Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Blue Frost wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 4:58 pm I just got me a new monitor, a big 42" one for gaming.
I hooked up my new computer up also for it, I got to get used to this stuff.
All up to date, and speed out the wazoo.
The hard part is getting all the settings right for me, and passwords figured out again.
The brightness is already Burning my retinas out :wacko:

What a mess I have in here right now.

Oh! Went to the doctor this morning about my heart, I got back for an echo soon, but back to the doctor in six months.
He said I was doing a good job caring for myself, and me changing the meds was a good thing.
I guess he kind of admitted they did a bad job at it in a round about way.
Well some good news for a change, I just hope I can get my heart where it keeps up with what I'm doing soon.
Give me some PC specs? :teehe:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Win 11 home
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x 12 core processor
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
64 gb memory for the moment.
1TB SSD/ 1TB HDD

I think it will keep up with the games I play, and then some.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 4:58 pm I just got me a new monitor, a big 42" one for gaming.
The hard part is getting all the settings right for me, and passwords figured out again.

Oh! Went to the doctor this morning about my heart, I got back for an echo soon, but back to the doctor in six months.
He said I was doing a good job caring for myself, and me changing the meds was a good thing.
Well some good news for a change, I just hope I can get my heart where it keeps up with what I'm doing soon.
I'm glad to hear that your health is getting better. As I stated previously it's going to take time. Keep working at it and you will get there.

You must do a lot of gaming. Personally I never had the patience for it. I did spend some time with Eve Online a few years ago but got bored with it. There was far too steep a learning curve and like all online games it was full of geeks, nerds, liars, and worst of all, dicks just looking to screw over new players.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:45 pm

Try saying "please". :kez:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: January 24th, 2023, 10:24 am

I'm glad to hear that your health is getting better. As I stated previously it's going to take time. Keep working at it and you will get there.

You must do a lot of gaming. Personally I never had the patience for it. I did spend some time with Eve Online a few years ago but got bored with it. There was far too steep a learning curve and like all online games it was full of geeks, nerds, liars, and worst of all, dicks just looking to screw over new players.
I never was into it either, but I have been for a while now, and time for me to graduate to computers.
My brother was always the game boy, but since I am a shut in most the time now I started doing the game stuff.
I'm going to try to learn to mod gams, and make quest for them, or at least some cheats, and improvements.
The games I play is open world types, but not with others.
Skyrim, Fallout 4, and was a few others, but I can't find them for PC now.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: January 24th, 2023, 10:26 am

My sincerest apologies, guvna.

I wanna assure you this in no way will ever ´appen again, is been an ´onor to serve you and I´m ´oping you´ll accept my deepest contrition.

:teehe:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 24th, 2023, 12:54 am Win 11 home
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x 12 core processor
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
64 gb memory for the moment.
1TB SSD/ 1TB HDD

I think it will keep up with the games I play, and then some.
Thats the normal version of the 3090?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X (70 MB total cache, 12 cores, 24 threads, up to 4.80 GHz Max Boost Clock)
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 24th, 2023, 2:14 pm AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X (70 MB total cache, 12 cores, 24 threads, up to 4.80 GHz Max Boost Clock)
I mean the gpu... RTX 3090.

What version is it?

I´m just doing benchmarks with your specs. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3090, 24 GB GDDR6X
I'm not sure what else there is to say.

i don't have any games on it yet so i can't say if It's what it's suppose to be like.
I needed a good new computer so I got one, my old one is still good, but been outdated for a long time now.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 24th, 2023, 5:49 pm NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3090, 24 GB GDDR6X
I'm not sure what else there is to say.

i don't have any games on it yet so i can't say if It's what it's suppose to be like.
I needed a good new computer so I got one, my old one is still good, but been outdated for a long time now.
Its a lot better than my RTX 2070 Super. :teehe:

There are differences between the models... Like if its the OC version or something like that.

Also the number of fans is important... The original founders edition cards made by NVIDIA are prone to overheat due to the lack of proper cooling.

Mine is NVIDIA Geforce too but its made by MSI... There are differences between the quality of different manufacturers.

Did you build this PC yourself?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's an Alienware computer, water cooled, and lots of cooling fans.
The older ones did have a heat issue, but they improved that, and opened up the inside of the machines so they would cool better also.
They did a total redesign just to reduce the heat issue on the parts, and tower.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: January 24th, 2023, 11:39 am
Renee wrote: January 24th, 2023, 10:26 am

My sincerest apologies, guvna.

I wanna assure you this in no way will ever ´appen again, is been an ´onor to serve you and I´m ´oping you´ll accept my deepest contrition.

:teehe:
Talk is cheap. Don't let it happen again... :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:hhd:
Hi peoples, slow start here today, I just got up from bed :scratch: I'm usually up by 6 the last few months at the latest.
I guess this weather stuff is getting to me, I feel so drained, and down.

Well gotta get up, and get busy regardless, things need cleaned, and put away as always.
I hope all of you are well, seems a lot of people are getting sick here the last week, or so.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Hi all, how's it going?
Well, my wife got back from visiting her mom in the Phillipines, (95 and still a going concern), about 2 weeks ago.
My own mother, not doing as well. She lives with my sister and she got to the point where she was not eating, and only awake about 1 hour a day, so we brought her to the hospital and she stayed there for about 3 weeks. She had a series of mini strokes which diminished her already failing cognitive functionality.
So, there she was...blind (glaucoma), hard of hearing, and confused 90 year old lady. She hated every moment of being there and whenever the nurses tried to change her out, she would let out a howl that could not be heard more than 3 floors away. She sounded like someone was beating a parrot with a stick.
She would also hit at and try to bite the nurses. My sister would come in the morning and find her tied down with restraints.
As for me, I am at home early this afternoon after falling off a small ladder and breaking a rib at work. The doctor threw some painkillers my way and cut me loose. 60 years old and the only time I stayed in the hospital overnight was when my wife was giving birth, so I maintain my perfect no hospital record.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Beanthere I feel for you, and I hope things level out for you soon.
I'm so sorry hearing about what you are dealing with, it hurts a lot I know not being able to do anything for people you care about.
Get well yourself, broke ribs are serious, or can be, pain is something else also.

I'm down today a lot, my best friend is in the hospital in serious shape, he's like a brother to me.
Maybe better weather will come soon, and help us all right, some good days for us. :)
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

beanthere wrote: January 25th, 2023, 5:09 pm Hi all, how's it going?
Well, my wife got back from visiting her mom in the Phillipines, (95 and still a going concern), about 2 weeks ago.
My own mother, not doing as well. She lives with my sister and she got to the point where she was not eating, and only awake about 1 hour a day, so we brought her to the hospital and she stayed there for about 3 weeks. She had a series of mini strokes which diminished her already failing cognitive functionality.
So, there she was...blind (glaucoma), hard of hearing, and confused 90 year old lady. She hated every moment of being there and whenever the nurses tried to change her out, she would let out a howl that could not be heard more than 3 floors away. She sounded like someone was beating a parrot with a stick.
She would also hit at and try to bite the nurses. My sister would come in the morning and find her tied down with restraints.
As for me, I am at home early this afternoon after falling off a small ladder and breaking a rib at work. The doctor threw some painkillers my way and cut me loose. 60 years old and the only time I stayed in the hospital overnight was when my wife was giving birth, so I maintain my perfect no hospital record.
Sorry to hear about your mom. Getting old is not fun for anyone including those that have to watch loved ones fail. Years ago I watched what my parents went thru with my grandfather who had alzheimer's. It's heartbreaking.

But I'm glad you are okay after your fall. Take of that rib and watch the pain killers. Depending upon what they are, you can get addicted faster than you realize.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:friday:
Hello peoples :)
So, anything good going on, maybe some fun for the weekend ?
Fun here is cleaning, and finding places for things to live.
Got my desk cleaned off last night, I hope I can keep it close to uncluttered as now.

Snow last night, and wind today :yuk: I hate this weather.
I need to migrate south for the winter, a nice beach, a nice drink, and cute girls in bikinis. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

So hey, been dealing with a bunch of debt collectors this morning, I keep getting spammed with calls.
Thing is they are for someone in Pennsylvania, and I really want to choke the person since I have got calls for him for the last 25 years, or so.
It's just lately I have been flooded with calls early morning to late night. :angry:
Anyone have any suggestions ?

you know as bad as he is with the credit cards, and other things it looks like they would learn not to loan him money, or give him credit.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

12 calls so far today, and none for me :angry: