Legends

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Legends

I have thought about having a seperate thread for legends and legendary characters for some time.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Legends

John Wayne was a legendary actor and Wyatt Earp was a wild west legend. I never knew that John Wayne's on screen personality was an imitation of this real wild west legend.

Meeting Wyatt Earp Leaves a Lasting Impression on John Wayne

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Legends

Gary Oak wrote: March 18th, 2019, 6:51 pm John Wayne was a legendary actor and Wyatt Earp was a wild west legend. I never knew that John Wayne's on screen personality was an imitation of this real wild west legend.

Meeting Wyatt Earp Leaves a Lasting Impression on John Wayne

I had read about this before..It's my understanding that Marion Morrison (John Wayne) met Earp when he was a young stage hand. The two struck up a friendship and John Wayne used elements of Wyatt Earps personality in his early on screen characterizations.
fb19fba2-563a-4a0d-b4e2-c6458074b00f.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Legends

Slow easy, and level headed will keep you alive longer than brash, and unstable.
In war you learn to keep a level head under fire, or you die early, but if you can't hit your target you might as well give it up. :spit:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Legends

Was the first woodstock concert the most legendary music festival in history ?

Woodstock 1969 Documentary .m4v

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Legends

to bad someone didn't Napalm the place.
I got so tired of hearing of it by a few who where there.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Legends

I’ve never met anybody who was there but I think everybody has heard of that Woodstock concert.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Legends

A woman at Ford I worked with I think she was still high from it.
I worked with several, one brought in a scrap book, one man named Gerald I worked with he was pretty cool, and was a good friend to me.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Legends

The Fonz is a 70’s legend.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Legends

For being a shrimp he was cool :teehe:
It's funny he would have been beat to death in most places acting the way he did.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Legends

Of course he would have. He’s just a skinny five foot seven guy. Can you imagine all the laughter Henry Winkler, the rest of the cast, the script writers and the rest of the production crew had whenever they filmed his roles ? I watched Happy Days recently and watching this show from a much older age it is clear that the role of the Fonz was partly for fun. The kids thought that he was so cool but the humour was for the older viewers.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Legends

Muhammed Ali personality added a lot to his greatness. He was fun, he was witty he was funny and a nice guy. His speed and experience is unmatched before his layoff due to refusing to go to Vietnam. After the layoff he had to rely on his great ability to take a punch too much as he had lost an edge in speed. I am glad that they finished this video with the phantom punch in slow motion as in real life speed it looks like it was faked. You can see that at the split second of contact his right hand is in alignment with his right toes.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Legends

The Ali shuffle was part of the Ali legend. Someone that big moving like this is amazing.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He was pretty fluid on his moves, and amazing how he toyed with a lot of the very best boxers.
He could read another boxer like a comic book most the time, great technical, and tactical boxer.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Before Ali went to prison he had that extra edge in speed and reflexes that helped make him the incredible boxer that he was. He never really got any brain damage until after he got out of jail. His speech slowed as a result.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He got hit hard a lot of times, it takes it's toll over time.
Also the money he had we will never know if drugs was part of the reason for his illness.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The legend of Jack Hinson. The North got what they deserved. He survived, they never got him.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Deserving I don't know, but likely was, but slavery was wrong even if the norm for many.
The deserving part was thinking slavery was alright, the undeserving was the North had no right waging war over session.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Lewis Wetzel Frontier Hero…the Legend and the Dark Side
https://mariettaohio.org/lewis-wetzel-f ... dark-side/
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"