Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
User avatar
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 6343
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 10:05 am

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200101Unread post Renee »

Blue Frost wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:36 pm Hi peoples :)
I hope all of you are well, and warm.
The cold has got to me a bit, and heart issues.
We had our thanksgiving today, they liked the ham a lot, and the deviled eggs I messed up with a bit much mustard :teehe:
The Key Lime pie went well also, thought I would have more left for me.
I really wish I could have done more for them.

Well still stranded here, car starts, but how can I trust it, and I really don't want to break down in freezing weather.
I guess it's alright though, not going anyplace anyhow.
Take the car to a Toyota dealer. If it is something in the body control module they should be able to diagnose it. I had a similar problem with a GMC Envoy. It was a fault in the security system and it would drain the battery overnight. They had to replace a couple sensors and reprogram the computer.


“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
User avatar
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 96445
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200102Unread post Blue Frost »

Hi Renee
I was going to take it today, my brother was going to follow me, but I can't hardly do anything right now.
My pain is so bad I'm shaking like a cold person.
I'm afraid one of the car sensors might be messed up, but still want to see if it's the alternator first.
The way my health is right now Ill likely just take it to a mechanic when I can, I can't be bothered with it much the way I am.

I don't get any breaks anymore it seems, start getting better, and then kicked right back down.
I feel worse than when I came home from surgery.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
User avatar
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 6343
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 10:05 am

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200104Unread post Renee »

Blue Frost wrote: November 21st, 2022, 6:28 pm Hi Renee
I was going to take it today, my brother was going to follow me, but I can't hardly do anything right now.
My pain is so bad I'm shaking like a cold person.
I'm afraid one of the car sensors might be messed up, but still want to see if it's the alternator first.
The way my health is right now Ill likely just take it to a mechanic when I can, I can't be bothered with it much the way I am.

I don't get any breaks anymore it seems, start getting better, and then kicked right back down.
I feel worse than when I came home from surgery.
I'm sorry to hear that you feel like shit.

I'm hoping you contacted your doctor and thoroughly explained how you feel. Don't take dismissive bullshit for an answer. You have to be your own health advocate because no one will do it for you, not even the medical professionals who are supposed to be looking out for you.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
User avatar
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 5961
Joined: April 3rd, 2013, 1:50 pm

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200106Unread post Odinson »

Renee wrote: November 21st, 2022, 9:28 am
Blue Frost wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:36 pm Hi peoples :)
I hope all of you are well, and warm.
The cold has got to me a bit, and heart issues.
We had our thanksgiving today, they liked the ham a lot, and the deviled eggs I messed up with a bit much mustard :teehe:
The Key Lime pie went well also, thought I would have more left for me.
I really wish I could have done more for them.

Well still stranded here, car starts, but how can I trust it, and I really don't want to break down in freezing weather.
I guess it's alright though, not going anyplace anyhow.
Take the car to a Toyota dealer. If it is something in the body control module they should be able to diagnose it. I had a similar problem with a GMC Envoy. It was a fault in the security system and it would drain the battery overnight. They had to replace a couple sensors and reprogram the computer.
OBD errorcodes.

They tell you whats wrong with the car... If you are lucky. :teehe:
User avatar
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 96445
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200109Unread post Blue Frost »

I have a code reader, but it's never been of any use to me.
It was an expensive one also, not junk, but the most use it was was clearing codes.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
User avatar
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 96445
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200110Unread post Blue Frost »

Renee wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 12:51 pm
Blue Frost wrote: November 21st, 2022, 6:28 pm Hi Renee
I was going to take it today, my brother was going to follow me, but I can't hardly do anything right now.
My pain is so bad I'm shaking like a cold person.
I'm afraid one of the car sensors might be messed up, but still want to see if it's the alternator first.
The way my health is right now Ill likely just take it to a mechanic when I can, I can't be bothered with it much the way I am.

I don't get any breaks anymore it seems, start getting better, and then kicked right back down.
I feel worse than when I came home from surgery.
I'm sorry to hear that you feel like shit.

I'm hoping you contacted your doctor and thoroughly explained how you feel. Don't take dismissive bullshit for an answer. You have to be your own health advocate because no one will do it for you, not even the medical professionals who are supposed to be looking out for you.
Being I missed my appointment, and have no car now that's hard to do.
I can get online, and contact them, but that hasn't worked out well.

Right now I am having a lot of heart pain, and forget breathing in deep.
My shoulder is the worst feeling, can't even get any relief unless laying almost flat.
I said it before I really wish I didn't have the surgery, I think they have pretty much killed me.
The meds are another thing, more they don't listen about.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
User avatar
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 6343
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 10:05 am

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200115Unread post Renee »

Blue Frost wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 5:41 pm
Renee wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 12:51 pm
Blue Frost wrote: November 21st, 2022, 6:28 pm Hi Renee
I was going to take it today, my brother was going to follow me, but I can't hardly do anything right now.
My pain is so bad I'm shaking like a cold person.
I'm afraid one of the car sensors might be messed up, but still want to see if it's the alternator first.
The way my health is right now Ill likely just take it to a mechanic when I can, I can't be bothered with it much the way I am.

I don't get any breaks anymore it seems, start getting better, and then kicked right back down.
I feel worse than when I came home from surgery.
I'm sorry to hear that you feel like shit.

I'm hoping you contacted your doctor and thoroughly explained how you feel. Don't take dismissive bullshit for an answer. You have to be your own health advocate because no one will do it for you, not even the medical professionals who are supposed to be looking out for you.
Being I missed my appointment, and have no car now that's hard to do.
I can get online, and contact them, but that hasn't worked out well.

Right now I am having a lot of heart pain, and forget breathing in deep.
My shoulder is the worst feeling, can't even get any relief unless laying almost flat.
I said it before I really wish I didn't have the surgery, I think they have pretty much killed me.
The meds are another thing, more they don't listen about.
I think you need to get to your doctor or a hospital. I don't want to scare you but you're not supposed to be going backwards during the healing process.

Take care my friend and rest as much as possible.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
User avatar
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 96445
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200118Unread post Blue Frost »

Hi peoples, and Happy Thanksgiving for those down here.
We had ours Sunday so thankfully no stress for me, i just need some rest is all.
I spent the last few days in bed, not up much from pain, and heart issues.
I seem to be doing a little bit better at the moment, gotta clean myself up from all this potato action.

So shower time, and back to bed I guess, I hope you have a great holiday down here.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
User avatar
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 96445
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200119Unread post Blue Frost »

Renee wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 8:46 am
Blue Frost wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 5:41 pm
Renee wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 12:51 pm
Blue Frost wrote: November 21st, 2022, 6:28 pm Hi Renee
I was going to take it today, my brother was going to follow me, but I can't hardly do anything right now.
My pain is so bad I'm shaking like a cold person.
I'm afraid one of the car sensors might be messed up, but still want to see if it's the alternator first.
The way my health is right now Ill likely just take it to a mechanic when I can, I can't be bothered with it much the way I am.

I don't get any breaks anymore it seems, start getting better, and then kicked right back down.
I feel worse than when I came home from surgery.
I'm sorry to hear that you feel like shit.

I'm hoping you contacted your doctor and thoroughly explained how you feel. Don't take dismissive bullshit for an answer. You have to be your own health advocate because no one will do it for you, not even the medical professionals who are supposed to be looking out for you.
Being I missed my appointment, and have no car now that's hard to do.
I can get online, and contact them, but that hasn't worked out well.

Right now I am having a lot of heart pain, and forget breathing in deep.
My shoulder is the worst feeling, can't even get any relief unless laying almost flat.
I said it before I really wish I didn't have the surgery, I think they have pretty much killed me.
The meds are another thing, more they don't listen about.
I think you need to get to your doctor or a hospital. I don't want to scare you but you're not supposed to be going backwards during the healing process.

Take care my friend and rest as much as possible.
They are useless, and so far most my issue.
Also getting to see a specialist is not happening since Obama care f-ed that up, two month wait anymore.
The last Emergency room visit the Doctor they called in scolded me for taking my BP several times a day since she didn't know what to do for me.
Great help right.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
User avatar
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 96445
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200124Unread post Blue Frost »

:friday:
Hi peoples, still here, I hope you all are, and well.
So how is black Friday not racist by now, just gotta ask. :teehe:
I'm sure we will be seeing a lot of videos of hair weaves flying at local walmarts soon.

So, anyone doing much, not me.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
User avatar
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 5961
Joined: April 3rd, 2013, 1:50 pm

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200126Unread post Odinson »

Blue Frost wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 5:36 pm I have a code reader, but it's never been of any use to me.
It was an expensive one also, not junk, but the most use it was was clearing codes.
The model might need a very specific code-reader.
User avatar
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 96445
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200127Unread post Blue Frost »

Odinson wrote: November 25th, 2022, 4:14 pm
Blue Frost wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 5:36 pm I have a code reader, but it's never been of any use to me.
It was an expensive one also, not junk, but the most use it was was clearing codes.
The model might need a very specific code-reader.
Yeah, I bought mine the year the reader came out for it specifically, it's the right one.
I just went out there two hours ago, it started up, zero lights on, and running great, I don't get it.
Maybe this coming week I can get it to the shop, Christmas coming the mechanic needs a few more dollars you know.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
User avatar
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 96445
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200131Unread post Blue Frost »

I just read someones report with the same issue I had with my car, it ended up being the Spiel cable in the steering wheel.
He had all the flashing lights, power steering go out, and same zero code at the dealer.
They knew what it was at the dealer since apparently it,s not that uncommon.

I would bet my car has the same issue, the steering has been used hard over the years so it might be worn.
I would still want it checked first, the part is almost $300.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
User avatar
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 6343
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 10:05 am

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200145Unread post Renee »

Blue Frost wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 11:13 pm
Renee wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 8:46 am
Blue Frost wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 5:41 pm
Renee wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 12:51 pm
Blue Frost wrote: November 21st, 2022, 6:28 pm Hi Renee
I was going to take it today, my brother was going to follow me, but I can't hardly do anything right now.
My pain is so bad I'm shaking like a cold person.
I'm afraid one of the car sensors might be messed up, but still want to see if it's the alternator first.
The way my health is right now Ill likely just take it to a mechanic when I can, I can't be bothered with it much the way I am.

I don't get any breaks anymore it seems, start getting better, and then kicked right back down.
I feel worse than when I came home from surgery.
I'm sorry to hear that you feel like shit.

I'm hoping you contacted your doctor and thoroughly explained how you feel. Don't take dismissive bullshit for an answer. You have to be your own health advocate because no one will do it for you, not even the medical professionals who are supposed to be looking out for you.
Being I missed my appointment, and have no car now that's hard to do.
I can get online, and contact them, but that hasn't worked out well.

Right now I am having a lot of heart pain, and forget breathing in deep.
My shoulder is the worst feeling, can't even get any relief unless laying almost flat.
I said it before I really wish I didn't have the surgery, I think they have pretty much killed me.
The meds are another thing, more they don't listen about.
I think you need to get to your doctor or a hospital. I don't want to scare you but you're not supposed to be going backwards during the healing process.

Take care my friend and rest as much as possible.
They are useless, and so far most my issue.
Also getting to see a specialist is not happening since Obama care f-ed that up, two month wait anymore.
The last Emergency room visit the Doctor they called in scolded me for taking my BP several times a day since she didn't know what to do for me.
Great help right.
You have to remember that doctors are just people with slightly more education than you. It doesn't mean they are smarter or really know what they are doing. It's your job to find one that listens and is good at what they do. I know, easier said than done.

I was discussing the sometimes clueless state of medical professionals once with a doctor, whom I happen to hold in high regard and he said to me... "What do you call a doctor that graduates LAST in their class?".... Answer is..... "A doctor". :wacko:

It just goes to show that there are acknowledged limitations for individuals in the medical field and not all doctors are created equal.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
User avatar
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 96445
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200147Unread post Blue Frost »

Hi Renee :)

My doctors are some of the best, but unlike doctors of the past they are little more than pill pushers in today's medical field.
The thing is they don't even know about the side effects of the pills, or interaction of other pills.
I know they have lots of people they see, but that's what they should have notes for.
The part which makes me angry most is they refuse to look at the cause of an issue, and just want to mask it.
While I get worse off they ignore the obvious causes, and effects.

I'm doing a little better since Saturday at the moment, but last week for a few days I was wishing someone would take mercy on me, and put me down.
It was worse than any time in my life I can think of, and constant debilitating pain.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
User avatar
Mel Gibson
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 3940
Joined: November 27th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200153Unread post Mel Gibson »

Odinson wrote: November 6th, 2022, 7:46 pm Melskie...

Did you have to pay the "trudeaubucks" back?
No, since I was eligible under all guidelines to receive every last Trudybuck that I did, contrary to what some others may have claimed over and over again.

As a self-employed individual, I have a better grasp of those requirements than many others probably do.
User avatar
Mel Gibson
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 3940
Joined: November 27th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200154Unread post Mel Gibson »

Blue Frost wrote: November 25th, 2022, 7:13 pm I just read someones report with the same issue I had with my car, it ended up being the Spiel cable in the steering wheel.
He had all the flashing lights, power steering go out, and same zero code at the dealer.
They knew what it was at the dealer since apparently it,s not that uncommon.

I would bet my car has the same issue, the steering has been used hard over the years so it might be worn.
I would still want it checked first, the part is almost $300.
Do NOT try to diagnose potentially complicated electrical/circuitry/sensor issues on your own with a handheld, and then throw parts at it hoping it's fixes itself. Maybe it is your clockspring, but what if it's not?

A mouse chewing through one or two wires could create a headache that would be difficult for you to solve while maintaining your sanity!

Pay the pro's for a proper diagnosis of the issue, and from there decide if you can solve it yourself, or just pay them to complete the job.

Mechanically I'm fairly savvy, but newer vehicles have almost every system intertwined electronically in some way, and a failure in one section can lead to strange shit happening in others, in ways that would simply make no sense.

Don't feel dumb... Airplanes have crashed & burned with all aboard dead upon impact, because of electrical faults leading to mechanical faults, leading to loss of control...
User avatar
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 96445
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200155Unread post Blue Frost »

Hey hi Mel :)
At the price of parts Ill be taking it in, I wont throw them at it as you said.
i used to fix, and work on cars for people, I know when I'm ignorant, and out of my pay grade.

LOL, I put my first transmission in when I was twelve, got pain $50.
Just think someone having a part like that put in by a kid that age now days. :laugh:
I made some good money as a kid doing jobs like that for people, built decks, and car ports also after word got around.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
User avatar
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 6343
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 10:05 am

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200159Unread post Renee »

Blue Frost wrote: November 30th, 2022, 11:54 am Hi Renee :)

My doctors are some of the best, but unlike doctors of the past they are little more than pill pushers in today's medical field.
The thing is they don't even know about the side effects of the pills, or interaction of other pills.
I know they have lots of people they see, but that's what they should have notes for.
The part which makes me angry most is they refuse to look at the cause of an issue, and just want to mask it.
While I get worse off they ignore the obvious causes, and effects.

I'm doing a little better since Saturday at the moment, but last week for a few days I was wishing someone would take mercy on me, and put me down.
It was worse than any time in my life I can think of, and constant debilitating pain.
I'm glad to hear that you are doing a little better. You probably over did and damaged something that wasn't quite healed.... In many ways I think you are like me. You can't stand to sit still and everything not getting done, drives you batshit. But you have to take it real slow or you will continually set yourself back.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
User avatar
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 96445
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Post: # 200161Unread post Blue Frost »

Ummm ummm !
Got up at 4am this morning, couldn't sleep.
Cleaned baseboards, two loads of laundry, worked on my bed frame, washed the sheets, vacuumed the house, feed the tree rats demarats looking demanding a handout/stimulus.
Oh, made a pork tenderloin last night, made sandwiches this morning for breakfast out of it :thumbsup:

Yeah not getting stuff done kills me, but I didn't over do it, I'm not sure what brought it on.
I can breath deep now, and things seem more in place so maybe everything is just adjusting back where it belongs.
I'm still out of breath easily, and my heart isn't beating right, a lot of that is the meds I'm on, and it takes some people a year sometimes for that adjustment.
I rest quite a bit even though I don't like it, but still need things done, and the exercise.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.

Quick Reply


This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.
   
Post Reply