Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Renee wrote: January 4th, 2023, 8:32 am
Blue Frost wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 12:25 pm I drove in some bad stuff this morning, all water though, and I have to say the new cars isn't made as good as the older ones for it.
I hit almost two foot of water, and the car bogged down so much I thought it was going to die on me, and to beat all the lane change warning came on, and started pushing me back where I didn't want to be. :facepalm:
The lights on the car was not good either, I hardly saw the water as in my Rav 4 it would have been seen, and not an issue at all.
Hell took my old Buick through deeper, and for about two miles in it without issue way back when, just keep the foot on the gas.
Is there a way to turn that lane change safety shit off? My GMC has some of that stuff, cross traffic warning, auto breaking, etc and you can go into the menu and turn it "off".

Since the idiotic and frankly pointless craze toward electric cars has started the car manufacturers have been putting smaller and smaller gas engines in vehicles where they do not belong. Consequently the capability and performance of vehicles like SUVs have dropped off and many of them are now just gadget packed, overpriced, dogs. It's all an underhanded marketing ploy to push you toward a useless electric vehicle. The government and the auto manufacturers are incrementally forcing you into vehicles that you really do not want while charging you more and more on the sticker price. It's literally just on more step toward evil one world government control.
I'm sure it does have something, but I don't know where yet, I'm still trying to program my garage door opener on it.
I told the salesman I can do without all the gizmos, but they come on it so I got it.
The under powered is kind of a double thing on cars, you have speed, and torque, mine has little torque.
Torque is something that's been going away since the gas shortage of the 70s, torque is what slams your car down in the rear, and you back in the seat, also what plows you through the water. :facepalm:

I have a setting which lets the car drive itself, my chiropractor showed me that last week on it.
Ill never trust that, or use it.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 9:46 am
Odinson wrote: January 1st, 2023, 7:55 pm
Renee wrote: December 31st, 2022, 6:42 pm
Odinson wrote: December 31st, 2022, 6:31 pm
Renee wrote: December 31st, 2022, 11:58 am
Odinson wrote: December 30th, 2022, 3:58 pm
Renee wrote: December 30th, 2022, 2:15 pm
Odinson wrote: December 27th, 2022, 11:14 am
Renee wrote: December 26th, 2022, 11:55 pm Merry belated Christmas to everyone. First time I've had the chance to post as things have been very hectic.

I hope everyone is well and I wish you all a Happy and better New Year.
Merry Christmas.

Is the snowing and cold affecting the area you live in?
Not much snow but we had a lot of ice. It rained heavily just before the Temps dropped to 2 degrees Fahrenheit and everything froze. Christmas Eve was the coldest on record for the past 30 years. Christmas day it never got above 18 degrees. Today it's 52 here. Wild temperature swings which is not normal.
I´m reading that 60 people are dead, many people have been stuck in their cars for days and many homes have indoor temperature below zero Aka below 32 degree Fahrenheit.

Blazor said that he needed some extra heaters to keep his home from freezing.
Yeah we had an arctic blast. Even parts of Florida saw temps of around freezing. You have to remember that people living south of Virgina are not prepared for that kind of weather. So they die in the cold and they have no way of heating their homes if the power goes out and they don't know how to go about keeping warm or protecting their homes from freeze up ... Poor widdle fragile things that they are... :laugh:

Here in the northeast we are used to a good cold snap in the winter. This last one might have been somewhat severe but it probably won't be the last this winter.... We're usually in for a good one in late January, early February. I have 2 wood stoves in this house so I don't worry too much about the cold.
Virginia might not be that cold but it is cold enough to have those homes properly insulated.

I´m surprised that the people in Buffalo are dying of the cold even though they live next door to Canada... I´m thinking this weather is more regular in there.
With this pos Biden administration in DC, the cost of fuel for home heating has more than doubled. There are lots of people like the elderly on fixed incomes who cannot afford to heat thier homes. So they end up as casualties when the weather turns bitter cold. Liberal scum strikes again. They ALL deserve a bullet.

This extreme weather came on very sudden like and many were not prepared.
One of the victims posted videos from her stuck car.

There seems to be only about 8 inches of snow on the road... Which is enough for your domestic car to get stuck especially without winter tires.
It seems to be windy but not tornado windy.

There is a "whiteout" but you can still see that she is stuck in a building area... Possibly a town street.

And yet she chose to freeze to death in her car rather than walking home or seeking shelter in the nearby buildings.

Is it possible that she wasnt dressed for the weather or something like that?
Many people don't know how to drive in the snow. They either go too slow or they drive too fast. Also around 8 inches of unplowed snow is the level where the average passenger car starts to struggle if it isn't driven by a competent driver.

Also if you are prepared, there is no need to leave your vehicle. Everyone living in far Northern climes should have blankets, gloves, a hat and warm weather gear and a shovel as part of their emergency roadside kit. With warm clothing and a good blanket you can survive just about any cold situation.

I learned a long time ago that 4WD or AWD is basically a must here in the Northeast. You may not need it most times of the year but for that time when you do, it can be a life saver. It also gives you peace of mind and a margin of capability that you wouldn't normally have. Now I know there are plenty of duds out there that shouldn't be behind the wheel of even a tricycle on the best of days but that's not a fault of the vehicle. It's a function of the sad fact that far too many people are just fucking hopeless.

Not to sound callous or anything BUT if some retards froze to death in their vehicles,... Oh well :kez:..It's call "natural selection". A few less morons on this globe ain't going to hurt anything.
2nd or 3rd gear on, engine on idle or with a light gas... Slipping is the enemy and you should prevent it by not applying too many RPMs.

These people werent wearing enough clothing even though the weather was cold and bad before they left for work.
I always have my winter coat, hat and gloves with me in the car.

4WD is always better even without the heavy snowfall... They have more traction on the road and you can drive considerably faster on icy roads... They handle curves like they are on rails. :teehe:

These completely senseless/needless deaths just baffle me... You can fucking walk into the convenient store to get warm.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

"These people werent wearing enough clothing even though the weather was cold and bad before they left for work.
I always have my winter coat, hat and gloves with me in the car."

You know Odi, I tell people all the time Fashion is out the door when freezing out, layer up, and be warm.
I would bet those who froze had to be yuppies, and fashion want to be models.

I feel bad for their families, but they should have been prepared when they knew it was nasty out.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: January 4th, 2023, 4:31 pm
Renee wrote: December 26th, 2022, 11:55 pm Merry belated Christmas to everyone. First time I've had the chance to post as things have been very hectic.

I hope everyone is well and I wish you all a Happy and better New Year.
Merry Christmas.

Not much snow but we had a lot of ice. It rained heavily just before the Temps dropped to 2 degrees Fahrenheit and everything froze. Christmas Eve was the coldest on record for the past 30 years. Christmas day it never got above 18 degrees. Today it's 52 here. Wild temperature swings which is not normal.
I´m reading that 60 people are dead, many people have been stuck in their cars for days and many homes have indoor temperature below zero Aka below 32 degree Fahrenheit.

Yeah we had an arctic blast. Even parts of Florida saw temps of around freezing. You have to remember that people living south of Virgina are not prepared for that kind of weather. So they die in the cold and they have no way of heating their homes if the power goes out and they don't know how to go about keeping warm or protecting their homes from freeze up ... Poor widdle fragile things that they are... :laugh:

Here in the northeast we are used to a good cold snap in the winter. This last one might have been somewhat severe but it probably won't be the last this winter.... We're usually in for a good one in late January, early February. I have 2 wood stoves in this house so I don't worry too much about the cold.
Virginia might not be that cold but it is cold enough to have those homes properly insulated.

I´m surprised that the people in Buffalo are dying of the cold even though they live next door to Canada... I´m thinking this weather is more regular in there.
With this pos Biden administration in DC, the cost of fuel for home heating has more than doubled. There are lots of people like the elderly on fixed incomes who cannot afford to heat thier homes. So they end up as casualties when the weather turns bitter cold. Liberal scum strikes again. They ALL deserve a bullet.

There seems to be only about 8 inches of snow on the road... Which is enough for your domestic car to get stuck especially without winter tires.

There is a "whiteout" but you can still see that she is stuck in a building area... Possibly a town street.

And yet she chose to freeze to death in her car rather than walking home or seeking shelter in the nearby buildings.

Many people don't know how to drive in the snow. They either go too slow or they drive too fast. Also around 8 inches of unplowed snow is the level where the average passenger car starts to struggle if it isn't driven by a competent driver.

Also if you are prepared, there is no need to leave your vehicle. Everyone living in far Northern climes should have blankets, gloves, a hat and warm weather gear and a shovel as part of their emergency roadside kit. With warm clothing and a good blanket you can survive just about any cold situation.

I learned a long time ago that 4WD or AWD is basically a must here in the Northeast. You may not need it most times of the year but for that time when you do, it can be a life saver. It also gives you peace of mind and a margin of capability that you wouldn't normally have. Now I know there are plenty of duds out there that shouldn't be behind the wheel of even a tricycle on the best of days but that's not a fault of the vehicle. It's a function of the sad fact that far too many people are just fucking hopeless.

Not to sound callous or anything BUT if some retards froze to death in their vehicles,... Oh well :kez:..It's call "natural selection". A few less morons on this globe ain't going to hurt anything.
2nd or 3rd gear on, engine on idle or with a light gas... Slipping is the enemy and you should prevent it by not applying too many RPMs.

These people werent wearing enough clothing even though the weather was cold and bad before they left for work.

4WD is always better even without the heavy snowfall... They have more traction on the road and you can drive considerably faster on icy roads... They handle curves like they are on rails. :teehe:

These completely senseless/needless deaths just baffle me... You can fucking walk into the convenient store to get warm.
I would NOT go so far as to say these deaths were "needless" As I stated above, many times it's a case of natural selection. There is a reason most of these people died and it's been adequately covered here. They were unprepared and oblivious to the possible and very real danger they were putting themselves into.

Think about it; what happens to any animal in the natural world in a potentially dangerous situation when they let their guard slip or become complacent... They get killed. One way or another it usually ends badly for them. Most of these people died of their own stupidity caused by living to softly. They become complacent and preoccupied with the inconsequential shit in their lives and in this case they paid the ultimate price... I for one will not weep or for these vapid creatures or give a second thought as to there demise.

Sorry to sound completely heartless but I have had enough of my fellow man's ignorance and foolishness. When you live in a nation this large and with so many people crowed in around you, the level of fools and idiots in the gene pool becomes unbearable at times and I have reached my limit. If you think I was a harsh bitch before, you ain't seen nothing yet.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 4th, 2023, 7:49 pm "These people werent wearing enough clothing even though the weather was cold and bad before they left for work.
I always have my winter coat, hat and gloves with me in the car."

You know Odi, I tell people all the time Fashion is out the door when freezing out, layer up, and be warm.
I would bet those who froze had to be yuppies, and fashion want to be models.

I feel bad for their families, but they should have been prepared when they knew it was nasty out.
Fashion out the door??

You do know that Ralph Lauren has a winter clothing line. :laugh:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Just saying put on what you can, and what works, the cute little blazer isn't warm.
I have some nice winter stuff made for arctic weather, but it's hard finding it unless online, Walmart doesn't carry it. :teehe:

I worked in -40 weather here, and a 12 hour shift, everyone was inside freezing, I was unzipping my coveralls from being hot.
You know like you wearing that fat woman before cooking her. :spit:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 5th, 2023, 6:01 pm Just saying put on what you can, and what works, the cute little blazer isn't warm.
I have some nice winter stuff made for arctic weather, but it's hard finding it unless online, Walmart doesn't carry it. :teehe:

I worked in -40 weather here, and a 12 hour shift, everyone was inside freezing, I was unzipping my coveralls from being hot.
I think he just wears their skin so unless they were really hairy bitches, I don't think they provide much warmth.

It's probably more of a Skunk Ape fashion statement... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: January 5th, 2023, 10:06 am
Odinson wrote: January 4th, 2023, 4:31 pm

Merry Christmas.

I would NOT go so far as to say these deaths were "needless" As I stated above, many times it's a case of natural selection. There is a reason most of these people died and it's been adequately covered here. They were unprepared and oblivious to the possible and very real danger they were putting themselves into.

Think about it; what happens to any animal in the natural world in a potentially dangerous situation when they let their guard slip or become complacent... They get killed. One way or another it usually ends badly for them. Most of these people died of their own stupidity caused by living to softly. They become complacent and preoccupied with the inconsequential shit in their lives and in this case they paid the ultimate price... I for one will not weep or for these vapid creatures or give a second thought as to there demise.

Sorry to sound completely heartless but I have had enough of my fellow man's ignorance and foolishness. When you live in a nation this large and with so many people crowed in around you, the level of fools and idiots in the gene pool becomes unbearable at times and I have reached my limit. If you think I was a harsh bitch before, you ain't seen nothing yet.
I´m thinking she might have died of carbon monoxide poisoning... The exhaust fumes dont escape the cars tailpipe efficiently due to the snow... The cabin gets flooded with the gas.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: January 6th, 2023, 1:19 pm
Blue Frost wrote: January 5th, 2023, 6:01 pm Just saying put on what you can, and what works, the cute little blazer isn't warm.

I think he just wears their skin so unless they were really hairy bitches, I don't think they provide much warmth.

It's probably more of a Skunk Ape fashion statement... :laugh:
That could be a lot of skin, maybe he makes tents, and TPs out of them. Or just some TP :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: January 6th, 2023, 4:02 pm

I´m thinking she might have died of carbon monoxide poisoning... The exhaust fumes dont escape the cars tailpipe efficiently due to the snow... The cabin gets flooded with the gas.
That has happened a lot of times, especially on older cars.

Another thing comes to mind is cars sitting grass on fire from the hot exhaust pipes.
I saw that happen once on the side of an air field :teehe: the idiot almost lost his car.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy almost Sunday peoples :)

Well crappy few days here, but it isn't getting better.
i just spent an hour on the phone with someone in India trying to get my Kroger card linked to my account :facepalm:
How hard should it be right, well after an hour, and a list of dead people linked to my number i got it done.
I have only lived here almost 57 years, my old Kroger card is an antiquity now, and obsolete, they said I have a new number I never got.
They wouldn't let me link my phone number because a dead guy used it once maybe 20 years ago.
Finally I got my number, they wanted me just to take another number ,but it's my number so why a new one. :facepalm:

Well besides all that, been a blah day here, felt bad, and tired, someone tell me they had a good day please !
Maybe tomorrow will be better right, still a pretty new year.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:monday:
Hi peoples :)
I hope the weekend was good for you, hard one for me, but better today so far.
At least it's sunny out, I hope you are getting some also.

So anything good happening ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:

Hey peoples how goes it ?
I'm doing a little better right now, last night was a hard one though.

Something Renee might like, I just made spaghetti, and put some crushed pineapple in it :yum2: :rofl:
It actually isn't that bad, and the extra chopped sweet onions are a nice touch also.
Plenty of Oregano, and smoked garlic I put in the mix also. :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

:yuk: I just threw up in my mouth.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

To each his own I guess, if you like throwing up in your spaghetti that's alright, I'm not judging :spit:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Pineapple... Pretty weird on spaghetti.

Oregano... Never tried it on Spaghetti... Might be good.

Everything else in that list is good.

I've been eating green pasta lately... The texture is better but it aint any healthier.

It only looks healthy. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: January 15th, 2023, 10:47 pm Pineapple... Pretty weird on spaghetti.

I've been eating green pasta lately... The texture is better but it aint any healthier.

The oregano, onion and garlic are all normal for sauce. You can add it to spaghetti afterward also if you like... It's the pineapple that kills it... Just weird and unappetizing.... :yuk: But hey, some people eat Spaghetti Os right out of a can :kez:

Actually green pasta or spinach pasta is better for you than semolina pasta. It's high in vitamin A which is good for eye health. It also has higher amounts of vitamin B6 and has a lot less carbs than egg noodles. Whole grain pasta is probably the best for you as it has the most nutrients but the texture can be kind of gritty...Also there is chick pea pasta which is make of chick pea flour. That is somewhat lower in carbs compared to traditional semolina based pasta.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: January 15th, 2023, 10:47 pm Pineapple... Pretty weird on spaghetti.

A lot of store bought sauces already have most that stuff in it, Oregano is pretty much an Italian food thing.
Onions, Peppers, tomato also, but that can be said for a lot of places.

I guarantee some Italian out there is using fish sauce on their pizza :laugh:
The freaks have loved that stuff since the beginning.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hey peoples, I hope you are well, and happy. :)
Not so unhappy here today, but not feeling that great, been having a lot of spasms from nerves going nuts on me.
The last two mornings I got woke up with them ripping through me.
Does anyone have those also, they sure do hurt a lot, and very rude :teehe:
Strange since my surgeries they feel a lot more like hot knives slicing through me than the usual knotted up ones ripping things apart.
My blood test look good they said, and I drink plenty of water :think:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 16th, 2023, 11:57 am

A lot of store bought sauces already have most that stuff in it, Oregano is pretty much an Italian food thing.
Onions, Peppers, tomato also, but that can be said for a lot of places.

I guarantee some Italian out there is using fish sauce on their pizza :laugh:
The freaks have loved that stuff since the beginning.
Fish sauce is an Asian thing. Never saw an Italian put it on pizza. Now anchovies is another story. Back when I ate pizza regularly, every so often I would crave that salty fishy taste that you can only get from a good greasy slice with anchovies.