Wow, has it really been 5 weeks since I been here?

RDL

Wow, has it really been 5 weeks since I been here?

I guess it has.
Sorry, I've just been busy with stuff, or not enough money to come to the internet cafe, or not enough money to ride the bus.
But tonight I've got the time, I've got the money, and I've got the bus tickets.
So I'm here :)

RDL

Re: Wow, has it really been 5 weeks since I been here?

Job search -- still looking.
Low-income housing -- still no word.

As for what's been going on in my life, well the week leading up to Easter was full of incidents...

The Monday before Easter, I got kicked out of a grocery store near Royal Jubilee Hospital... what happened was that the angry male 60-year-old cashier rejected my bottle returns because they looked like they weren't washed and the caps were still on... stuff like that's never been an issue before, so I took it very personally... I stuck my middle finger out at him and stormed out... he came after me and was ranting and raving... he's obviously upset about something else in his life... too old to get an erection?
RDL

The Thursday before Easter, my landlady overheard me being drunk and disorderly in my own apartment... she wanted to bust me and rat me out to my dad... so she had to make an excuse to come in and talk to me... so the lying cunt pretended she overheard me having a panic attack and asked me if I needed to take a pill... of course I played along because I didn't want to admit to being drunk and disorderly... I pretended I was having a panic attack and that I needed to take a pill... didn't want her running to my dad.
RDL

Then, of course, there was Easter itself... I ran into this black guy outside of one of my meetings... a month and a half earlier, I snapped and called him the N-word... anyway, when I saw him on Easter, he refused to accept my apology... I told him I didn't want things to be awkward between us, and he said, "you should have thought of that before"... so occasionally I still see him at meetings, but I've been able to ignore him...
RDL

Oh, and then there's the job search place where I normally access the internet... they recently asked everyone to re-view and re-sign an updated version of the terms of service... two pages long... clients such as myself can be kicked out for using the computers for anything other than job search... staff are allowed to be rude to clients... clients are not allowed to show any kind of verbal hostility to staff in return, or they will be banned...

That's just at the downtown location... I haven't been to the one on Gorge lately... the staff lady in the computer room there is a real bitch.
RDL

Speaking of threats of punishment and banishment...

The drug store across the street from my apartment building recently posted a sign at all their cash registers saying that disrespectful language or behavior will not be tolerated and that "you will be asked to leave immediately"...

Also, I've seen a similar notice at the Salvation Army community kitchen downtown...
RDL

Anyway, my dad is on vacation for a couple of weeks... he's visiting his side of the family... I get a two-week break from Friday spaghetti night...

My dad gave me 2 big bags worth of free food last Tuesday... my mom gave me $10 worth of bus tickets... so financially I'm in a better place than the last few weeks...

Time's almost up at the internet cafe, gotta go :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hello RDL :)
I hope the stress isn't getting to you, that's a lot.
It stresses me out reading all that :teehe:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
RDL

More news...

The library has finally sent me an email acknowledging the letter I sent to them last month... but it remains to be seen if or when they will make a decision regarding my library ban...

Also, the person that is supposed to help me with my job search sent me an email on May 8th saying I was scheduled for an appointment on May 9th, but I didn't see that email until May 11th because I took a few days off my job search... I phoned this person on May 11th to complain about it, then they put me on hold and "accidentally" hung up... so I dialed them back... anyway I've got an appointment on May 19th at 1:30 pm...

Also, last week when I was here at the internet cafe, I was too busy to look at Instagram photos of my brother's trip around the world... I will do that now...
RDL

I saw my mom on Thursday... we had rice and vegetables for dinner... she gave me an expired 710 mL bottle of Pepsi... still good :teehe:

It's been really nice having a break from my dad... I've been able to get to more of my favorite Friday night meetings...
RDL

As for the BC provincial election on May 9th...

There are 87 seats, so 44 seats are needed for a majority government... currently, the Liberals have 43, the NDP have 41, and the Greens have 3... but there are some seats that could still go either way once the absentee ballots are counted May 22-24... so, we could end up with any one of these options:

Liberal majority
Liberal minority
NDP majority
NDP minority
Liberal-Green coalition
NDP-Green coalition

We won't know until May 24...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hi RDL, I hope you are doing well, and happy. Nice to see you post, was wondering about you.
Managing here, trying anyhow.
Good luck with the job thing.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

RDL, we had an election where I live for a town councillor, I never bothered to vote... seems like a waste, just a vote for which thief will get your money. Found out only 25% turned out for it... not surprised really...

I used to be on a job search program, completely useless things as there's only crumbs out there to be had... feels more like they're putting you in a straight jacket, cutting off your air supply so you can't move and then they are likely complaining out of ear shot that none of us job seekers are moving ourselves.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.