Canadian/US phenomenon of working ourselves to death...

General talk, and discussion.
Mel Gibson

I don't think this problem is quite as prevalent in the rest of the Western world as it is in these two countries.

Here is an example... On Thursday I have to take the day off, since in this Province multi-unit dwellings have to have their smoke detectors tested once a year. They just spray something under it, and it only takes them a few seconds, but nonetheless I have to be here to let them in. This test is not 'optional.' It is required by law, and under the Fire Marshal Act I cannot refuse entry for this test. Eventually the Fire Marshal would come with the cops, I'm sure, if you refused entry too many times. Fire Marshal doesn't need a warrant for entry into any building, be it condo, detached house, business, etc. They have the right to enter and inspect any building.

The strata chooses the day this is done, and it's always during the week. If I am not here to let them in, I will have to personally pay the testing guys to come back at a later date, which is something that I don't want to do.

Customer is already crying that he needs me on Thursday. First off, I'm not his fucking employee, but said that I can be there if he is willing to pay for my smoke alarm re-test. Of course he doesn't want to do that either.

It's a simple matter of me needing to be home that day, and I will be home that day. I don't want to fucking argue about it. I haven't taken a vacation in 2 1/2 fucking years, so fuck off with this making me feel guilty bullshit about one fucking day.

I'm not so sure Europe has the same mentality as Canada/USA does in this regard, where needing to take one fucking day off is some kind of horrendous request, and how dare I even think about doing such a bad thing... :wacko:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Who do you think have been paying for Euros days off since WW2, we have since they seemingly can't protect themselves.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

The hotdog cart guy doesn't work himself to death. When it rains he's not there. When he needs to Netflix and chill he's not there.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

It that way in any condo do townhouse setting. Its mandatory where I live too or else you also to pay for them to come back. I allow my landlord to enter my unit and do the testing.
Mel Gibson

Berry Sweet wrote: February 4th, 2019, 10:54 pm I allow my landlord to enter my unit and do the testing.
Is that even allowed? I didn't think the owner of a unit could do his own testing, unless he was certified in some way...

I looked into the possibilities of just testing my own alarm, and it appeared that the 'pros' have to come in and do it...

It's not hard to do... They just spray a quick spritz of some shit out of a spray can under it, and if it 'detects,' test is complete! Takes them five seconds to do.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

No...the fire dudes come to do the testing...but my land lord opens the door to my place and let's them in while being present.

If I'm not at work during the day, then I like to be out doing something....I for the life of me can not be waiting around at home...it would drive me mental.
Mel Gibson

OK. That makes more sense. I'm of the impression that owners cannot test, but only the pros can.

It's a fucking pain in the ass, as it doesn't appear that they can come on the weekends, so I have to stay home and miss a day of work. I don't care to know my neighbours well enough to trust them with a key to my place...

At least it's just once a year.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Yeah I know...its like waiting for the cable guy....he'll be there sometime between 8am-6pm....stupid.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 4th, 2019, 10:12 pm Who do you think have been paying for Euros days off since WW2, we have since they seemingly can't protect themselves.
Germany fares well against the USA in terms of economic power..

Even though Germany is the size of a flyspeck compared to the USA and only has 1/4 of the population..

I´m just saying that there are other ways to handle this and working a guy into a burnout wreck is just one of them.

Giving a guy one day off instead of working him at 25% capacity for the whole week..

And USA has this unnecessary hierarchy at the work place where the little boss, like an engineer, is not sitting at the same coffee table as the rest of the crew.. He is too fabulous for it. :teehe:
That also creates stress..

A german engineer is just one of the guys..
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Germany has been milking us more than most, of course they can have all the nice stuff.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: February 5th, 2019, 2:10 pm Germany has been milking us more than most, of course they can have all the nice stuff.
Actually, they really haven't.

Total 'foreign aid' to Germany from the US in 2018 has been $560,000, and from the Census Data I found, that went to cover US Military bases and related US Military programs that are based/stationed/run in Germany.

Canada got $35,000 from your taxpayers last year, and that seems to be for some kind of 'wildlife and habitat' management scheme, most seemingly implemented by Ducks Unlimited, but nonetheless US taxpayer funded. In contrast, you gave $150,000 to the UK for similar 'Environmental Protection Policy' purposes...

You want to see the list of who really is 'milking you more than most?' I can provide that!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That's just Aid, that's not counting Military support, and forgiven debts.
We shouldn't be giving any aid to them, we even gave China money, and it was borrowed from them to do so, :facepalm:
Mel Gibson

Germany doesn't need US 'Military support.' Please, trust me on that one... :laugh:

Whatever debts Germany had to pay, they paid them in full a long time ago.

China is a whole other 'issue'...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Germany never paid it's debts, and I think the first world war they shouldn't have had to pay so much.
The second war they should, have paid, but never did pay it off, we forgave most the debt.
They have took advantage of us with military, but we let them. They get to have a much smaller one thanks to us there, and being they are quite a lot like Frogs anymore I bet they would even run like them, and blame America for one they started.
Mel Gibson

So, Germany still has 'debts to pay' Blue...

When will you personally be giving a large monetary donation to the Native Indians for stealing their land?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh:
I'm part Indian, so I have no debt for that.
I want reparations for so many things now, give me the money.
Speaking of, my Viking frog ancestry owned an island off the Frog coast, maybe I should demand it back, and rent for the last 300 years. :spit:
Mel Gibson

That's what I'm saying... Negroes here can't pull the same shit as they do in the US, 'cause we didn't 'enslave them'...

You did though, Blue... You enslaved them, because you wanted your cotton picked for cheap!

Man, we can't keep blaming... Germans make up the largest single group of US citizens, or at least they did up until recently!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I had two family members both brothers die freeing them, how about my reparations.
I have a thread on this by the way.
One, the first slave owners in the Americas was the natives, second the first legal American slave owner was a black man who went to government to say he wanted one.
So many Blacks owned slaves so which pays, and which don't get paid.
i'm sure most of us in history there family was slaves at one point, but none of us are slaves so why get paid.
Another thing, Whites where the ones that stopped slavery while many countries still do it including black ones.
Mel Gibson

I know!

We all should (or would) know!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I like how Libya opened up the slave markets again soon as Hillary, and Obama opened the way for them.
You can get one for as little as $400.
I don't here anyone crying about that, or trying to stop it.

personally I think we should step in, and stop it, but then again the Democrats should be sent over that made that mess as slaves along with the supporting Republicans that did.