Police Shootings, and abuse

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

A white guy came to the door with one also, hands up, but then flipped it down on the cops like a fool.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

If you ask me one cop needs fired here, and as for Walmart they have needed to go a long time ago now.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: September 10th, 2019, 2:59 pm If you ask me one cop needs fired here, and as for Walmart they have needed to go a long time ago now.
I am no fan of Walmart either but I suppose they do, as a private entity, retain the right to set policies while one is shopping in their stores... and can ban you from their stores should you not follow policy.

I don't see anything inherently wrong with this, I suppose... I run a small business, and would hate to be told who I have to accommodate, even if I feel it's not in my best interest to do so.

That said, while Walmart can issue a ban, and the Police can be called in to enforce that ban, it's not the cops job to lecture, dictate, or otherwise attempt to justify their policy, Walmart's policy, or any other policy.

It should be as simple as this: Walmart says no open carry in store, you break their rule, get banned, so in this case all the cops have to do is enforce the ban, explain why, and that's it. It's simple.

Your house, your rules, right? That is why, if I was a US Citizen, I wouldn't even bother with open carry, when in most States you have the easy option to carry concealed and avoid many of these issues... It's what I would do.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I don't disagree that Walmart has that right, but what good is it they do that when a shooter always goes to a gun free zone.
Just because people are paranoid someone has a gun in a holster, cops should not respond, there should not be seven of them sent, and if anything the cops should tell the person who called it's their right.
Walmart should have just asked him to leave instead of starting a situation that the sorry cop refered to blaming the gun owner.

Now for that Gestapo cop, he needs either fired, or demoted, and retrained.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Walmart, you should carry a gun there, this is why https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/coupl ... -security/

Couple Who Survived El Paso Shooting Sues Walmart Over Inadequate Security
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The stupid thing i can see with this is the cops caring a bit much about maybe lawsuits, and bad press.
The man soon as he charged should have been shot again when he got up, and started coming at them again.
Also the cop who was grabbed should have never let him that close, and shot him some more, he froze up.
Crazy, or not, bad press of not, kill the idiot.

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

They should have just tasered him immediately.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The cop who was grabbed was real lucky he walked away, I hope the department retrains him, or puts him doing paperwork duty.
Both need something, they will get themselves, and innocent people killed.
I think them walking backwards was a bad move to begin with, first mistake.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:36 pm They should have just tasered him immediately.
The guy was armed with a butcher's knife. Unfortunately tazers aren't reliable in such situations...
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: October 17th, 2019, 7:07 pm The cop who was grabbed was real lucky he walked away, I hope the department retrains him, or puts him doing paperwork duty.
The minute the perp got back up and charged the officers with the knife again even after being shot, should've equaled mag-dump time!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah, they should have, but the PR training failed them, and the one officer could be dead now.

Keep thinking what a few good beanbag rounds would have done to him, maybe took the breath out enough for him to drop the knife.
But someone like that would find a way to kill themselves regardless.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Shoot him on the leg..

You dont always have to shoot to kill.

Then have your partner taze him.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Then he can sue, and be on disability, being dead he can't sue. :laugh:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: October 18th, 2019, 3:11 am
Blue Frost wrote: October 17th, 2019, 7:07 pm The cop who was grabbed was real lucky he walked away, I hope the department retrains him, or puts him doing paperwork duty.
The minute the perp got back up and charged the officers with the knife again even after being shot, should've equaled mag-dump time!
It was a situation where a determined attacker is not stopped by a 9mm... :laugh:

You actually get to see just how fast some crazy jacked up fuck with a knife can close the distance on someone who is armed with a gun. This happens all too often.

The officer fired until the perp was down just as they are trained. How many rounds actually made their target and where?...Obviously not enough, obviously not where it counts.

The mistake was allowing the perp up after being shot. After going down, both officers should have made sure he was down either by physical restraint, taser or shooting him a second time as he tried to rise, clearly with the weapon still in hand.

As for some other idiotic comment that was made by our village idiot....like just "shoot him in the leg"...Well, that's an old dumbass comment made by zillions of idiots that have no idea what they are doing. The perp was obviously high and or for some reason, his adrenaline was thru the roof. I doubt he would have even noticed a leg wound from a weak ass 9mm; and that's not a jab at your precious caliber. In the state the perp was in, anything short of a shotgun blast to the leg probably wouldn't have registered in the perps nervous system.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

As for some other asshole comment that was made by our village asshole.. :laugh:

He might not feel anything but his leg will cease to function.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

We had a black man shot 17 times with 9mm by several officers, he lived till he got to the hospital.
The 9 will drill right through you at some range, same with a lot of rounds.
Shot placement, and the right round counts a lot.

All I can say for those officers is they had bad training, and or judgment, likely both.

Another story, in WW2 the Turks would be so high some 50cals would hit them, and they would keep coming so drugs are a major game changer.
Gurkhas also, watch it when you here the chanting they will get shot to pieces just to take you down.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I carry a 9mm, ball ammo, but 32 round mags :laugh:
I'm going to shoot you in the chest, I know one of the 32 rounds will hit a vital organ. and if not I have a good boomerang if it doesn't :laugh:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 1:47 pm As for some other asshole comment that was made by our village asshole.. :laugh:

Bullshit...So you think someone jacked up on drugs or adrenaline can't move or walk on a broken leg.... :laugh:

Unless the CNS registers the wound effect, limbs will still function. Drugs, adrenaline and other stimuli will block the wound effect for an extended and indeterminate period of time, enabling a person or animal to remain ambulatory.

Like I said,...village idiot....You have a lot to learn.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 1:58 pm
Odinson wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 1:47 pm As for some other asshole comment that was made by our village asshole.. :laugh:

Bullshit...So you think someone jacked up on drugs or adrenaline can't move or walk on a broken leg.... :laugh:

Like a said...village idiot....you have a lot to learn.
He wont be walking with a leg that doesnt have a bone to keep it from being jello... Maybe he can hop on one leg.

Of course... If you need the man to be completely immobilized, shoot him on the head..

In that video, the partner should have moved in from the side when the attacker was momentarily incapacitated... Take out his tazer and shoot the perp or just tackle him.

But your magic bullet that has all the stopping power in the world, doesnt exist within pistol parameters.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 1:51 pm We had a black man shot 17 times with 9mm by several officers, he lived till he got to the hospital.
The 9 will drill right through you at some range, same with a lot of rounds.
Shot placement, and the right round counts a lot.

All I can say for those officers is they had bad training, and or judgment, likely both.

Another story, in WW2 the Turks would be so high some 50cals would hit them, and they would keep coming so drugs are a major game changer.
Gurkhas also, watch it when you here the chanting they will get shot to pieces just to take you down.
Actually the way they handled a lot of the situation was well done. Their training was good up to a certian point. They led the perp away from the more populated area and out to the main road where backup was arriving...That was a good strategic call.

Where their training fell down was in neutralizing the perp. They obviously panicked and crumbled under the stress of the situation.....It happens a lot. The lack of action by the second officer as well as the backup, is what fucked up the situation. The officers should have resigned themselves that it was going to end messy and should have been better mentally prepared for it.

Unfortunately we are Monday morning quarterbacking this thing. It's easy to say that cops should be better trained or that they should automatically know what to do in a split second but that's not always the case....Police officers are human and being so are frequently flawed...It's "each to his or her own gifts" in times of extreme stress. There are a lot of cops out there that should not be cops and not because they are bad people, but because when the shit gets real, they just don't have the constitution for it.