Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Mel Gibson

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Send some more ammo up here! The last time I went to Canadian Tire, .222 Remington was one of the only rifle calibers they had in stock!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I was told 10mm isn't in short supply here, but I don't know.
I have .22, .223, 9mm, and AK ammo in bulk, I wish I had 38 super, and 357 ammo.
The ammo I would part with is the AK ammo, lol, and the AK, three ammo cans of Ak ammo, and mags, and a drum also.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well is it Saturday, or Satallday, the way I'm feeling I think it's the latter.
So the weekend, hows it going peoples :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: June 26th, 2021, 11:25 am Well is it Saturday, or Satallday, the way I'm feeling I think it's the latter.
Major heatwave here. Gonna be 38c tomorrow and 40c Monday. Always waiting for my fav season of the Fall. Anyways, hope things are good in Kentucky.
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: June 27th, 2021, 2:03 am Major heatwave here. Gonna be 38c tomorrow and 40c Monday. Always waiting for my fav season of the Fall. Anyways, hope things are good in Kentucky.
You're Asian, so you should have no problem affording a proper A/C system? What's up?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: June 27th, 2021, 2:03 am
Blue Frost wrote: June 26th, 2021, 11:25 am Well is it Saturday, or Satallday, the way I'm feeling I think it's the latter.
Major heatwave here. Gonna be 38c tomorrow and 40c Monday. Always waiting for my fav season of the Fall. Anyways, hope things are good in Kentucky.
It's stuffy hot here, and really bad with the pollution in my area, I can't get out in it much.
I really feel for you all there, being in that heat all day, and worse the night drags you down

Hey, have you looked on Amazon for an ac unit, they have them I think.
I looked at them last year, I thought about getting a unit just for backup just in case our Central air went out.
Just having one cool room in the house even is relief.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

34c here right now, but seems much worse thanks to our local humidity, and filth in the air.
I can deal with heat, but it's just nasty here, hard to breath in it.
I'm glad we have AC, I sure wish the rest of you had some.
Hey RF, come visit, we got extra rooms :) Ill take you out to the gun range one evening.
Bring a couple pretty Vancouver girls with you.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: June 27th, 2021, 3:57 pm 34c here right now, but seems much worse thanks to our local humidity, and filth in the air.
I can deal with heat, but it's just nasty here, hard to breath in it.
I'm glad we have AC, I sure wish the rest of you had some.
Hey RF, come visit, we got extra rooms :) Ill take you out to the gun range one evening.
Bring a couple pretty Vancouver girls with you.
I would love to visit Kentucky some day. I'm melting in my room. 38c now. Tomorrow will hotter. Nothing I can do for my dog. All ac units sold out. Was at Walmart. Popsicles all gone. People are panic buying this stuff. It is state of emergency.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sorry RF, truly I am, and I feel so sorry for the animals as well, they have it really hard with the heat.
I remember as a kid we didn't notice it that much, but after getting AC, and older I really don't know how we did without it.
I can't sleep in the heat at all, and last time ours went out I almost died.
Really I need a backup unit, and I know you need one for at least the dog, and family.
Mel Gibson

If anyone is looking for one of the best portable A/C's on the market (in my opinion), I would suggest the Whynter ARC-14S. It's what I have, and surprisingly it's keeping my house tolerable even though it's not rated for this much square footage (originally bought it to cool my small condo). These aren't easily available in Canada, so I just drove down to the Bellingham Home Depot and picked one up, even getting a deal because they were on sale at the time. Mine is seven years old now and still going strong!

https://www.whynter.com/product/whynter ... nditioner/
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

B.C. heat wave shatters Canadian record for highest temperature ever recorded

A B.C. heat wave is shattering temperature records and meteorologists expect the weather to get even hotter over the next couple of days.

Lytton, B.C., broke the record Sunday afternoon for the hottest temperature ever recorded in Canada with a measurement of 46.6 C, according to Environment Canada.
The previous record high temperature for the country was 45 C, set in Saskatchewan in July 1937.

Environment Canada first said the new record in Lytton on Sunday was 46.1 C, but later revised that to 46.6 C.

Lytton is usually the frontrunner of being the hottest place in Canada on a typical summer day.

Heat peak on Monday
CBC meteorologist Johanna Wagstaffe says the worst is yet to come. Forecasters expect the Lower Mainland to reach temperatures as high as 45 C on Monday, when the heat wave is expected to peak.
Mel Gibson

Why do Chinese people do nothing but copy & paste?
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

I don't know Mel, maybe I'll go find one and ask him. Why do hillbillies spend all their time drinking hootch?
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: June 28th, 2021, 6:09 am Why do Chinese people do nothing but copy & paste?
What's wrong Mel? You seem triggered these past few days.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:fiddle: Someone mention Hooch ! :laugh:
Don't drink that stuff, it will make you go blind.

Cut, and paste, I think we all do that on here, me especially so maybe me Chinese :woot:
Not that it matters at all, I'm a Native American Indian Viking Frog with a pinch of everything else, and I like throwing axes for some reason at people I don't like. :evil:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: June 28th, 2021, 12:53 pm :fiddle: Someone mention Hooch ! :laugh:
Don't drink that stuff, it will make you go blind.

Cut, and paste, I think we all do that on here, me especially so maybe me Chinese :woot:
Not that it matters at all, I'm a Native American Indian Viking Frog with a pinch of everything else, and I like throwing axes for some reason at people I don't like. :evil:
A "viking frog"??? :think:

a70fad443df52fb4bfb56d154bd03c1f.jpg
a70fad443df52fb4bfb56d154bd03c1f.jpg (37.92 KiB) Viewed 439 times
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That be me, one of the Vikings that took over part of France, and then ran out by Catholics later on.
I need reparations for the Island they took back. :spit:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Anyhow, getting back to the heat, all the hotels are full right now because they have air conditioning, but for those who are a bit handy, there may be a solution.

I should try to build one of these for my son's room. :thumbsup:
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

"Vancouver is currently hotter than sunny Miami, Florida, which is actually currently facing a flash flood warning. With the humidex, temperatures will range between 28°C to 31°C in Miami, and Vancouver will see temperatures range between 37°C and 46°C, according to The Weather Network.

In fact, Vancouver will be hotter today than most places in the USA that are known for their extreme heat. Even Phoenix, Arizona!

While the standard temperatures in Phoenix are higher than in Vancouver, with the humidex, Vancouver will actually feel a few degrees hotter!

Vancouver is even going to feel hotter than Las Vegas at certain points of the day."
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

beanthere wrote: June 28th, 2021, 11:25 pm Anyhow, getting back to the heat, all the hotels are full right now because they have air conditioning, but for those who are a bit handy, there may be a solution.

I should try to build one of these for my son's room. :thumbsup:
If your son likes cold wet air that should be great... :laugh:

You need some kind of moisture eliminator on the discharge end of that contraption or you will create a wet room and grow mold on surfaces.

That concept is nothing new. In 1881 while President Garfield was in bed dying from a bullet wound, engineers devised a machine that used a fan and ice to give him some relief from the oppressive July heat in DC. They also used sheets of material on the outlet end to absorb the moisture carry over. Unfortunately that little in-line fan used on that Rube Goldberg thing is probably not going to have enough static pressure to push air through an effective moisture elimination media...I'm seeing lots of these home made AC units and none of them address the issue of moisture carry over.