Ninth and possibly final summer in my apartment!

RDL

Gotta make this summer count. Tons of stuff on the social calendar.

[video][/video]

RDL

Apr 20 - attended 420 pot rally at Centennial Square!
May 22 - attended Victoria Day Parade along Douglas Street!
May 27 - attended French Fest at Centennial Square!
June 3 - saw the fireworks at Oak Bay Tea Party at Willows Beach!
June 4 - drank communion wine at a presbyterian church!
RDL

June 12 - going to a potluck at one of my meetings.
June 17 - going to a barbeque at one of my meetings.
June 23 - going to a potluck at one of my meetings.
June 24 - going to a barbeque hosted by some young people from my meetings.
June 25 - going to a potluck at one of my meetings.
June 30 - Tegan and Sara concert at the Legislature!
July 1 - Arkells concert at the Legislature! Also, fireworks in the Inner Harbour!
July 4 - Might be able to see the Port Angeles 4th of July fireworks from Ogden Point!
Aug 6 - Symphony Splash and fireworks in the Inner Harbour!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well enjoy what you can, life is short, and miserable without a purpose. :)
So another apartment, or moving home ?
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
RDL

As for the job search situation...

I finally got a case manager helping me with my job search... he's in his 30's and kinda cute... but he's married and has 2 kids :facepalm:

I feel like I can open up to him about anything... drinking while on my meds... drinking in moderation despite my history of alcohol abuse... drinking in moderation and still going to my meetings...

The only trouble with this is that he's gonna get me to sign some consent forms so that he can talk about my case with my mom and dad and my family doctor... they will freak out when they find out I'm drinking again...
RDL

Blue Frost wrote: June 6th, 2017, 9:32 pm Well enjoy what you can, life is short, and miserable without a purpose. :)
So another apartment, or moving home ?
Hoping to get a cheaper place by this time next year.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

RDL wrote: June 6th, 2017, 9:34 pm As for the job search situation...

I finally got a case manager helping me with my job search... he's in his 30's and kinda cute... but he's married and has 2 kids :facepalm:

I feel like I can open up to him about anything... drinking while on my meds... drinking in moderation despite my history of alcohol abuse... drinking in moderation and still going to my meetings...

The only trouble with this is that he's gonna get me to sign some consent forms so that he can talk about my case with my mom and dad and my family doctor... they will freak out when they find out I'm drinking again...
Sometimes people share to much, you really need to work on that. People will listen, but rather not here it, even the ones that seem to care .
Ones in business, or work it can hinder you.
Good luck though, I hope he helps .
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
RDL

As for the political situation in BC...

It was confirmed after the absentee ballots were counted that the Liberals had 43 seats, the NDP had 41 seats, and the Greens had 3 seats...

The Liberals are in power for now, but they will be toppled by a non-confidence motion... the NDP and Greens will then go to the Lieutenant Governor and ask her if they can form government... but the Greens have specifically stated that it will not be a coalition government, it will be an NDP minority propped up by the Greens...

But the tricky thing is, no one wants to be elected speaker of the legislature because that would mean he/she would only be able to vote in the case of a tie-breaker, and that means that his/her party might lose a non-confidence vote... but if no one's stepping up to be speaker, then that could trigger another election... the local news used the exact phrase "The Twilight Zone" to describe what's happening right now...
RDL

Blue Frost wrote: June 6th, 2017, 9:38 pm
RDL wrote: June 6th, 2017, 9:34 pm As for the job search situation...

Sometimes people share to much, you really need to work on that. People will listen, but rather not here it, even the ones that seem to care .
Ones in business, or work it can hinder you.
Good luck though, I hope he helps .

Actually, he did ask me specifically a bunch of questions related to my physical health, mental health, emotional health, and cognitive abilities... we're at the assessment stage... we're not quite at the job search stage yet...

This particular job search program has changed a lot since I last accessed it in 2013/2014... my guess is that they're trying to weed out the crazy people like me...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Crazy is subjective, most people have some issues, more than not if you ask me.
I do think a job where people understand your issues would help, maybe you can get a stock job, or something, a picker for parts or something.
Limited exposure to crappy bosses would be nice.
RDL

Blue Frost wrote: June 6th, 2017, 9:48 pm Crazy is subjective, most people have some issues, more than not if you ask me.
I do think a job where people understand your issues would help, maybe you can get a stock job, or something, a picker for parts or something.
I had the best boss at that sign walker job at that ink refill place... I'm secretly hoping that job will come back...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My best bosses got kicked around, but I treated them right, and always tried to do my best for them.
The jerks I made it hard for them.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

RDL wrote: June 6th, 2017, 9:52 pm
Blue Frost wrote: June 6th, 2017, 9:48 pm Crazy is subjective, most people have some issues, more than not if you ask me.
I had the best boss at that sign walker job at that ink refill place... I'm secretly hoping that job will come back...
That job is over and done with. Its time to move on. Find a job that works with your strengths and can challenge you to keep you entertained.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gotta look at the future on things, and put the effort in, so many people now never tries it seems.
I hope he gets something steady, and at least tolerable.
I wish I could go back to my old job also, but it wont happen.
RDL

My job search is going well :) I am finally getting help with it :)

Also I've been spending a lot of time with family... Friday spaghetti nights with the parents... Saturday I saw my oldest brother and my niece, she's not in diapers anymore and she doesn't use a high chair anymore... Monday did some yardwork with my dad...

Also I've been walking a lot... but apparently not losing weight anymore... but some people still think I am :)

Also I've been returning other people's cans and bottles at the grocery store... it's nice to get a little bit of extra money :)
RDL

June 12 I went to that potluck I mentioned earlier... there was popcorn and a short film about what AA is and what AA isn't... and someone brought a plate full of deviled eggs... I ate most of them...

Speaking of alcohol, the job search place hasn't talked to my dad about my drinking alcohol while on medication... but they may have talked to my family doctor about it... tomorrow I have an appointment with my family doctor, I'll find out then if she knows...

June 17 of course I did not go to that barbeque I mentioned earlier... busy spending time with family...
RDL

Updated social calendar:

une 23 - going to a potluck at one of my meetings.
June 24 - going to a barbeque hosted by some young people from my meetings.
June 25 - going to a potluck at one of my meetings.
June 30 - Tegan and Sara concert at the Legislature!
July 1 - Arkells concert at the Legislature! Also, fireworks in the Inner Harbour!
July 2 - going to a barbeque at a friend's house!
July 4 - Might be able to see the Port Angeles 4th of July fireworks from Ogden Point!
July 9 - Pride Parade!
Aug 6 - Symphony Splash and fireworks in the Inner Harbour!
RDL

Berry Sweet wrote: June 18th, 2017, 7:55 pm
RDL wrote: June 6th, 2017, 9:52 pm
That job is over and done with. Its time to move on. Find a job that works with your strengths and can challenge you to keep you entertained.
I guess.
RDL

Just caught up on my brother and his partner's Instagram photos of their never-ending trip around the world...

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.