I think I'm done here...

General talk, and discussion.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I think I'm done here...

Mel Gibson wrote: May 25th, 2019, 4:21 am Received a letter in the mail from Strata, complaining about my smoking on numerous occasions...

I've lived in my place here for over five years, and have never once had an issue with any of my neighbours.

A few of the newer ones have come to buy, and I know they probably complain...

Why the fuck do I remain here? I fucking hate everything that this shithole known as Vancouver has become, and since I have no family here, I wonder why I even stay.
Unfortunately Mel, the anti tobacco conditioning the human race has been subjected to is working all too well. It's a classic illustration of how easily humans can be manipulated by other supposed "smarter" humans with an agenda...Especially when things like controversial data be manipulated into very convincing arguments for or against a particular activity or institution....This is how wars and genocide get started.

The HiveMind now believes that ANYTHING concerning tobacco in ANY WAY is categorically evil, and 100% deadly to anyone and everyone who comes within a hundred yards of it. It has even gotten so absurd as to include baseless and frankly idiotic concepts like "3rd hand" smoke...Look it up.

Here's how that absurd, extreme conclusion came to be: Humans are slow moving, physically weak, have small teeth, and no claws. Since their inception the only way they survived was in groups. As a result, their social/tribal/grouping instinct evolved into a behavioral imperative right up there with food, shelter, and sex. For several million years to NOT be part of a tribe or group was a death sentence.

Then along came mass media, and soon after that so-called "social media". Technology that was not around during the first 99.99999999% of human evolution. The human brain doesn't care about how recently a given environmental factor came to be, though, it is hardwired to respond to certain things in a certain way, and it damn well WILL come hell or high water. And when one of those invoked imperatives is "going along to get along"---i.e. the tribal dynamic---and a given notion/idea takes hold among a critical mass OF the group, rationality and logic go out the window. No one wants to be shunned by the tribe.

It was not only a handy mechanism, it was an essential one. h. Sapiens literally owe their existence to it.

It sure is a pain in the ass of the MODERN world, though. "The Tribe says tobacco is categorically evil, and I want to be accepted by the tribe.... Therefore, I will join the movement!"

Worst of all there are those that just don't simply join the movement but they become the drum beaters, the flag carriers, the righteous warriors for the cause. These people are the worst of the worst. They are despotic, rigid, little authoritarians who think their rights supersede the rights of others based on the "common good"; with NO exceptions. They work very hard at trying to police the lives of others because it is easier than policing their own.

This is true not just for the anti smoking movement but for any sociopolitical cause aimed squarely at limiting individual liberty through social engineering. It is literally a societal cancer and it keeps millions of do-gooder drones occupied while distracting them from the truely important shit affecting their lives.

I say go ahead an move to the boondocks. Pitch a tent right next to RW's house...You and her husband can scrub the soiled sheets together in a communal wash tub and gossip like two old hens...

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think I'm done here...

I never minded smokers, but I do mind me smelling, and getting congested because of them, and I hate picking up after them.
It really angers me though people move in a smoking building, and then complains, they should be getting the eviction notice, or a deal with it notice.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I think I'm done here...

Blue Frost wrote: May 29th, 2019, 12:29 pm I never minded smokers, but I do mind me smelling, and getting congested because of them, and I hate picking up after them.
It really angers me though people move in a smoking building, and then complains, they should be getting the eviction notice, or a deal with it notice.
I'm a non smoker and always have been with the exception of some weed in my H.S. years. I do not enjoy the smell or taste of cigarettes or cigars. I especially do not like the way the odor clings to your clothes or how it makes the smoker's breath smell. BUT at the same time, I absolutely abhor fanatical, anti smoking, health nazis. Those types of people can go step off a curb and into the path of a speeding bus and the sooner the better. Ironically most of those types tend to be liberals as well, so it would be killing two bothersome birds with one stone.... :laugh:

I figure if you want to slowly kill yourself, by all means you should have the right to do so and I think it should apply to ALL legal addictions. Be it tobacco, alchohol, sex or food, it should be the individuals right to over indulge to the detriment of their own person...I just don't like the attitude that society is responsible for the costs incurred by your bad habits.

But unfortunately because of our safety nazi society, and the fact that our so called legislators love to enhance their PR image by kowtowing to do-gooder, special interest scum; we all do end up paying for it in some way.

BTW, one type of smoke I do not mind at all and it is very rare to find nowadays and that is the odor of pipe smoke. I actually adore the odor of some pipe tobaccos as they remind me of my grandfather and my childhood.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think I'm done here...

Some of the swisher sweets have a nice smell, and some of the pipe tobacco, but they are still bad for you, and get stale in a home.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

I think I'm done here...

I had to start smoking in the army..

A camel between my lips, smoking minigun on my hands... A muslim female choking on my big fat cock.

Its all part of the jäger sergeant image.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think I'm done here...

:facepalm:
Mel Gibson

I think I'm done here...

Renee wrote: May 29th, 2019, 2:01 pm I just don't like the attitude that society is responsible for the costs incurred by your bad habits.

But unfortunately because of our safety nazi society, and the fact that our so called legislators love to enhance their PR image by kowtowing to do-gooder, special interest scum; we all do end up paying for it in some way.

BTW, one type of smoke I do not mind at all and it is very rare to find nowadays and that is the odor of pipe smoke. I actually adore the odor of some pipe tobaccos as they remind me of my grandfather and my childhood.
Society doesn't pay a dime for any health related issues due to tobacco use. In most Western nations, tobacco is taxed at such a brutally high rate, that we have more than covered our brief hospital stay should we quickly die of cancer! In Canada, over one billion dollars is generated annually via tobacco taxes. That number will be much higher in the US, due to population.

And I agree with pipe... I loves me that sweet smell too!
Mel Gibson

I think I'm done here...

Renee wrote: May 29th, 2019, 11:49 am I say go ahead an move to the boondocks. Pitch a tent right next to RW's house...You and her husband can scrub the soiled sheets together in a communal wash tub and gossip like two old hens...
I'm sure she'd be absolutely thrilled to have me as a neighbour! :cool:

In all honesty, it's a nice area. At over 10,000 square miles, it's an area that's larger than 10 US States. It's population? 32,000. Demographics? 90% Euro White, 5% Injun, and remaining 5% a combo of from wherever. No Negroes at all.

Natural beauty, small town feel (biggest towns are around 10,000 population), and more down to Earth housing costs. I could buy a house on acreage there for what I could sell my condo for.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

I think I'm done here...

Blue Frost wrote: May 29th, 2019, 12:29 pm I never minded smokers, but I do mind me smelling, and getting congested because of them, and I hate picking up after them.
People are fuckin idiots today. Many people think everyone should bow to their commands and life style. It doesnt work that way. I smoke occassionally but the smell of smoke doesnt bother me...I get excited when I smell weed in public tho!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think I'm done here...

:laugh: Excited, um as in wanting to share some, and raid a fridge ? :laugh:
I grew up with smokers all around, and worked with some really bad ones, but around the time I retired I stay away from them because they contribute to my headaches, and stuff my head up.
At work i sit with a table full of them in meetings, and lunch, I dwelt with it.
I think people if they want to smoke feel free to do so, but I don't want to share in it anymore, and certainly don't want to clean up after them.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

I think I'm done here...

I just really like the smell of weed. I generally dont get munchies on weed until after I burn out, in most cases im sleeping before then...since I only smoke it at night.

Same thing goes for the ciggarette smoking...I did quit but I still have the occasional smokes here and there...I have too much on my plate right now and its hard, but eventually I will give it up for good. I like to have a morning coffee and a smoke, esp with the warm mornings right now, I like to sit outside (winter makes it easier cause its too cold). I rarely smoke out in public cause its a pain in the ass, I dont have time to ne walking to smoking sections and whatnot, its pointless...but if I do smoke on public I always put out my smoke and dispose of it in the garbage. I dont like just flicking it cause its bad for birds and other animals...another reason to quit in general...if people are going to smoke, flicking a butt IS littering and they should be fined...its not a right to just flick butts everywhere, its disgusting and too many people smoke...vaping is not much better...it might cut back on the butts but its worse on the lungs.
Mel Gibson

I think I'm done here...

There used to be a time when ashtrays were somewhat common in public (often incorporated into the top of trash bins), but sadly they've all but disappeared, so little wonder people toss their butts.

And if they eliminate those trash bins also, expect people to throw their trash on the ground also.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I think I'm done here...

Mel Gibson wrote: June 2nd, 2019, 4:55 pm There used to be a time when ashtrays were somewhat common in public (often incorporated into the top of trash bins), but sadly they've all but disappeared, so little wonder people toss their butts.

And if they eliminate those trash bins also, expect people to throw their trash on the ground also.
There used to be ashtrays in cars. I'm not even sure if my car has one at the back. The airplane bathrooms have ashtrays but there's no smoking on the plane.
Mel Gibson

I think I'm done here...

Most cars will now come with a circular ashtray that slips into one of the drink holders. I do believe it's an option, and not necessarily standard on new cars. My Ranger had, and Mustang has one, and the thing couldn't cost that much, even if you bought a genuine one from the dealer.
Mel Gibson

I think I'm done here...

It's too bad that Real Woman (like myself) is shit-canned from the other forums, and no longer posts, 'cause she might've come in handy to answer some questions about the Kootenays that I have, that could probably only be answered by someone that actually lives there...
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

I think I'm done here...

Are you talking about the Castlegar Nelson and Trail area? Theres a lot of Russians.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

I think I'm done here...

Business is a little down cause the damn project is done in Castlegar and many have left.

Castlegar sux. Nelson is nice. Trail smells and I dont like the town itself.
Mel Gibson

I think I'm done here...

Berry Sweet wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 4:53 am Are you talking about the Castlegar Nelson and Trail area? Theres a lot of Russians.
Berry Sweet wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 4:55 am Business is a little down cause the damn project is done in Castlegar and many have left.

Castlegar sux. Nelson is nice. Trail smells and I dont like the town itself.
Yes. West Kootenay's...

I know Nelson and Castlegar are only like a 30 minute drive apart, with Nelson being more expensive... Less bang for the buck. Trail has that smelter or whatever... I smoke, so air quality doesn't bother me, but maybe not the best choice in that area for the $$$.

Russians? Like new immigrant smelly Russians with their Eastern Euro backwards ways? Or long established Canadian Russians?
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I think I'm done here...

Mel Gibson wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 12:36 am It's too bad that Real Woman (like myself) is shit-canned from the other forums, and no longer posts, 'cause she might've come in handy to answer some questions about the Kootenays that I have, that could probably only be answered by someone that actually lives there...
Yes it is too bad.....Unlike moi,...you two clowns can't play well with others so you make yourselves into the proverbial turds in the punch bowl.

She probably knows everything you need to know. You should look her up. How hard can she be to find? There is only like 50 or 60 people living up there... :laugh:

In fact wasn't she like the third runner up for some boondocks beauty pageant in her younger years?....Miss Castlegar Tire and Auto, or some shit like that?.. :unsure:
Mel Gibson

I think I'm done here...

Sure Renee... Like you got along on the other forums with exquisite finesse... Hate Blob. :toung:

Who knows if Real Woman is even still alive? By the way she exaggerated things some days, one could think that half her body is already stuffed into the casket!