Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Hello peoples, a very happy 4th of July, and Monday to you all.
Slow start here, but I'm moving, just finished up some salmon with Mediterranean seasoning :kiss: I wish I could share it.
Gotta chuckle a little with the Mediterranean, means middle earth, maybe some elves made the seasoning, hobbits, orks, or trolls. :spit:
It's good stuff though so no matter.

So, I have a little project today, sort my closets out, I have already put some sliders under a few beds so they don't scratch the floors when moved.
They have got expensive the last few years, I used to get them a dollar a pack, not they are about seven dollars. :wacko:
They work, or I wouldn't bother.

Well have a good 4th if you can, and keep cool.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Happy 4th of July, Blue.
Glad to hear you had a good day.

Got done rebuilding my back deck on Saturday, just in time for a family BBQ. My oldest son has gone away for 6 weeks of hardcore training in the Army. My big tough, muscular boy wanted to call it quits after the first day! I had to talk him down so that he could see the bigger picture...that he is not the only one who has ever endured the hardships of army training. I reminded him that every soldier, in every country, in history, has had to go through the same. I think our society has gotten soft as we shifted from the farm to the city. It seems to me that one of the reasons we have a labour shortage is that the younger generations can't hack the basic essence of hard work. The modern education system has conditioned them to take the easy road, or no road at all even. So now, even the smallest difficulty is considered a reason to quit. I'm glad the army is reshaping my son into a man. He will be able to square his shoulders and take on whatever life may throw at him.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My deck needs rebuilt, but not happening for a while if ever by me.
I have been wanting to dig it out, and put a basement addition under it for a safe room, and little workshop.

You know beanthere, you hardly see kids out anymore, they are mentally, and physically weaker than us, and we also are weaker than our parents in a lot of cases.
Today's kids are really in a bad spot, so bad they need a prize for participation, and a concealer if they have to do real work.
I think your kid will be alright, you seem to have done a good job with them, they just need a little push now, and then like you did.
It's hard I know for him, but he will get stronger, and hopefully wiser from the experience.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

108F on the back porch right now, just saw John McCain, and a guy with horns go by. :woot:
Mel Gibson

beanthere wrote: July 4th, 2022, 11:35 pm Happy 4th of July, Blue.
Glad to hear you had a good day.

Got done rebuilding my back deck on Saturday, just in time for a family BBQ. My oldest son has gone away for 6 weeks of hardcore training in the Army. My big tough, muscular boy wanted to call it quits after the first day! I had to talk him down so that he could see the bigger picture...that he is not the only one who has ever endured the hardships of army training. I reminded him that every soldier, in every country, in history, has had to go through the same. I think our society has gotten soft as we shifted from the farm to the city. It seems to me that one of the reasons we have a labour shortage is that the younger generations can't hack the basic essence of hard work. The modern education system has conditioned them to take the easy road, or no road at all even. So now, even the smallest difficulty is considered a reason to quit. I'm glad the army is reshaping my son into a man. He will be able to square his shoulders and take on whatever life may throw at him.
It can be a good career if he stays focused. My stepbrother wanted to be RCMP, but he was too straight, too White, and too male for that according to the recruiter at the time. So he went army instead, and worked his way up the ranks quickly. For privacy reasons I won't disclose what he all did, but he traveled all around the world doing interesting, important shit, especially towards the end.

So recently he had enough time in to get full army pension, so he got out... Wanted a regular 9-5 job, as he's not that old, so ironically enough he was hired to train new police recruits at the academy. You just roll with the flow, remain determined, and you can have the last laugh after all!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I put in for the State Police, but was too white.
They wanted blacks, especially female black woman.
Talk about discrimination.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Saturday peoples, well I hope it is for you.
I just spent half mine in bed, not a fun time right now, breathing is pretty hard for me right now.
I feel bad I haven't got anything done also, tomorrow maybe Ill catch up.

So, anything good going on right now, fun, food, or maybe a movie ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hi peoples, I hope all is good for you this day.
Not all bad here, but could be better.
I just got news, surgery will be late August if I don't fall over first, I really dread the thought of it.
I get to talk to someone soon about the dates, times, and how it will be if I make it.
Gotta wonder if Ill need an armored chest plate how I like to try to do things, I would sure hate to bump into something like a door :panic:
i think the worst part for me is laying on my back, I'm a side sleeper when I sleep.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:hhd:
Hi peoples, mid week already, hell it's mid year :wacko:
Not much going on here, feeling pretty down, and messed up, but I'm doing.
I got a few groceries, and was going to get gas, but couldn't make it, maybe tomorrow if I can.
So, anything good going on, not much here.

I'm about to make a pork chop sandwich on the grill, being 100f out I could likely just toss it on the sidewalk. :o
Nah, no sidewalk cooking for me, so come on over, and Ill make a few of them. :happy:
Do you know some good bourbon is good on a lot of things, beef, pork, chicken, fish even.
Oh, and beans, great in beans, just don't use a lot.
Mel Gibson

My reno's are stressing me out. I'm a perfectionist, and I don't like this shit... If I had the money, I'd bulldoze this house down and simply build new. Build new, and build proper from the ground up. No cutting corners. I'd monitor the entire affair.

Now I'm off to Ford to get the rearview camera replaced on me truck! It's been recalled for a year and a half, but because Covid they couldn't get one in for me until now...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel I feel the pain, I wanted to rip out everything I don't know how many times, and rebuild.
i actually did here in the basement, but still couldn't do everything I needed.
If I was to rebuild the whole house I would just move, and build one in a nice spot, and not in Kentucky for sure.

You know my niece has a camera issue on her Ford, it's been replaced four times maybe, they are just junk is what they are.
My guess the voltage, or ohms is off on them burning them up, or not grounded right someplace in them.
Could even be moisture you know, but looks like they would have figured that out by now.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Ah yes. Another Ford recall. There were two fairly sizable recalls last month. Maybe that's what the camera problem is...the vehicle rolls backward and destroys the camera along with the back bumper. :laugh:

Have you heard of the new Ford towing package? It makes it easier for you to get your Ford vehicle towed to the nearest shop. :laugh:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

It's ok Mel. Help is always close by. :roll:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

What a week it's been. All kinds of craziness at work as they try to convert to a new computer program, and some people quitting. On Saturday, my kids threw a birthday bash for me, (and my wife, who missed out back in the winter because of Covid and everyone feeling sick). We had a party in the backyard on our new deck. I am now 60, and so is my wife. Meanwhile, back at work, they hired a new girl, a cute redhead who is all of 18 years old, and she is hitting on the old man!
Does she not realize I'm old enough to be her grampa? Meanwhile, back at the house, my daughter who is a year older is driving my wife nuts by running off all the time with her boyfriend, and it's making us nervous. The oldest is doing a lot better this week with the army. He's having the time of his life firing off machine guns and throwing grenades.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh man Beanthere, that was fast her getting that old, wasn't she just skating, and wanting a toy :panic:
You should lock her up, and have a GPS monitor put on her, no need for some guy until shes at least 30, and had a good vetting by the parents.
I have a gun you can borrow.
Really I feel your stress Beanthere, my older niece is like my daughter, and we just have to deal with it best we can, and advise.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: July 14th, 2022, 12:59 am Ah yes. Another Ford recall. There were two fairly sizable recalls last month. Maybe that's what the camera problem is...the vehicle rolls backward and destroys the camera along with the back bumper. :laugh:

Have you heard of the new Ford towing package? It makes it easier for you to get your Ford vehicle towed to the nearest shop. :laugh:
With my experience at FORD, the management, and engineers know there are issues, and they insist on rolling those cars, and trucks out.
It's not surprising though, our line would build X amount of trucks a night, and the profits would be 14 million a night, now with three shifts going minus the day shift lagging daily we that came to 38-40 million profits a day from one plant.
My guess is they account for this anymore, and write it off.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:friday:
Well hello peoples, good day I hope.
I just got home from helping someone broke down, their tire went kaboom, and I could here it from my place a mile away.
They had a spare, but it was locked on, and the cable wouldn't let down.
I spent over an hour helping them with the mess, now I will pay.
Hey, maybe Ill get a Karma point for it, I need those :laugh:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

There is a walrus in Finland which is in the headlines right now.

There is no recorded case of a walrus on Finnish shores.

It has swam to Finland all the way from Svalbard.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: July 15th, 2022, 5:19 pm There is a walrus in Finland which is in the headlines right now.

There is no recorded case of a walrus on Finnish shores.

It has swam to Finland all the way from Svalbard.
Wow, was it female?... I hope you didn't miss out on your big chance at a date.... :laugh:

I don't like walruses..... They scare me, just like skunk apes.

We had a great white off our shores again this summer and there has been about 4 sighted off the coast of Cape Cod this month.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas