Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Hey hi Odi, thanks, and not so well.
My doctor told me I can't get my surgery till i take care of my blood pressure, and have my teeth checked out.
Being my BP is uncontrollable they don't know what to do, and also they don't know what to give me after surgery for pain since I don't do well with drugs.
I'm not real bad right now, but I have episodes like last night that I thought my heart was going to stop for good.

I hope you, and everyone is getting over covid, what next right.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

We just had a hurricane hit us, and not a tornado warning issued, I can't wait till morning so I can see any mess out there.
The shame is I just washed several windows, and doors :facepalm:

I hope you all are having a good evening :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:friday:
Hello peoples, happy Friday. :)
Well nothing much going on here today, I'm taking a break from this weeks running around.
Next week Ill be running again so I want a break.

So, happy Easter Weekend to you all, I hope you have some fun plans, or good rest.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: April 12th, 2022, 4:38 pm Hey hi Odi, thanks, and not so well.
My doctor told me I can't get my surgery till i take care of my blood pressure, and have my teeth checked out.
Being my BP is uncontrollable they don't know what to do, and also they don't know what to give me after surgery for pain since I don't do well with drugs.
I'm not real bad right now, but I have episodes like last night that I thought my heart was going to stop for good.

Have you tried different blood pressure medication?
They have a lot of differences.

Everybody has been on the clear from covid for weeks now.

A close call. :teehe:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: April 15th, 2022, 10:36 am :friday:
Well nothing much going on here today, I'm taking a break from this weeks running around.

So, happy Easter Weekend to you all, I hope you have some fun plans, or good rest.
Happy easter to you too Blue. :)

I´m just resting because I got couple of days off. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: April 17th, 2022, 3:44 pm
Blue Frost wrote: April 12th, 2022, 4:38 pm Hey hi Odi, thanks, and not so well.

Have you tried different blood pressure medication?
They have a lot of differences.

Everybody has been on the clear from covid for weeks now.

A close call. :teehe:
I have been on maybe twenty different meds for it, and the doctors said they where running out of options.
Unlike most people I can't take them because of side effects, and issues.
The last ones set off super migraines, and I almost blacked out.
I already get migraines, I really don't need worse ones.
The ones before that cause me a lot of bleeding, and two weeks in bed.
They also fear that since I have a hard tome with meds that after surgery they might not have anything for me for the pain.
A lot of pain pills make me really sick, and cause bleeding.

So covid free, that's great news, and does help if it comes around again.
really it's a relief to be over with it, and we should not have had stupid lock downs to began with.
If people fear getting it they should stay home, and leave the rest of us out of it.
Live as a man, not a sheep you know, and look death in the face on your feet, or as the cowboys with your boots on.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: April 17th, 2022, 3:45 pm
Blue Frost wrote: April 15th, 2022, 10:36 am :friday:

Happy easter to you too Blue. :)

I´m just resting because I got couple of days off. :teehe:
I should be resting, but I need to get some things in order for this week.
Easter isn't my thing, but glad for the candy :)
Got a cupcake also that was brought to me.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: April 4th, 2022, 7:51 am I have my own life crisis going on right now that needs my attention and my time with things like social media will be very very limited. The truth is. I should have left the forum scene years ago like RW did. I may pop in from time to time so this is not a complete and total good-by.

So take care my friend and my regards to everyone here.
All the best to you, Renee. You were a fun poster, at least by my standards!

Step away, and handle your real life business that needs to be handled.

I have never formed what would be called a 'close online relationship'' with anyone on any forums, and I do this for a reason...

The pixels on my screen shall forever remain nothing more than pixels on my screen. Don't attempt to 'know' some random poster posting pixels... You'll end up like Lisa.

Peace, Chubby.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Damn Mel, and here I thought we where online friends, :blush:
It's better not to get close thought, you will just get hurt, or feel abandoned like I do with a few people in the past.
It's alright though, they have their lives, and at least I got a chance to have some of their time for a while.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:monday:
Hi peoples, good weekend for you I hope, and good week to come.
I have some important things to take care of this week, and appointments to make, but nothing much more.
Super tired today, not a good night, and the stinking cold wet weather is back again.

So, anything good going on ?
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: April 18th, 2022, 10:35 am Damn Mel, and here I thought we where online friends, :blush:
It's better not to get close thought, you will just get hurt, or feel abandoned like I do with a few people in the past.
It's alright though, they have their lives, and at least I got a chance to have some of their time for a while.
We've been good acquaintances for a long time, or at least I think we co-existed well enough going back a long time on these forums, barring my occasional drunken shenannigans!

'Friends' is a term I don't like to use on the forums, unless I would actually know that person well in 'real life', which I don't, even though I've met a few posters in person... Some posters have tried to create 'online friendships' by communicating in private. I am not so keen to do so... It takes away from posting on the board itself, and you still would be nothing more than an electronic penpal.

I can see the appeal to some, but I've also witnessed a lot of private 'E-Friendships' go bad also, which again is partly due to the non-physical, non-in person approach that a 'real life' friend would have, or at least that's how it used to be before FaceBook came along! You know what I mean.

But ya, people come, and people go. Orik comes to mind... I met him once, and then he died a while later. Somebody on the forum, or at least access to it, must have known him well enough to post his death when he died in hospital... I'm sure many others have died over time also, with the only suggestion to that is they simply disappeared.

I am always of the opinion that it's more important to step outside of the house, away from the computer, and to simply smell the roses, at least for a little while... Wave at the neighbours. Make eye contact with real people. Talk to people, if even just for a second! Forums can be a great pass time, but they can also waste an incredible amount of time also! I barely posted when I was with my Ex, which of course is understandable! Priorities!
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: April 18th, 2022, 10:37 am :monday:
I have some important things to take care of this week, and appointments to make, but nothing much more.
Super tired today, not a good night, and the stinking cold wet weather is back again.

Well, work is now starting to pick up again for me again after the spring thaw, right when the weather is getting nice enough to do some outside yardwork and minor outdoor reno's that I want to do and have started... I knew this would happen!

Thinking: [Tomorrow will be a great day to hammer in some garden ties!]

Later this evening: ~Bing Beep Bloop phone text noises~ "We need some dirt hauled tomorrow, you can show up, right?"

Such is life...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: April 20th, 2022, 2:28 am
Blue Frost wrote: April 18th, 2022, 10:35 am Damn Mel, and here I thought we where online friends, :blush:
We've been good acquaintances for a long time, or at least I think we co-existed well enough going back a long time on these forums, barring my occasional drunken shenannigans!

'Friends' is a term I don't like to use on the forums, unless I would actually know that person well in 'real life', which I don't, even though I've met a few posters in person... Some posters have tried to create 'online friendships' by communicating in private. I am not so keen to do so... It takes away from posting on the board itself, and you still would be nothing more than an electronic penpal.

I can see the appeal to some, but I've also witnessed a lot of private 'E-Friendships' go bad also, which again is partly due to the non-physical, non-in person approach that a 'real life' friend would have, or at least that's how it used to be before FaceBook came along! You know what I mean.

But ya, people come, and people go. Orik comes to mind... I met him once, and then he died a while later. Somebody on the forum, or at least access to it, must have known him well enough to post his death when he died in hospital... I'm sure many others have died over time also, with the only suggestion to that is they simply disappeared.

I am always of the opinion that it's more important to step outside of the house, away from the computer, and to simply smell the roses, at least for a little while... Wave at the neighbours. Make eye contact with real people. Talk to people, if even just for a second! Forums can be a great pass time, but they can also waste an incredible amount of time also! I barely posted when I was with my Ex, which of course is understandable! Priorities!
An online acquaintance, well I see you as a friend regardless, and a few more I have met online.
The so called real life friends I have had I never talked with as much as people on the internet.
Maybe I'm not a good friend to have, i never call, or go see them except for one maybe, and he's like family to me.
But I see you as a friend Mel, I would trust you to come into my home, and stay a while like I would a few others on here. I would need to run Odi through a car wash first though being a Sasquatch, and all :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: April 20th, 2022, 2:39 am
Blue Frost wrote: April 18th, 2022, 10:37 am :monday:

Well, work is now starting to pick up again for me again after the spring thaw, right when the weather is getting nice enough to do some outside yardwork and minor outdoor reno's that I want to do and have started... I knew this would happen!

Thinking: [Tomorrow will be a great day to hammer in some garden ties!]

Later this evening: ~Bing Beep Bloop phone text noises~ "We need some dirt hauled tomorrow, you can show up, right?"

Such is life...
I would if I could Mel, and I actually like yard work to an extent.
Don't hurt yourself doing all that work Mel, all that bending, and stuff can be hard on a body.
A lot of yard work I find relaxing.

I have appointments to make, and need to call back my doctor today. :yawn:
It's pretty out though, and since my neighbor is gone, and they ripped the house apart inside, and out the smell is mostly gone also. :stars:
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: April 20th, 2022, 11:33 am An online acquaintance, well I see you as a friend regardless, and a few more I have met online.
The so called real life friends I have had I never talked with as much as people on the internet.
Maybe I'm not a good friend to have, i never call, or go see them except for one maybe, and he's like family to me.
But I see you as a friend Mel, I would trust you to come into my home, and stay a while like I would a few others on here. I would need to run Odi through a car wash first though being a Sasquatch, and all :teehe:
I appreciate that!

Hey, I had a customer today who's building a cedar log house mostly on his own. A big cedar log house!

He's an older guy from Europe, doing all his own milling with a chainsaw and guide, from trees on his property.

I go back tomorrow, and I'll ask if I can take a pic! You'll be motivated!

The guy is milling an 80' tree right now. Passion!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I had a worker at Ford that built a big one, but he had the logs brought in a kit.
They pre build them, and number the logs, and you put them together.
It was huge, about three stories high, and he planted a big tree in the middle of it. :wacko:

I hope he gets it done, and it makes him happy, it does take passion.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: April 21st, 2022, 10:57 am I had a worker at Ford that built a big one, but he had the logs brought in a kit.
They pre build them, and number the logs, and you put them together.
It was huge, about three stories high, and he planted a big tree in the middle of it. :wacko:

I hope he gets it done, and it makes him happy, it does take passion.
Here's the piece he was working on today. Uses a chainsaw that slides along that rack to cut...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nice setup, "saw" a few like that here.
I actually got put on that job before, it's harder than it looks, and the smell is bad also, you smell it for days.
I hope those logs are seasoned, they will crack on him if not over time.

When I was starting at Ford I had plans to build one, but it never worked out for me.
They sell kits made to order here, I'm sure they do there as well, and you can get some really awesome looking plans.

Oh, the guy at work had to use maybe 1000 gallons of stain on his house, or more, he said the wood just sucked it up.
It was a sealer, and stain mix so that can cost a lot of money after building one of those, especially having to do it again in a few years.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

HAPPY WEEKEND ! :happy:

So, going to be warm tomorrow here, I think Ill try to enjoy it in the sun if i can stand the light.
I got to get some pots ready for a few flowers, might make me feel good, or not.

So how about you, doing much ?
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: April 21st, 2022, 8:18 pm Nice setup, "saw" a few like that here.
I actually got put on that job before, it's harder than it looks, and the smell is bad also, you smell it for days.
I hope those logs are seasoned, they will crack on him if not over time.

When I was starting at Ford I had plans to build one, but it never worked out for me.
They sell kits made to order here, I'm sure they do there as well, and you can get some really awesome looking plans.

Oh, the guy at work had to use maybe 1000 gallons of stain on his house, or more, he said the wood just sucked it up.
It was a sealer, and stain mix so that can cost a lot of money after building one of those, especially having to do it again in a few years.
Yep. Seems like a lot of work to me! However, he said he built the house in the background 40 years ago, so he does have basic knowledge of home building at least...