Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Merry Christmas Berry, I really hope all is well, and good, and things are better.

I just had my nephew over, and they left after he got his goodies, time for some rest for me :) maybe Ill sleep a little better tonight knowing he is happy.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Merry belated Christmas to everyone. First time I've had the chance to post as things have been very hectic.

I hope everyone is well and I wish you all a Happy and better New Year.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Same back to you Renee :) I hope all is well, and winding down a bit so you can relax best you can. :)
Christmas is stressful, and messy, almost as bad as someone with glitter in your home. :panic:

Ban Glitter !
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: December 26th, 2022, 11:55 pm Merry belated Christmas to everyone. First time I've had the chance to post as things have been very hectic.

Merry Christmas.

Is the snowing and cold affecting the area you live in?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:

Hello peoples :) happy day I hope.
Gloomy here, but 54f, the snow is melted off, So I'm going to try to get the garage picked up some.
Christmas is a mess, and laying around needing put away in there, and really I don't care for Christmas.

Well New Years is next, anyone have plans ?
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: December 27th, 2022, 11:14 am
Renee wrote: December 26th, 2022, 11:55 pm Merry belated Christmas to everyone. First time I've had the chance to post as things have been very hectic.

Merry Christmas.

Not much snow but we had a lot of ice. It rained heavily just before the Temps dropped to 2 degrees Fahrenheit and everything froze. Christmas Eve was the coldest on record for the past 30 years. Christmas day it never got above 18 degrees. Today it's 52 here. Wild temperature swings which is not normal.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: December 30th, 2022, 2:15 pm

Merry Christmas.

Not much snow but we had a lot of ice. It rained heavily just before the Temps dropped to 2 degrees Fahrenheit and everything froze. Christmas Eve was the coldest on record for the past 30 years. Christmas day it never got above 18 degrees. Today it's 52 here. Wild temperature swings which is not normal.
I´m reading that 60 people are dead, many people have been stuck in their cars for days and many homes have indoor temperature below zero Aka below 32 degree Fahrenheit.

Blazor said that he needed some extra heaters to keep his home from freezing.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: December 30th, 2022, 3:58 pm

Merry Christmas.

I´m reading that 60 people are dead, many people have been stuck in their cars for days and many homes have indoor temperature below zero Aka below 32 degree Fahrenheit.

Yeah we had an arctic blast. Even parts of Florida saw temps of around freezing. You have to remember that people living south of Virgina are not prepared for that kind of weather. So they die in the cold and they have no way of heating their homes if the power goes out and they don't know how to go about keeping warm or protecting their homes from freeze up ... Poor widdle fragile things that they are... :laugh:

Here in the northeast we are used to a good cold snap in the winter. This last one might have been somewhat severe but it probably won't be the last this winter.... We're usually in for a good one in late January, early February. I have 2 wood stoves in this house so I don't worry too much about the cold.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: December 31st, 2022, 11:58 am

Merry Christmas.

Yeah we had an arctic blast. Even parts of Florida saw temps of around freezing. You have to remember that people living south of Virgina are not prepared for that kind of weather. So they die in the cold and they have no way of heating their homes if the power goes out and they don't know how to go about keeping warm or protecting their homes from freeze up ... Poor widdle fragile things that they are... :laugh:

Here in the northeast we are used to a good cold snap in the winter. This last one might have been somewhat severe but it probably won't be the last this winter.... We're usually in for a good one in late January, early February. I have 2 wood stoves in this house so I don't worry too much about the cold.
Virginia might not be that cold but it is cold enough to have those homes properly insulated.

I´m surprised that the people in Buffalo are dying of the cold even though they live next door to Canada... I´m thinking this weather is more regular in there.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: December 31st, 2022, 6:31 pm

Merry Christmas.

Virginia might not be that cold but it is cold enough to have those homes properly insulated.

I´m surprised that the people in Buffalo are dying of the cold even though they live next door to Canada... I´m thinking this weather is more regular in there.
With this pos Biden administration in DC, the cost of fuel for home heating has more than doubled. There are lots of people like the elderly on fixed incomes who cannot afford to heat thier homes. So they end up as casualties when the weather turns bitter cold. Liberal scum strikes again. They ALL deserve a bullet.

This extreme weather came on very sudden like and many were not prepared.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: December 31st, 2022, 6:42 pm

Merry Christmas.

With this pos Biden administration in DC, the cost of fuel for home heating has more than doubled. There are lots of people like the elderly on fixed incomes who cannot afford to heat thier homes. So they end up as casualties when the weather turns bitter cold. Liberal scum strikes again. They ALL deserve a bullet.

Thats fucked up... Freezing to death.

You should snow your house even if you are set otherwise... It always helps with keeping the costs lower and your house warmer.
I do it even though my house can even handle -70 Celsius if it gets that cold.

Just a couple of feet of snow against the wall of your house.

If there is nothing else, buy a good sleeping bag and blankets... Sleeping bags can handle -30 Celsius outside.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Happy new year every1. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

WELL HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLES !
Feel like the same old year to me, but that's just me maybe :facepalm:
Woke with a bad spasm in my chest, and leg, much like last years mess of a body. :laugh: head hurts now.
I'm not sure what I can do today, maybe just lay down, and forget it. :laugh:

So, anyone have any fun last evening ? Party, fireworks, big bottle of hooch.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Merry Christmas.

One of the victims posted videos from her stuck car.

There seems to be only about 8 inches of snow on the road... Which is enough for your domestic car to get stuck especially without winter tires.
It seems to be windy but not tornado windy.

There is a "whiteout" but you can still see that she is stuck in a building area... Possibly a town street.

And yet she chose to freeze to death in her car rather than walking home or seeking shelter in the nearby buildings.

Is it possible that she wasnt dressed for the weather or something like that?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

8 inches is pretty sad to have traffic stuck, but there is always a few idiots, or more in front of the others.
More sad people just don't get out, and help each other.
I would be getting more people to come to my car, or ask to join them, preferably some pretty ones. :teehe:
Odi would be alright, all the fatties would jump in his van, and be warmed up in his cook pot. :spit:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 1st, 2023, 11:54 pm 8 inches is pretty sad to have traffic stuck, but there is always a few idiots, or more in front of the others.
I would be getting more people to come to my car, or ask to join them, preferably some pretty ones. :teehe:
Odi would be alright, all the fatties would jump in his van, and be warmed up in his cook pot. :spit:
She opens the car door and it doesnt even touch the snow but it was enough to get the cars stuck.

You dont have a whole lot of grip with summer tires on ice and snow unless you are driving a semi-truck.

I sure as hell wont be waiting to get frozen to death in my car.

I'll walk home... Get my other car to yank the car out of the snow.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 12:26 am
Blue Frost wrote: January 1st, 2023, 11:54 pm 8 inches is pretty sad to have traffic stuck, but there is always a few idiots, or more in front of the others.
She opens the car door and it doesnt even touch the snow but it was enough to get the cars stuck.

You dont have a whole lot of grip with summer tires on ice and snow unless you are driving a semi-truck.

I sure as hell wont be waiting to get frozen to death in my car.

I'll walk home... Get my other car to yank the car out of the snow.
I have drove in worse, and have ran off the road a few times, but never stayed in the car.
If you are stuck dig yourself out, if you are bottomed out get a tow truck, or leave it.
If like in some places people are backed up for miles they should get out, and help each other, or walk someplace if they can.
Hell I would burn a few cars if needed, so what you live right.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: January 1st, 2023, 7:55 pm

Merry Christmas.

One of the victims posted videos from her stuck car.

There seems to be only about 8 inches of snow on the road... Which is enough for your domestic car to get stuck especially without winter tires.
It seems to be windy but not tornado windy.

There is a "whiteout" but you can still see that she is stuck in a building area... Possibly a town street.

And yet she chose to freeze to death in her car rather than walking home or seeking shelter in the nearby buildings.

Is it possible that she wasnt dressed for the weather or something like that?
Many people don't know how to drive in the snow. They either go too slow or they drive too fast. Also around 8 inches of unplowed snow is the level where the average passenger car starts to struggle if it isn't driven by a competent driver.

Also if you are prepared, there is no need to leave your vehicle. Everyone living in far Northern climes should have blankets, gloves, a hat and warm weather gear and a shovel as part of their emergency roadside kit. With warm clothing and a good blanket you can survive just about any cold situation.

I learned a long time ago that 4WD or AWD is basically a must here in the Northeast. You may not need it most times of the year but for that time when you do, it can be a life saver. It also gives you peace of mind and a margin of capability that you wouldn't normally have. Now I know there are plenty of duds out there that shouldn't be behind the wheel of even a tricycle on the best of days but that's not a fault of the vehicle. It's a function of the sad fact that far too many people are just fucking hopeless.

Not to sound callous or anything BUT if some retards froze to death in their vehicles,... Oh well :kez:..It's call "natural selection". A few less morons on this globe ain't going to hurt anything.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I drove in some bad stuff this morning, all water though, and I have to say the new cars isn't made as good as the older ones for it.
I hit almost two foot of water, and the car bogged down so much I thought it was going to die on me, and to beat all the lane change warning came on, and started pushing me back where I didn't want to be. :facepalm:
The lights on the car was not good either, I hardly saw the water as in my Rav 4 it would have been seen, and not an issue at all.
Hell took my old Buick through deeper, and for about two miles in it without issue way back when, just keep the foot on the gas.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 12:25 pm I drove in some bad stuff this morning, all water though, and I have to say the new cars isn't made as good as the older ones for it.
I hit almost two foot of water, and the car bogged down so much I thought it was going to die on me, and to beat all the lane change warning came on, and started pushing me back where I didn't want to be. :facepalm:
The lights on the car was not good either, I hardly saw the water as in my Rav 4 it would have been seen, and not an issue at all.
Hell took my old Buick through deeper, and for about two miles in it without issue way back when, just keep the foot on the gas.
Is there a way to turn that lane change safety shit off? My GMC has some of that stuff, cross traffic warning, auto breaking, etc and you can go into the menu and turn it "off".

Since the idiotic and frankly pointless craze toward electric cars has started the car manufacturers have been putting smaller and smaller gas engines in vehicles where they do not belong. Consequently the capability and performance of vehicles like SUVs have dropped off and many of them are now just gadget packed, overpriced, dogs. It's all an underhanded marketing ploy to push you toward a useless electric vehicle. The government and the auto manufacturers are incrementally forcing you into vehicles that you really do not want while charging you more and more on the sticker price. It's literally just on more step toward evil one world government control.