Rocks

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Rocks

Ill bid $20 because it looks cool, and would make a great paperweight. :teehe:
I was hoping to know why they think it was from space, and where it was found.
Where it was found would tell a lot geologically speaking because you could see if any Volcano, or extinct one was around, or even hot springs.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

All I have to go by that this black diamond is from outer space is that it is being advertised as coming from outer space. Those involved in the selling of this outlandishly expensive rock didn’t give any details in this article how they came to this conclusion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It looks like they would have to have it tested for radioactive space dust, it's a big lawsuit maybe if not.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

A 170 karat pink diamond has been found in 🇦🇴. Apparently it’s the largest pink diamond found in the last three hundred years.
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/m ... -300-years

Australian miner Lucapa Diamond Co. announced it had unearthed a 170-carat pink diamond, believed to be the largest recovered in centuries.

Called the "Lulo Rose," the 170-carat pink Type IIa diamond was discovered at the Lulo mine in Angola's diamond-rich northeast and is the largest found in three hundred years.

The company said the diamond would be sold through an international tender conducted by Angolan state-owned diamond trading firm Sodiam.

For those wondering how much Lulo Rose could fetch. In 2017, a 59.6-carat pink diamond, dubbed "Pink Star," was sold for $71.2 million in Hong Kong.

The Angolan government welcomed the "historic" find:

"This record and spectacular pink diamond recovered from Lulo continues to showcase Angola as an important player on the world stage for diamond mining and demonstrates the potential and rewards for commitment and investment in our growing diamond mining industry," said Diamantino Azevedo, Angola's Minister of Mineral Resources, Petroleum, and Gas.

If Lulo Rose was cut and polished to realize its true value, the stone could lose over 50% of its weight. Even then, it would still be sold for a record-breaking price versus other pink diamonds.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh my little niece would love that, she loves pink stuff. :teehe:
I would bet if you could get closer to the core of the earth you would find house sized ones, or bigger.

You know I have found rocks like that when I used to collect them, but they are all gone now.
No telling what I had, and what some people find, and just toss away, or put in a drawer.