2019!!!!!

RDL

2019!!!!!

Tue Jan 1 - day off, surprising since my boss usually asks me to work statutory holidays... 9:30 meeting... 12pm meeting... 2:30 baroque concert at a church... internet cafe now... gonna brush teeth, take a shower, and go to a 7:30 or 8pm meeting...
Wed Jan 2 - family...
Thu Jan 3 - working...
Fri Jan 4 - working...
Sat Jan 5 - family including my niece...
Sun Jan 6 - working...

RDL

2019!!!!!

Prediction for 2019: won't be seeing much of my ex-girlfriend's annoying pothead boyfriend... he got fired from his job (in a different part of the same mall as my workplace) because they found out that he had a criminal record... apparently he's a druggie and a sex criminal who's been in and out of jail 300 times in the last 15 years... and my ex-girlfriend knows all this, and she doesn't care, because he got her hooked on pot and sex... they can have each other... whatever...
RDL

2019!!!!!

Prediction for 2019: 99.9% of the customers at work will be well-behaved and nice... unlike this rude lady on December 26 who lashed out at me for something my coworker did earlier that week... apparently my coworker came too close to her and sprayed the cloth with the stuff that we spray on the cloths before we wipe the tables... and apparently this rude lady was allergic to that stuff... and apparently she was still upset about it and took it out on me... but no one got yelled at... no one got sworn at... no one got the middle finger... no one got a punching gesture... a remarkable turnaround from how I used to be a decade ago...
RDL

2019!!!!!

Prediction for 2019: won't be hearing "Baby Its Cold Outside" in November/December 2019 on Canadian radio stations... CBC, Rogers, and Bell Media all banned that song from all their stations in November/December 2018... for fear of getting on the wrong side of the #MeToo movement... but luckily KAFE 104.1 Bellingham came through for those of us in Victoria :stars:
RDL

2019!!!!!

This one goes out to everyone involved in the #MeToo movement:

[video][/video]

One of the comments really stood out to me:
To the ones listening in after the 2018 "metoo" controversy that claimed this song is about ignoring a womans right to say no: Listen to the lyrics. The song is quite the opposite.

The woman wants to stay with the man, but she has to pretend she doesn't due to what other might think. "Maybe just one drink more", "maby just one sigarette more", and lots of references to what the father, brother aunt and other would think if she stayed. "I wish I knew how to break this spell", she's in love. "I ought to say no no no" because of others she feels she should but she doesn't. Even the "what's in this drink" is her building her defence, to other people she can say she was drunk if she spent the night.

It ends with both of them singing together It's cold outside, they agreed on the formal excuses and now she can do what she really wanted, spend the night with him. Not because he wants, but because she wants.

You have to be blind (or deaf) to think this is about a man abusing a woman. It's about a strong woman staying with a man in a time where society said she did not have that choice.
RDL

2019!!!!!

Gotta go :)

I really can't stay... baby it's cold outside... :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

2019!!!!!

RDL wrote: January 1st, 2019, 7:15 pm Prediction for 2019: 99.9% of the customers at work will be well-behaved and nice... unlike this rude lady on December 26 who lashed out at me for something my coworker did earlier that week... apparently my coworker came too close to her and sprayed the cloth with the stuff that we spray on the cloths before we wipe the tables... and apparently this rude lady was allergic to that stuff... and apparently she was still upset about it and took it out on me... but no one got yelled at... no one got sworn at... no one got the middle finger... no one got a punching gesture... a remarkable turnaround from how I used to be a decade ago...
Good luck with the nice stuff, people will have bad days, and bring it to you though like it's your fault.
For some reason they want to share the nasty, but refuses to share the good with you.
Happy New Year, enjoy what you can while you can :howdy:

Remember what ever issue they have, and your not at fault just walk away, and let them stew in their own misery.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
RDL

2019!!!!!

Thu Jan 3 - developed a sore throat partway through my shift, but worked the whole shift anyway...
Fri Jan 4 - sore throat continued, but worked the whole shift anyway...
Sat Jan 5 - just showed up at my parents' house despite having a cold... didn't want to let them know in advance that I had a cold, lest they prevent me from coming over... anyway, it turns out that a couple of family members were already just getting over a cold... so if the other four family members get a cold, it's not necessarily from me...
Sun Jan 6 - called in sick... 11am meeting, 12:30 meeting, 2:30 meeting, 4:30 church service...
Mon Jan 7 - called in sick... 12pm meeting, bus ride along the scenic route, internet cafe... and maybe 7pm meeting...
Tue Jan 8 - meetings at 12pm, 5:30, and 7:30 or 8pm...
Wed Jan 9 - family...
Thu Jan 10 - working...
Fri Jan 11 - working...
Sat Jan 12 - working...
Sun Jan 13 - working...
RDL

2019!!!!!

I noticed that the video icon has been replaced with a new media icon... let's test it out...

RDL

2019!!!!!

Gotta go :)

I really can't stay... baby it's cold outside... :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

2019!!!!!

Cute video :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
RDL

2019!!!!!

Thu Jan 10 - called in sick...
Fri Jan 11 - back at work...
Jan 12, 13, 14 - worked...
Tue Jan 15 - day off... was hungover from the previous night's bottle of barley wine... alcohol I can handle, but I'm pretty sure that barley wine had lactose in it, based on its flavor, which was kinda chocolaty... so I didn't go to the bank and make a withdrawal... so I couldn't come to the internet cafe... instead I went to 9:30 and 12pm meetings, then listened to the radio, then went to 8pm meeting...
Wed Jan 16 - family...
Thu Jan 17 - worked...
RDL

2019!!!!!

Fri Jan 18 - worked... and went to a goodbye luncheon for my boss, who's moving away for another job... we all ate sandwiches and made lovely speeches... when it was my turn to talk, I mentioned how things didn't end well at the grocery store job in 2010, and how I finally ended up at the food court job (at the same mall as the grocery store job) in 2017... I thanked him for giving me my life back... a monumental moment indeed...
RDL

2019!!!!!

Sat Jan 18 - worked... and had to deal with three (possibly drunk) indigenous coworkers not showing up... and on Saturday of all days... the day when it's always hellishly busy... hopefully the new boss will not tolerate their (possibly drunken) absences...
RDL

2019!!!!!

Sun Jan 20 - worked... went to 6pm meeting... saw some, but not all, of the lunar eclipse... I didn't see it get blood red... all I saw was grey with a hint of red... a very subtle shade of red indeed... very disappointing... although not the worst thing that happened that night... there was a problem with the chain on my toilet... the chain itself is not broken, but the thing it attaches to is broken... so I had to rush out to the drugstore to buy latex gloves so I can reach into the toilet tank and lift the rubber thing after each bowel movement... I intend to have my landlady get someone to fix it, but not until I do a really really good job cleaning my bathroom... I don't wanna get evicted, and I don't wanna have my landlady snitch to my dad again...
RDL

2019!!!!!

Mon Jan 21 - too busy to clean my apartment... 9:30 meeting, work, 7pm meeting, 8pm meeting... saw my ex-girlfriend's boyfriend on the bus at 9am... he promised me that he and my ex-girlfriend are no longer together and that she moved off the island... yet, by 6pm, there she was, right as I was headed to the bus stop... already moved back to the island... so predictable...
RDL

2019!!!!!

Tue Jan 22 - woke up late... breakfast... buses around town... 11am coffee... 12pm meeting... lunch... brushed teeth... shower... laundry... bought laundry detergent... bought more latex gloves... needed to come here to the internet and check in... then gonna have dinner... then we'll see if I go back home and clean my bathroom... or head to a 6pm meeting way out west...
Wed Jan 23 - family...
Thu Jan 24 - work...
Fri Jan 25 - work...
Sat Jan 26 - work...
Sun Jan 27 - work...
Mel Gibson

2019!!!!!

RDL wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 7:23 pm I mentioned how things didn't end well at the grocery store job in 2010
I vaguely remember this! (nine years pass and memories can fade)...

Didn't you flip out at the customer, throw their bags of groceries all over the place, create a disturbance, and then storm outta there? :cool:
RDL

2019!!!!!

Mel Gibson wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 10:58 pm
RDL wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 7:23 pm I mentioned how things didn't end well at the grocery store job in 2010
I vaguely remember this! (nine years pass and memories can fade)...

Didn't you flip out at the customer, throw their bags of groceries all over the place, create a disturbance, and then storm outta there? :cool:
Not exactly... first incident was July 2009, said fuck you, gave her a middle finger, gave her a punching gesture... second incident was February 2010, just me letting out a few quiet curse words in the parking lot, then telling the floral manager and a front end supervisor that if they went to the front end manager and if she went to head office, there would be consequences... third incident was April 2010, a cashier sent me to get a new box of cookies because the customer discovered that they were opened, and somehow I hurt my back along the way (trying to squeeze past a shopping cart that was put in an empty aisle to prevent customers from sneaking out with stuff), then the cashier told me that she made a mistake, the customer opened the box of cookies, and all I did that time was raise my voice slightly... talking to the cashier like a supervisor would... so really that third incident was not truly a reportable incident... and the second incident they were out to get me too... but the first incident was a real incident... but I'm sure there was some other stuff that never got reported to head office that should have been reported to head office... so yeah I guess I wasn't cut out for a hoity-toity place like that...

What you're saying about me throwing bags of groceries all over the place is not the worst slanderous thing people online have said about me... I've had people online say I hit people at the grocery store when I know that I did not... I've had people online say I was drunk all the time, when I know for a fact that I was 2 days sober in the July 2009 incident, 4 months sober in the February 2010 incident, and 6 months sober in the April 2010 incident... so yeah, go ahead, say what you want...
RDL

2019!!!!!

Mon Jan 28 - worked...
Tue Jan 29 - day off... will I get around to cleaning my bathroom... or will I get that bloodwork done... stay tuned...
Wed Jan 30 - family...
Jan 31, Feb 1, 2, 3 - working...

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.