The stupid monkey thread

General talk, and discussion.
Mel Gibson

Re: The stupid monkey thread

Blue Frost wrote: January 30th, 2021, 2:19 pm Ford is an abusive place if you work in the car, or truck plants, most people get wore out over time, and injured.
When I hired in the life expectancy was two to four years after retirement.
There is some good jobs, but on the most part they are constantly trying to add work on you on already overloaded jobs.
It's too bad that what were once decent, middle class wage paying union jobs for the average Joe, are quickly disappearing... These large corporations make money by the dump truck load, but still want to slave drive their employees.

My Grandfather had it made at the grain elevator he worked at. While a different union than the Longshoreman, they were still somewhat affiliated because he worked the docks also, except just handling grain.

He told me at one point in time, the union members actually voted against a massive wage increase because they were making more than enough already! :laugh:

Those were the days!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I worked on lines that ran 95-105 trucks an hour on overloaded jobs, you race for 10-12 hours a day doing that.
We had good days when the lines broke down, it made for good breaks, but in the end they speed the lines up to catch up later, or the next few days.
Picking the right part to put in the trucks was the hard part for me.
I did have to remember 94 jobs though at the car plant since I was a utility worker though, I knew more jobs than any other person in the plant I was told.

When I was sent to the Truck plant I mostly painted trucks, it's when I was loaned out off my job that I got hurt.
They put me in a pit with trucks running overhead, and everyone there was short, and I was tall so I got hurt.
Doing limbo, and pull ups all night while twisting around ripped my back apart, and shoulder.
Ford's Rehab hurt my neck which really set things off, thanks to them I get migraines, and hurt every day now.

Enough about me, I don't know how many people I have been injured in that place, and people with life long issues.
My friend I still talk with from there is off work now, his knees are gone, his hands look like they have been in a meat grinder from surgeries, and he is sick all the time.
Hand issues are a major issue with Ford, mine just aches all the time thankfully.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I'm sry to hear that blue. When you think about people working for a car manufacturer you would think that they are so lucky, great place to work at, must be making big bucks, good benefits, they take care of you.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

There is good jobs in the plants, but usually you need seniority, or know someone, or related to someone.
I was a so excited, and happy to get the job, and worked hard because that's what I always did, but right off I was put on the hardest job in the department I was in.
It was a bid job nobody would bid on, and when I had a day off it took three people to fill it.
After some time I got lucky because they wanted to punish someone, and I got a utility job I bid on.
The utility job was not so bad, but I had some bad nights in the place on some jobs, some nights I pushed a broom, or did the odd repair.
It was really good working out in the yard, your own boss almost, I was actually in charge a few times over people.

I had it going good before they moved me to the Truck plant, it was a whole different place, and bosses schemed a lot against each other, and the workers.
No respect at all in that place.
I got the team leader job for a year, and quit that because baby sitting isn't my thing so back to the line I went, and got loaned out where I got hurt.
The worst is the Union, no help, and they actually made things harder.
i actually considered blowing the lot of them up in their hiding places I was treated so bad.
All I wanted was took care off so I could continue working, they just helped each other, and the useless bums that didn't come to work.

Enough about Ford though, with a good education nobody should consider working in a factory like that unless running it, and doing a specialty job that they want, and was educated for.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

The only jobs I was ever fired from, were union jobs. I never lasted very long in those as they were very political environments, and the old guard would always look for scapegoats to blame their mistakes on.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I got into it with a few over politics, usually politicians at the gate shaking hands I would not shake.
I got into them about my dues going to scumbag politicians also, our dues should not be going to politicians.
Once I thought I was going to be ganged up on, but they where afraid i would break their heads on the pavement because I stood my ground.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Residents struggled without water inside 500-unit Lougheed Village
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5903579

Goddard said she's witnessed people going to the bathroom in a nearby duck pond, while other residents draw buckets of water from the same pond to bring back up into their units.

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: That area of Burnaby is maybe 98% Chinese. Lots of money, but no brains.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I do hope they are filtering, and boiling that water.
personally I would go elsewhere, and get treated water from someplace with water. Luckily I know where I can get those 500 gallon tanks, and where a filling station is some 15 miles up the road.
ThatGuy
Special Member
Special Member

To be fair, the water they were scooping from the pond was probably used to flush their own toilets.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would hope that's what they are doing, but I would guess a few would see them, and think they are using it for ingestion, and drink it.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

One would hope. Then again, there are skads of people who bathe and drink water from rivers like the Mekong and Ganges. I saw a video from a young chinese girl about how the older people had a habit of licking their thumbs as they count out money to pay for some of the disgusting things they buy in the wet markets. Some people have no real sense of hygiene. There are also a very high percentage of people who never wash their hands, not even after they take a crap. Some of them even prepare food in restaurants. I used to wonder why there needs to be a sign in restaurant kitchens and bathrooms as a reminder, but some people really need to be told.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I used to see the Koreans do that licking finger thing a lot growing up, I guess they build up quite an immunity system.
Boy they could count the money fast though, very impressive watching them do it.

We had a guy at the distillery that never washed his hands, I got into it with him when we had a catered lunch one time about it.
Others complained about him, but didn't say anything to him, but I told him I want my food first, and he could wait.
The others looked surprised at me since I was a temp, but he backed down, and looked at everyone looking at him in disgust.

I have a friend also that is dirty, she got fired from a place because she wouldn't wash.
She never has ate at my house. :spit:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Beautiful. :teehe:

Looks painful though.

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Shit happens... :teehe:

But its never a good idea to do that by yourself.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: March 6th, 2021, 7:16 pm Beautiful. :teehe:

Looks painful though.

I didn't get flipped like that, but have done that as a little kid moving concrete for projects in a wheelbarrow.
Quite the mess when you dump the load in the grass, or on the pavement.
:think: I was about 6 years old though, and wasn't an adult so blame the adult for over filling the wheelbarrow on me. :teehe:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Odinson wrote: March 6th, 2021, 7:16 pm Beautiful. :teehe:

Looks painful though.

I used to work as a freight driver with trucks like that. Anyone with half a brain would make sure the heavy part of the load would go inward. After that, I have worked in warehouses as well as other places where there were no loading docks. Some of these truck drivers had to be coached to make sure the load didn't take a spill. More than a few times I would find myself shouting, "stop, stop, stop". At least this guy doesn't appear to be wearing sandals.