...Music Time

General talk, and discussion.
Yong Jessie

Re: ...Music Time

ok good for you to heard of him.

But have you heard about this OVERLY abused evil of music its name is called AUTOTUNE.
I can tell sometimes. And a very good song everyone would like as big talent to sing it. Gotye the last half of first autotune video.
Everybody thinks cause its so well sung it must be AUTOTUNED. but its not see the computer screen of it.

There is very much to this masterpiece. Its a WORLD song influenced from all over the world. And song structure not at all typical.

And here is the masterpiece.

Yong Jessie

Some reason i then thought of this one from Australia she has a really amazing voice. No need for autotune here. I think did win some awards too.

Yong Jessie

While thinking of Australia these came to mind. There are very many Aborginal bands in Australia but not as famous some say hes overrated as Yothu Yindi. I very much like the chorus is it what a challenge to try to sing this as i have tried unsuccessfully.

Yong Jessie

Next one similarly ugly but a great voice. When i was in Malaysia if you want to look like you are not a tourist start talking about the Alleys Cats. Very famous with many reasons you dont know why. This singer has died in 2007 at age just 54. Music can bring people together and if know anything about Malaysia you will know there are 3 cultures Malay and Chinese and Indian. But not at all do they mix. Actaully the Malays are the most no outsider allowed of the 3 in Malaysia.

So what makes anything from the Alley Cats a very big deal then?

Its a Indian Malay singing in Malay and was very liked by Malays and would go and listen to him perform. A very important thing in Malaysia the 3 different separate countries in a country.

I should start on Cambodia there are such people there too just mention there names that only locals know. You tell locals stuff like this you will be treated a whole lot different than a clueless tourist.

They both amazing vocals listen them both.

You can tell by the music whats its about already i hope as i did even without knowing the language.

But here it is the first song

READ ALL THE LYRICS IS INTERESTING TAKE ON LIFE WITH THE SOMEONE YOU ARE WITH BUT SORT OF TRUE.

Suppose that I go First

* Suppose that I go first before you
Please don't be sad
Suppose that I am no longer at your side
Please don't seclude yourself
Remember the good times
During you and me
Loving under the blue sky
At the time our love was cohesive

Suppose that you go before me
I will be living in sadness
Suppose that you are no longer by my side
I will be disappointed
I believe that you will always be by my side
Even though your body is absent
No matter where you are
My love for you will never change

**On oak tree I carve out whispers of love
The moon smiles and shines
Leaves falling softly upon your hairs
Seize this precious atmosphere
Here with the witness of moon I promise you
Suppose that I go before you
If I go first
I will wait for you at the gate of heaven

Repeat *, **,*

Oh and for those on the board that want to lean a language the bloody easiest way is listen to something memorable like this and repeat and repeat and repeat. A great way to get down the correct pronaction which is actually the hardest part of learning a new language. And even with script for you.

YOU DONT LEARN A LANGUAGE YOU ABSORB IT.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I’ve been to Malaysian Borneo and I found the Chinese weren’t alarmed that I speak Chinese like they are in Canada. I assumed that in Malaysia this is probably because I’m just passing by and not a citizen of the country that they are trying to take over. I don’t know much about the indians but it does appear that they have a similar operation going however you can have genuine Indian friends. I have never seen Polynesians that are not accepting of outside cultures but perhaps the indians and Chinese look down on them and don’t want to be looked at as lower class by being seen associating with Malays. An Indonesian friend enjoyed being treated like she was less than human in Hong Kong but in Macao she was treated like a human being. In Canada I do believe that Filipino like being treated as equals.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yong Jessie wrote: August 25th, 2023, 4:58 am ok good for you to heard of him.

But have you heard about this OVERLY abused evil of music its name is called AUTOTUNE.
I can tell sometimes. And a very good song everyone would like as big talent to sing it. Gotye the last half of first autotune video.
Everybody thinks cause its so well sung it must be AUTOTUNED. but its not see the computer screen of it.

There is very much to this masterpiece. Its a WORLD song influenced from all over the world. And song structure not at all typical.

I love the song, and video of that as strange as the video was.
I have posted it maybe a few times myself.
The song relies more on vocal than the music behind it, that's usually a good sign of talent in my opinion.
Many tunes you here people sing while alone doesn't need the music behind it, and those songs are remembered more.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yong Jessie wrote: August 25th, 2023, 5:28 am While thinking of Australia these came to mind. There are very many Aborginal bands in Australia but not as famous some say hes overrated as Yothu Yindi. I very much like the chorus is it what a challenge to try to sing this as i have tried unsuccessfully.

Interestingly I have seen him before also, and thought his sound music was a lot like Duran Duran.
Duran Duran I'm not sure who came first of them, but they might have influenced one, or the other.

As for Allycats, never seen them, and those videos I really don't like other than the music, his voice isn't good in my opinion.

The sad part here in the US is his looks alone wouldn't get him famous even if he was good.

I was into some Punjabi, and Indian music years back, and this poster from India got mad at me once for criticizing the shrill voice of a lot of the singers.
He at once thought I was just racist, but I then posted some I really liked, and he warmed up to me some.
He called himself Madboy, I really miss him for his post, and I would call friendship.
Music can bring people closer I agree very much, but lets all agree if we can if some music just isn't good for some of us.
It's like the two woman Katajjaq, that annoys me, but the one changing it up some with a smile made it much better., made me laugh really.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Yong Jessie

[/quote]

yes its a masterpiece alright. the interesting things is when you look into it deeply the artist didnt just get lucky. but a very much thought out complex piece of work which will lead into the next masterpiece well you posted it first but i can comment on

I love the song, and video of that as strange as the video was.
I have posted it maybe a few times myself.
The song relies more on vocal than the music behind it, that's usually a good sign of talent in my opinion.
Many tunes you here people sing while alone doesn't need the music behind it, and those songs are remembered more.
[/quote]
Yong Jessie

Gary Oak wrote: August 25th, 2023, 11:08 am I’ve been to Malaysian Borneo and I found the Chinese weren’t alarmed that I speak Chinese like they are in Canada. I assumed that in Malaysia this is probably because I’m just passing by and not a citizen of the country that they are trying to take over. I don’t know much about the indians but it does appear that they have a similar operation going however you can have genuine Indian friends. I have never seen Polynesians that are not accepting of outside cultures but perhaps the indians and Chinese look down on them and don’t want to be looked at as lower class by being seen associating with Malays. An Indonesian friend enjoyed being treated like she was less than human in Hong Kong but in Macao she was treated like a human being. In Canada I do believe that Filipino like being treated as equals.
Been all over Malaysia. Biggest thing to keep in mind is MALAYSIA IS 3 COUNTRIES NOT 1. Malay, Indian, Chinese they not at all mix ever minus this case which is why Alley Cats a really big deal in Malaysia. I dare you go and try and find one person in Malaysia that never heard of them.

The Chinese in Malaysia still can speak mostly Teochew dialect ditto for Chinese in Singapore and in Thailand if can at all and many still can read Chinese. Whereas in Thailand they were even forced to take on Thai names and very few can speak any Chinese let alone read it. And have intergrated more than in Malaysia. When i was in Malaysia very many Chinese Malaysians had converted to Islam as you must to get any good job. And many wanted to go and live in Singapore as Malaysia is heavily rigged towards the Malay. But Singapore that also has all 3 peoples is heavily rigged towards the Chinese
Yong Jessie

Blue Frost wrote: ↑May 22nd, 2012, 10:27 am

As i said in last post. A Masterpiece like your Tubular Bells WAS NO ACCIDENT or just got lucky
look how complex this song is and uses what 10 different instruments i think most of which
Mike Oldfield played.

This is part 1 but same same really story.

This is rocket science as most music is in 4/4 time. But this little figure at the beginning is in 15/8. It's like a puzzle with a little bit missing. That's why it ingrains in your brain. You know something is not quite right but what?
And to mention this the very same reason why was the theme music for the Exorcist. That little bit missing everything is not quite right.

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/mike-ol ... lls-part-1
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Good article on it, I have been listening to his stuff a long time now, since it came out I guess.
He has changed it many times, but it's just got better with new equipment, and tech.
You have to wonder how the old masters would have upgraded their own works if alive today.
Yong Jessie

I did mention Malaysia if theres one band everyone heard of and you dont want to be the clueless wonder tourist its the Alleycats.
Well for many countries there are one such everyone knows all about them minus the clueless wonder tourist. So is also true for Cambodia
and Sinn Sisamouth. Like everywhere you go in Cambodia you can instantly recognize his voice. His music still played today.
Was quite something what the the Khmer Rouge did as there agricultural revolution meant killing anyone educated that even spoke a foreign
language or wore glasses and all of the people of the arts.
So as he was the top music artist at the time him too killed.
But it gets worse apparently he was even made to sing the Cambodian national anthem before while they killed him.
If you notice in 2nd video at the top in loving memory of all the singers actors actresses rip.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I never can put together how the Khmer Rouge thought it was a good idea to kill off the smartest, and best in the country, and put the unfit into fields.
My idea is the CIA helped them into power so they could expand their drug trade.
Yong Jessie

Well i can put it together why they did it. Its selfish and in there best interests not the interests of population.
You didnt know it was a agarin revolution. That sent everyone back to fields to work. All marched out of Phnom Penh en masse.
The tore up the Riel currency it was day ZERO. There was no money. Everyone was to be a peasant farmer that anyone with a brain seen
might revolt to it.

This is acatully also the Thai model as why there is no education system they want to keep the population stupid. As stupid people arent a danger to them. And the elites stay on top.
Yong Jessie

I like many different music genres some sure not this group would like. BUT can see the who not like this. A masterpiece from France.

While i am at another one from top French singer both born in 1984.

Alizée

Listened to many of her songs i like this live version the best.
She is from Corsica that is big Island quite far away from France in the Mediterranean.

Yong Jessie

This another one from Indila only had 1 BILLION VIEWS. Not bad for a song not written in English.

And while at it why not another one from Alizée

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I believe Indila - Love Story was on an Anime I watched, or maybe not :think: It sounds familiar, and i have seen her before.
Well anyway cute brunettes all of them

As for the Khmer Rouge, the CIA was in country, might have been to keep them from Joining in the Vietnam war, but the main thing they where concerned with was Opium.
I would guess they had a deal with them to help grow the stuff, and what better way than a captive peoples.
Either way killing off the brightest is never good if you can have them onboard with them.
But anyone in power usually thinks they are the brightest.

The photos, and videos are burned into my mind since I was a kid, the hunting ghost of the past.
Everyone needs to have them in their minds so they wont visit the present like it likely will in the near future.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I’ve seen Alize before. She’s absolutely gorgeous.
Yong Jessie

you have have you
yes i agree. she likes the complete package. personality, french voice, good dancing. slim body, face nice
that first video of her about 9.8 / 10 id say the performance. can never be perfect but this about so. also another stellar performer is shakira a few of her videos close to this as well the complete package.

like a natural beauty not the plastic surgery big breasted way way too maked up.
unfortunately not want to ruin this but that was 20 years ago she abit on the fat side and voice not as good now too. maybe she had a baby or something.
Yong Jessie

A TALE OF TWO CITIES

first the original that black girl in this group killed herself at age 25 and there is one filipina in the group. She does NOT look as pretty as this its makeup as seen her in other videos. but her in this yes.

and onto something i found genius level below like a 10/10. you know its masterpiece when you watch it repeatly and you still have a chuckle to yourself and never tire of watching it.