
Maybe been up a bit long like now.
Maybe Ill burn something else up today. :woot:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: January 9th, 2022, 6:19 am All time high for gas here at $1.76/litre. Cost $60 to fill a tiny Toyota Yaris.
Thanks for the reminder I need gas, got appointments, and a few other things this week.
Everything is going up now, gas, food, and anything you need to live on, and it will get worse.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: January 9th, 2022, 6:43 am Thanks for the reminder I need gas, got appointments, and a few other things this week.
Everything is going up now, gas, food, and anything you need to live on, and it will get worse.
Yup. Everything up but the wages...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh my pay went up, but as always what I gained was took back for healthcare.
Every time we get a cost of living increase they just take it so it does us not a bit of good.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: January 8th, 2022, 9:37 pm
Renee wrote: January 8th, 2022, 6:34 pm

Hey Renee.

Would you eat this pizza?

No.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Funny shit..

Its -30 Celsius outside and my heating system broke down. :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: January 9th, 2022, 9:36 pm Funny shit..

You mean that fat girl got away, and it's cold now. :spit:
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: January 9th, 2022, 9:36 pm Funny shit..

Better hope your pipes don't freeze! Might want to turn off the water if you can. Don't you Finns have wood burning stoves as a backup?