Happy Valentine's day

General talk, and discussion.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Happy Valentine's day

I went into the Starbucks to buy a coffee. She was working. Didn't see me. She looked tired.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Valentine's day

Happy VD to you :)
I'm eating some chocolates right now someone got me :woot:
I hope it was good for you.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Happy Valentine's day

Chocolate is good. I just worked. Pay day tomorrow. $830 commission. I spend my valentine with my dog. She loves me. Too many treats for her.
Mel Gibson

Happy Valentine's day

$18.2 billion spent in the US on Valentines day (2017), according to the National Retail Federation. That's an average of $136.57 per person!

Some of that figure includes:

$4.3 billion on jewelry.
$2 billion on flowers.
$1.7 billion is spent on candy.
$1 billion on cards.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Happy Valentine's day

Mel Gibson wrote: February 14th, 2019, 9:35 pm $18.2 billion spent in the US on Valentines day (2017), according to the National Retail Federation. That's an average of $136.57 per person!

Some of that figure includes:

$4.3 billion on jewelry.
$2 billion on flowers.
$1.7 billion is spent on candy.
$1 billion on cards.
Did you get Renee that pink cord?

You know italian chicks love that kind of thing.
Mel Gibson

Happy Valentine's day

Odinson wrote: February 14th, 2019, 11:05 pm Did you get Renee that pink cord?
I'm not so sure she'd be too crazy about a pink cord, as she'd probably be much happier with a setup like this!:

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Happy Valentine's day

Mel Gibson wrote: February 14th, 2019, 11:15 pm
I'm not so sure she'd be too crazy about a pink cord, as she'd probably be much happier with a setup like this!:

Do you have that?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Valentine's day

Bump your head on that in the middle of the night, and have a heavy gun pop out onto your nose.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Happy Valentine's day

Mel Gibson wrote: February 14th, 2019, 11:15 pm

No need, I already have a bed safe with a bio-lock.

I got flowers from a creepy, and somewhat bizarre person at work yesterday..... So I'm full up on gifts from crazy people right now.... :kez:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

Happy Valentine's day

That reminds me... I've been meaning to get a small pistol safe, but I want one with a Simplex mechanical push-button combination lock... Must be Simplex.
Mel Gibson

Happy Valentine's day

Pictured below is the compact pistol drawer safe I've been eyeballing for quite some time... Lightweight and small enough to fit inside bedside drawer, made in USA, and will satisfy this country's safe handgun storage regulations... Could even open this up in complete darkness.

The V-Line compact pistol drawer safe... Simplex lock is mechanical, and they generally will just not fail. Enjoy your biometric safe not opening up, Renee, either due to dead battery or a scratch on your fingertip! Then the Negroes will be able to have their way with all three of your holes, but something tells me that judging from your past 'indiscretions', you may not mind that at all... :wink:

Mel Gibson

Happy Valentine's day

Odinson wrote: February 15th, 2019, 11:50 am Do you have that?
No. Not that it would ever really be an issue where I live (no kids here), but a set-up like that could be viewed as non-secure storage in this country, if god forbid anything did happen and I needed to grab a gun and use it... The quickest way to have access to a firearm, while still storing it legally, would be with a drawer safe like the one pictured above. You'd keep the magazine loaded and in the safe with the gun, but not inserted into the mag well until needed. This would be the quickest way to have access, while still being in full compliance with all storage laws.
Blue Frost wrote: February 15th, 2019, 1:04 pm Bump your head on that in the middle of the night, and have a heavy gun pop out onto your nose.
Plus this ^^^^!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Valentine's day

A little safe is only as good as it's bolted into a secure surface, otherwise a thief will carry it away.
You are suppose to bolt down a vault even.
Mel Gibson

Happy Valentine's day

Blue Frost wrote: February 15th, 2019, 7:56 pm A little safe is only as good as it's bolted into a secure surface, otherwise a thief will carry it away.
You are suppose to bolt down a vault even.
That's not really practical here for me to do that though... I could screw a floor safe into the wall studs, but again that would hinder easy access to a firearm, if that was ones intention... And all but the most sturdy (read expensive) floor safes still seem thin enough to me that a determined thief could probably pry them open!

Drawer safe permits quick access, and satisfies the storage laws... Quite a few gun owners in this country will secure a pistol in this manner.
Mel Gibson

Happy Valentine's day

For instance, the basic Stack-On safes which are very popular here, you give me five minutes and a crowbar, and I'll have that door popped open! :laugh:

I know, 'cause I used to own one!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Valentine's day

Easy grab though, people do it all the time.
I here of people with the car safes, but they don't chain, or bolt them in so they loose the safe, and gun.

Those Stack ons are no better than a locker at a school.
Mel Gibson

Happy Valentine's day

Blue Frost wrote: February 15th, 2019, 8:13 pm Those Stack ons are no better than a locker at a school.
I think they're even worse, actually! :laugh:

People like them because they are relatively cheap, light enough to position around by one person, will keep the kids away from the guns, and are satisfactory here regarding safe storage laws...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Valentine's day

Yeah some lockers where pretty tough :teehe:
I looked at those safes, and thought about getting one for the less important stuff I own like some paperwork, and computer stuff.
My guns are in a vault except the one with me most the time. I try to make sure I lock them all away if not here.
Mel Gibson

Happy Valentine's day

I've looked at some nice vaults, but they are terribly expensive, and terribly heavy! You'd have to hire professional movers to position one of those suckers!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Valentine's day

I want a bigger vault, but have no way of getting it here unless I hire a piano mover.
Most movers is unequipped to move one.
I had six guys move mine in, and they hardly did it, and stopped moving them after that even though hey sold them.