The Founding Of The United States

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: The Founding Of The United States

Ha ! :rofl:

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s some colourized American civil war photos. There’s some Abraham Lincoln photos and some of his assassination conspirators, there’s general Custer and some notable people that I don’t know anything about. It’s a short video though. The colour does make it so much more real.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

They have came a long way in coloring old photos, they used to look pretty bad, and sometimes cartoonish looking.
She did a great job on those.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Did general Custer kill himself on the battlefield rather than be captured ? I think that I may have seen a movie where he did and the movies hire PhD historians for historical accuracy. I didn’t know that the forts were attacked that often. I didn’t know that American soldiers often committed suicide rather than be captured by the natives. This video say that this surprised the natives. I suppose that committing suicide on the battlefield isn’t something a native would ever do. This may be a bit boring but for any reader interested it is for them. The type of bullet that hit general Custer in the temple was a pointed one that the natives wouldn’t have been firing.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s a little bit of American history that I found worthy of posting on this thread. It adds to my knowledge of the early relationship between the USA, France and Spain.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Nine out of ten people wouldn’t survive the wagon trail across the USA i the 1850’s ?! The Wild West was a unique fascinating era. The show Gunsmoke I believe did a superb job of portraying the Wild West. Life expectancy wasn’t very high.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have post traumatic stress disorder from my first doorman job when I was 22 years old. I liken my doorman days to bring a sheriff sometimes. The sheriffs no doubt also had constraints just as our police in North America do.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Some good videos, I didn't know so many died going west, I thought it was one tenth who lived :think: gotta look it up.
I think I'm right, but who knows, and who kept numbers then anyhow. :think:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary might like this one, and as I have said many times the Indians wasn't peaceful, and took what they could from each other.
Also the Apache where a nasty lot, they killed anyone, and ran their horses to death.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I watched a video about how cruel the Comanche’s torturing was. This adds more knowledge about them, the apaches and the pre USA 🇺🇸 history of the southwest. I knew that the Comanche’s were feared.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The Apaches got what they asked for, at least the warring ones did.
They where cruel people much more than the Comanche where, and that's where the Comanche got a lot of their bad from.
I feel for the innocent from all sides, but history shows it wasn't all noble Indian like the left pushes when they call for giving others stuff away.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Apache if I recall correctly are from the later ( theorized of course ) genetic and linguistic natives that populated the British Columbia, Alaska, the Yukon, Washington state and a number of other western tribes. So the Comanche’s and Apache were very different.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Comanche, Cherokee, and some others are considered the pretty Indians, and they are not all Asian.
Just like a lot of the north eastern Indians they are part white, and one tribe I read had a great deal of Jewish blood in them.
So how could this be, well the powers that be hide it because it goes against their hate white agenda, and the natives of course hide it also because why, whites.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I had never heard of the legendary Dallas Stoudenmeyer but his story adds to my knowledge of the adventurous Wild West era of the USA which I believe had a lot to do with the American values that helped make the USA such a great country. One had to be tough in those days.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I was unaware of the enslavement of blacks by the natives of eastern USA. I didn’t know that some women would buy a slave, then free him and then marry him and have children with him. Some of this seems a bit like this video should be on the forbidden history thread. Yet it is another interesting part of American history which I have found interesting in the last decade.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cherokee Indians had quite a few slaves since they lived as, or better than whites for a time until Andrew Jackson had them took off.
Some had plantations as well as some blacks in the south also.
The part about woman buying them has happened all throughout history, men has done it also, and I'm sure in the south they did it on occasion even with the bad liable put on people like that.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Kentucky man finds 700+ rare gold Civil War coins in cornfield

https://www.lex18.com/news/kentucky-man ... tid=Zxz2cZ

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

What a stroke of luck. The guy who found this horde of gold coins now is a millionaire. How much can they actually learn from these gold coins I don’t know. Perhaps they can unravel the story of who, why and what was the guy doing who stashed the stash of treasure.
genocide088

Gary Oak wrote: February 10th, 2016, 7:17 pm I don't know much about the American constitution but all I do know about it is was created by some amazingly smart patriots. I also believe that any country that adopts a constitution like the American constitution will naturally gravitate to being a success and I am hoping that some American posters can help educate me on this topic. I will have to buy a book on the American constitution.
i dont know much either as i not american but do know alot of there ideas of governance taken from the ancient romans and that they first people that did it all were super smart and would roll in there grave now if they saw how the usa goverment is run nowadays

oh and there were 5 founding fathers all super smart being:

james madison: Often called the "Father of the Constitution,"

alexander hamilton: As one of the authors of the Federalist Papers. Hamilton advocated for a strong central government and was influential in the creation of the Constitution.

benjamin franklin: An esteemed statesman and diplomat. Franklin brought his wisdom and experience to the convention.

george washington: Though he presided over the convention as its president.

gouverneur morris: He is credited with being the primary writer of the actual text of the Constitution.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I personally would take Washington off that list, he was little more than a fancy tall peacock in the background.
Benedikt Arnold was more of a genius of a general even though he switched sides much because of Washington.
I don't think either had much to do with the constitution's creation.

Thomas Jefferson was better choice for the list, he did much of it himself.
John Adams also.