HAPPY 2018!!!!!

RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

:stars:

Very exciting year coming up...

1. Continuing my cleaning job... being able to put that money into my trust fund for the first time since being fired from a grocery store in 2010 and going through a 7-year period of off-and-on financial instability...

2. Not going to say where my cleaning job is, as I don't want to jinx things, but it's a pretty big building, and of the hundreds of people that work there, there's this one person I have a bit of a crush on... and I want to find out if they like me too... but I have to find out in a way that doesn't jeopardize my job or cause any problems between me and this person...

3. This year, two people I know are celebrating their 65th birthdays this year... one couple I know is celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary this year... also this year I'm celebrating the 20th anniversary of my first kiss...

4. I know Canada Day (July 1) is 6 months away, but I'm already thinking about where I want to spend it... 2016 I saw the fireworks from the Friday 10pm meeting... 2017 I saw the fireworks from the Saturday 10pm meeting... 2018 it will fall on a Sunday, and there is normally not a 10pm meeting Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu... but maybe I can start up a special yearly Fireworks Meeting every July 1 at 10pm...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Congrats again on the job RDL, glad you found something. i knew a guy who cleaned buildings that worked at Ford with me, he started doing it himself, and hired on his kids, made a lot that way.
I hope it last for you, nice to have some extra money isn't it.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Spent an hour here at the internet cafe today...
Although most of that was spent on the Universal Life Church confession page...
2017 was quite full of ups and downs...

Also I just caught up on family Instagram and Twitter posts...

But other than that, it's time to get going...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Happy New year, and happy night to you, good to here from you. :cool2;
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Back at the internet cafe downtown for half an hour.
I notice that some of the computers here are gone.
I hope this place isn't gonna switch over to all karaoke soon.

I don't wanna go to the other internet cafe, the one by the hospital.
Those people are shifty and scammy.
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

I was hoping to get a flame war going on Topix.com last Tuesday, but it didn't quite pick up like I'd hoped.
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Anyway... the job is going well, but it could be up in the air...
I normally get my 2-week schedule a few days before it goes into effect...
But the schedule for Dec 31-Jan 6 was only a one week schedule...
Then my boss went on vacation, and my supervisors had to draw up a temporary schedule for yesterday and today...
I was working yesterday but not today...
The boss is back in today, so I'm hoping I can go in and get the new schedule for this week and next week...
That's assuming I still have my job...
Like I said, I don't know if I'll be asked to become permanent...
And if not, I don't know when my last shift of the season is, or if I'll be asked to come back next holiday season...
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

As for my mental state, yes I have had anxiety attacks regarding death and the afterlife or lack thereof...
I know I could live to be 90, but even then, that's still too soon...
I don't know how everyone else I know seems to be coping with death and the afterlife or lack thereof...
But I know the more I worry about it, the closer I am to suffering a fatal heart attack or something...
I'm only making the problem worse when I worry...
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

As for the thought of having kids one day... well that's not happening...
This cleaning job has made me acutely aware of how annoying kids are...
They cry and scream at the drop of a hat... pure hell...
Just like way back when, when I was working at the grocery store...
Every time I'm thinking about having kids, all I need to do is just get a job...
If only to remind me about how annoying kids are...
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Oh, and I'm not happy about the bus route changes near several of my evening meetings...
The changes have resulted in drastic cut backs in service in the evenings...
Though you won't hear the transit system admit to that...
All you'll hear from them is a song and dance about how wonderful the changes are...
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Oh, and I'm not happy about this "#MeToo" movement...
No more 'innocent until proven guilty?'
No more rehabilitation and gaining your place in society?
One strike and you're out?
If you're accused of something but not convicted, life as you know it is over?
NOT FAIR
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

It's really always been guilty till proven innocent, and most people never get over being blamed for stuff they never did.
It's just life, and you have to deal with it.
As for dying, nobody I think really wants to die, even the ones in so much pain they could kill themselves. I have been there, i want to die, but I really just want to live without the pain.
Even with suicide, people just want a different life in the end. Could be some different, but on the most part it's life they want.
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Another half an hour at the downtown internet cafe...
More computers are gone... not a good sign...
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

As for my job... got my new schedule on Monday...
Then Tuesday there was a conflict at the mall food court where I clean tables...

This old jerk starts bitching at me for cleaning the table beside him while he's trying to read the paper...
I stew about it for half a minute or so... then I run back over to him...
I yell "DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN"...
Then I walk away and spend the rest of yesterday in fear that he's gonna complain to my supervisor or manager or the mall administration...
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Just thinking back to my meltdown at the grocery store in 2009 and my meltdown at the library in 2011...
The Thrifty's incident is what made me go to my first meeting, and the library incident is what made me start going to meetings on a daily basis...
I was quick to blame both incidents on alcohol withdrawal... but I guess I was wrong...

This latest food court blow-up, I wasn't going through alcohol withdrawal...
And I can't blame it on the grocery store or the library... the problem is me...
Different place, different people, but same old me...

Now I know the grocery store incident and the library incident would have happened even without alcohol withdrawal...
And I've been drinking in moderation since 2014...
So now I know I'm definitely not an alcoholic...
So now I know I definitely shouldn't be going to meetings and saying that I am, when I know that I am not...

But the problem is, I can't leave my meetings...
I'm on the autism spectrum, and those meetings are the only thing that seem to work for me...
So I need to keep going to them...
And in order to keep going, I need to keep lying to the people at my meetings and saying that I am an alcoholic...
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Have a good day :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

RDL, almost all of us blow up occasionally, and someone being a jerk don't help.
It's good to hold your peace when at work, but sometimes it's going to come out. I hope the man thought about it, and went on his way put in his place, there is no real reason he should have started that with you from the sound.
I over the years went off on several people while at work, some bosses even, but i was calculated in my anger most the time, and controlled what I did, and said
You are working in the public so be ready for more, and maybe next time just pack up, and move to the next table. If someone is being a pain tell your boss, or a manager to deal with it, they get paid to deal with it not you.
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Good news, he didn't complain, I didn't get fired, or even warned.
But I have had to deal with a number of other people.

Someone complained that I took away their half eaten muffin that I thought they had abandoned.
A few people have complained that I took away their half empty water that I thought they had abandoned.
Someone got upset that when I was wiping the tables, little bits of water from the cloth were being flung on them.

Also, some lady falsely accused me of taking away her water and her wrap.
When she found out my coworker did it and not me, she didn't apologize to me.

So yeah, the people at the food court aren't always nicer than the people at the grocery store where I used to work...
I was contemplating quitting last week... but decided not to...
I'm gonna ride this job out all the way to the end...
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Also I'm here at the internet cafe downtown for half an hour.
There are still a number of computers here.
So it looks like it's not switching over to all karaoke or all Wi-Fi like I thought :)
RDL

HAPPY 2018!!!!!

Valentine's Day is coming :rose:

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.