DATW is gone who's next?

Civil discussion, and self moderation appreciated :-)
Mel Gibson

DATW is gone who's next?

blinkie wrote: May 11th, 2019, 10:47 pm I remember registration being closed and there being a guest posting area as well. Not sure if I had an account.
Because Administrator was always absent, and none of the Mods had full access to the control panel (which was a complaint of mine), Admin thought that trying to restrict the forum to users would solve our inability to effectively fully moderate, while Admin pulled another one of his three-month long disappearing acts...

Mel Gibson

DATW is gone who's next?

rut roh wrote: May 11th, 2019, 11:09 pm DS seems to be having issues.
This seems to be the week of the forums going kaput! :laugh:

Those forums had virtually no traffic though, so I can see the owners eventually getting bored (or dying) and simply just pulling the plug, or lapsing the domain.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

DATW is gone who's next?

Mel Gibson wrote: May 11th, 2019, 10:07 pm
Blue Frost wrote: May 11th, 2019, 9:58 pm I remember him, that's sad to here :(
He lived a very unhealthy lifestyle his entire life, and combined with his morbid obesity, well... I think he knew he wasn't going to live to a ripe old age.
I know, he had a lot of issues, and asked for info a few times. I talked to him some, but not a lot.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

DATW is gone who's next?

Mel Gibson wrote: May 11th, 2019, 11:29 pm
rut roh wrote: May 11th, 2019, 11:09 pm DS seems to be having issues.
This seems to be the week of the forums going kaput! :laugh:

Those forums had virtually no traffic though, so I can see the owners eventually getting bored (or dying) and simply just pulling the plug, or lapsing the domain.
Hey you bastards, I'm still here. :laugh:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

DATW is gone who's next?

DS domain is registered for another year. DATW domain has lapsed.
Mel Gibson

DATW is gone who's next?

Blue Frost wrote: May 12th, 2019, 12:51 am I know, he had a lot of issues, and asked for info a few times. I talked to him some, but not a lot.
Now that he's dead, I don't feel as bad speaking about him...

He wasn't that old... 10 years older than me, but he did make many poor decisions in his younger years with the drink and the drugs. He did clean up later in life, but I'll assume he replaced one addiction with another: Food. I don't think he had a great upbringing, and it didn't seem like he had any contact with family.

He was barely mobile at the end, and as such was living on disability, as there was no way he could work. Disability for a single man in this Province is fuck all, so he was pretty much forced to live in an SRO (single room shithole) in the notorious Downtown Eastside of Vancouver, where I picked him up and dropped him off. It's a sad, depressing area, that is known the world over.

I owned a Ford Ranger at that time, and when I pulled up and saw him there, I kid you not I wasn't even sure if he was going to fit in my cab. I knew he was large, but he was morbidly obese... A good 475 lbs.

He won some coupons for Subway, so he treated me to a sub. Then we went to a coffee house where we drank coffee and smoked cigs. When I'm sober, I'm not the most outgoing guy with what was essentially a complete stranger, but it was OK.

His weight and mobility issues prevented him from really going anywhere, and he really just hardly fit in my Ranger. It's not like we could even really take a walk down the block or anything.

I could sense that he was a genuinely good guy, even though he had his fair share of issues. We all do though, don't we?

I knew he liked computers, so a couple of times when I upgraded a computer components of my own, I would send him the old component in the mail. They weren't worth much to me, but for someone living on the very edge of society like him, he seemed to appreciate the gesture. I didn't care if he used them, or sold them.

I don't think his story is necessarily unique, unfortunately... Kinda sad if anything. As I say though, if anything, he knew full well he wasn't in great physical shape. I don't think the last little while of constant hospital stays when his organs were starting to fail were fun for him, even though he didn't really complain that much about that, but the time for the Fat Man to R.I.P. had to finally come, and it did.

R.I.P. Devon/David.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

DATW is gone who's next?

I remember him trolling, and agitating people the most, he was quite good at that.
He was one a bit smarter than a lot of the trolls it seemed.
We had some good trolls back then, some with humor, and wit, what followed not so much.

I'm surprised he fit in a ranger also, that's a lot of weight/girth to fit in a small cab.
can't be good

DATW is gone who's next?

DS is back. So what's this post about.....There has been talk of uniting BC with VF and SG.

BC- banned
VF-account emasculated
SG-not a member
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

DATW is gone who's next?

I love the idea, just hope they all can get along, and together enough to put silly differences aside if they have any.

lol Banned, I should ban myself a while sometimes.
Posted a naughty pic one time on DV, Silent Hill nurse slapped my hand, but let me go. :spit:
Annoyed

DATW is gone who's next?

Blue Frost wrote: May 12th, 2019, 5:39 pm I love the idea, just hope they all can get along, and together enough to put silly differences aside if they have any.

Posted a naughty pic one time on DV, Silent Hill nurse slapped my hand, but let me go. :spit:
I was not so lucky on mb

The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
No actual nudity or objects made in the shape of private parts.

So you can't post pics of dildos now :angry:
They're making the rules up as they go along
who knows

DATW is gone who's next?

get the hammer ready
Mel Gibson

DATW is gone who's next?

Blue Frost wrote: May 12th, 2019, 1:12 pm I remember him trolling, and agitating people the most, he was quite good at that.
He was one a bit smarter than a lot of the trolls it seemed.
We had some good trolls back then, some with humor, and wit, what followed not so much.

I'm surprised he fit in a ranger also, that's a lot of weight/girth to fit in a small cab.
He was harmless... The issue between him and some of the forums 'powers that be' started behind the scenes when he was a Mod at Snitz DV. I don't know what exactly happened, but he did get drunk one night and started a thread entitled something like: "I'm gonna out you Mofo's", referring to the Mods and Admins, so there was some issue...

He leaned a bit to the left, but that's to be expected I guess, from someone that existed in the way that he did...

He barely fit into Ranger... :( I thought he might even break my seat, and I barely had room to row my shifter through the gears! He really belonged in the back of a van for transport. :(
Mel Gibson

DATW is gone who's next?

can't be good wrote: May 12th, 2019, 3:38 pm DS is back. So what's this post about.....There has been talk of uniting BC with VF and SG.

BC- banned
VF-account emasculated
SG-not a member
That will never happen. All three boards are run by a group of completely different individuals ideologically, and it would be chaos (although entertaining chaos) if it was even attempted.

What I've always suggested, if one wants to liven up an existing forum, is to get rid of all the god damned subs (Sorry Blue)... A forum with four posters doesn't need 20 god damned subs to water things down. It's a dumb idea, that takes away from the 'flow'... One main board for everything is all you really need, with maybe one secondary sub for shitposters, and no more. Forums appear 'busier' that way, and it simplifies posting ease too, both of which can actually attract more posts. Just simpler all around to navigate.

I'm shitcanned from BC and VF too, and SG is a god damned nuisance to register at... Forget my password, 'cause they require a 'Fort Knox style' pass strength, 'forgot my password' function doesn't function, and unable to register new account.

Christ, it's easier for me to sneak back onto a forum that I've been perma-shitcanned from, than it is to post there! :laugh:
Merge

DATW is gone who's next?

Mel Gibson wrote: May 12th, 2019, 7:45 pm
can't be good wrote: May 12th, 2019, 3:38 pm DS is back. So what's this post about.....There has been talk of uniting BC with VF and SG.

BC- banned
VF-account emasculated
SG-not a member
That will never happen. All three boards are run by a group of completely different individuals ideologically, and it would be chaos (although entertaining chaos) if it was even attempted.

What I've always suggested, if one wants to liven up an existing forum, is to get rid of all the god damned subs (Sorry Blue)... A forum with four posters doesn't need 20 god damned subs to water things down. It's a dumb idea, that takes away from the 'flow'... One main board for everything is all you really need, with maybe one secondary sub for shitposters, and no more. Forums appear 'busier' that way, and it simplifies posting ease too, both of which can actually attract more posts. Just simpler all around to navigate.

I'm shitcanned from BC and VF too, and SG is a god damned nuisance to register at... Forget my password, 'cause they require a 'Fort Knox style' pass strength, 'forgot my password' function doesn't function, and unable to register new account.

Christ, it's easier for me to sneak back onto a forum that I've been perma-shitcanned from, than it is to post there! :laugh:
Fash is all for it so it could happen especially as RW is not there, but not with SG flame forums are a different beast altogether and Bricktop, Herman and caskur would not want that as they are running scared of posters there
Mel Gibson

DATW is gone who's next?

Would never work. You have to remember why that forum was initially created in the first place! It was 'cause the Asians wanted their own forum. White people forum was cramping their style, so they created Asian forum.
Mel Gibson

DATW is gone who's next?

Being somewhat familiar with the workings of those forums, its posters, and also being somewhat familiar with what goes on behind the scenes too, it would fail I predict.

Nonetheless, it would be entertaining for me to watch! That would be about it. Since my perma-shitcan would stand anyhow, it would not affect me in the least as a poster though...
Merge

DATW is gone who's next?

There seems to be more aussie there now except dd after he was found out to be male by using a voice changer and hasn't been seen since
Mel Gibson

DATW is gone who's next?

I notice that. What happened over time, was the Asians were boring themselves to god damned death, so they kinda opened it up to whitey more freely than it used to be.

Remember, it's not because they like Whitey, it's because their forum would be dead without them.

Forums will often do that when traffic declines to a crawl... They start making exceptions where they would not be made before.

Either way, that place is such a clique-fest that it's cringeworthy. Anyone with a brain can see the bias in which they operate...
Mel Gibson

DATW is gone who's next?

Annoyed wrote: May 12th, 2019, 6:25 pm I was not so lucky on mb

The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.

They have always made the rules up as they went along, but only for certain posters. Some could get away with murder, others were arbitrarily shitcanned. It was one of the most frustrating experiences for me to deal with not only as a poster, but as a Mod too.

There was/is an expectation that all Mods would sorta be running on a general 'rule book' that would be kinda consistent with the forums stated TOS, so that rules are kinda applied at least somewhat equally and consistently. That was, and still is, my expectation, and I don't think that's an unrealistic expectation from anyone.

Good luck with expecting any such sort of order like that though... If they don't like you, the 'clique' will ban you for posting a Butterfly, 'cause they decided Butterfly's are bad that day.

I found it very frustrating to Mod with other people. I take a very Germanic approach, I guess we could say... These are the fucking rules, and we shall all enforce them equally under all conditions for all posters. Sure, sometimes you have to make a judgement call, and obviously not everyone is like a computer that will make the exact same decisions as another Mod will, but to be on the same level playing field is important.

Unfortunately not all take the 'Germanic' approach... The 'laissez faire' approach is all too common: "Our shitty, geriatric Clique likes you, and in an attempt to keep you posting here, we'll let you do whatever the fuck you want. In fact, we may even throw you the Mod keys, even though you shouldn't be Mod! Hell, we shouldn't even be Mods either, so welcome to the clique of 'Let's make up the rules as we go along' and hope nobody notices! We can jerk off each others egos in the Mod forum, post exactly what we want to on the board, and then talk about recipes in the private Mod forum while we make bad, arbitrary decisions while hassling posters that aren't breaking any rules! If one talks back, we'll get our collective clique power-trip on!"

That said, don't forget that more posters are "E-Friends" behind the scenes than you may think... I have generally avoided that, and do frown upon that practice as being too 'FaceBook'... If posters really do feel the need to suckle face closely with their online E-Friends, then they really should just take it to FaceBook...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

DATW is gone who's next?

Annoyed wrote: May 12th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Blue Frost wrote: May 12th, 2019, 5:39 pm I love the idea, just hope they all can get along, and together enough to put silly differences aside if they have any.

I was not so lucky on mb

Well my nude was art, and not even a real person, and was not even pg-13, but some people are critics. :teehe:
I really miss her, one of the cool creepy people of DV.

I would say dildos are the shape of private parts :wacko:

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.