General talk, and discussion.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Check out what I just bought...

This place is far from Fraser Valley?

Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: August 17th, 2019, 9:15 pm This place is far from Fraser Valley?
About an eight hour drive. It's in the Kootenays...
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Mel Gibson wrote: August 17th, 2019, 9:20 pm
Reverse Flash wrote: August 17th, 2019, 9:15 pm This place is far from Fraser Valley?
About an eight hour drive. It's in the Kootenays...
I'll probably be out there in 20 years. All alone.
Mel Gibson

Ya, I anticipate a different vibe there. Living half my life in and around the big city, I think I have finally reached the point where I'm ready to live the other half a bit more peacefully.

On top of that, you'll find real estate deals there that one could only imagine here. They accepted my offer, which was well under asking price, and even the asking price was well under the BC Assessment value!

Just you try to find a deal like that here!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I just bought the property next to you Mel, I'm going to rent it to this nice black family of 30 that's on welfare, and wants to borrow your stuff. :woot: :woot: :woot:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

There goes the neighbourhood! :o

Actually, I don't think Blacks would be very comfortable in this area, since they'd be the only Blacks there and would stick out like a sore thumb!
Mel Gibson

These are the demographics of Nelson, which is the closest 'larger' town to where I'll be moving, about a 15 minute drive away:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh:
Well one thing, out like that you could borrow their stuff, or maybe get away with convincing them to move out.
I have a black family again next to me now, so far they have been quiet, and keeping the property up. That's all I can ask for in a neighbor.
The last one broke into my shed, and found flower pots, and some scrap wood, and pipes :scratch: don't know why they just didn't ask me if they could look in there, I would have let them have something. :laugh:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Hopefully I have decent neighbours that won't help themselves to my shit, because that would make me angry if they tried!

They best stay away from my shed, and hands off my rider Negroes!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Look over that property real good, and what your neighbors is using for their grass, that one might only be useful next to the house.
Mel Gibson

There's lots of options out there, but this John Deere looks like it should work without breaking the bank... It has the wider three-blade cutting deck, and snowblower can be attached.

As far as quality, I can't really comment if the newer John Deere's are good or not...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

A lot of mowers now are made by MTD, and people put a name on them, not sure about Deer.
I do know they have had trouble with some Engines brands they use like other have.
Mel Gibson

It appears they are using a Briggs & Stratton engine, at least in the model I posted above, and the tractor itself is actually assembled by John Deere in Greeneville, Tennessee...
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Mel Gibson wrote: August 16th, 2019, 10:16 pm
Odinson wrote: August 16th, 2019, 10:13 pm How big is the house and how old is it?
Including finished basement, 2880 sq/ft.

Built in 1995.
Big house to live by yourself. Find a woman?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Some models of the Brigs was on the list for issues, the California compliant engines where trash, a lot dying within a month of use.
I'm not sure the model number, but maybe look up on it, or I can ask my friend, he would know, and I would pass it along to you.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: August 17th, 2019, 11:18 pm
Mel Gibson wrote: August 16th, 2019, 10:16 pm
Odinson wrote: August 16th, 2019, 10:13 pm How big is the house and how old is it?
Including finished basement, 2880 sq/ft.

Built in 1995.
Big house to live by yourself. Find a woman?
LOL, find three, if they are arguing with each other they might now zero in on you. :laugh:
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: August 17th, 2019, 11:18 pm Big house to live by yourself. Find a woman?
I really don't need such a large house, but most homes in the area are 'full sized'...

Maybe I meet a decent woman up there! Because there sure as hell aren't any here!
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: August 17th, 2019, 11:19 pm Some models of the Brigs was on the list for issues, the California compliant engines where trash, a lot dying within a month of use.
I'm not sure the model number, but maybe look up on it, or I can ask my friend, he would know, and I would pass it along to you.
Unfortunately it looks like all their rider mowers are now 'California Compliant,' even though we don't need them to be up here...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think for at least two years they have known about the engines, not sure if they ever fixed them, but Ill ask my friend.
Some of the other engine brands had the same issues.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: August 17th, 2019, 11:25 pm I think for at least two years they have known about the engines, not sure if they ever fixed them, but Ill ask my friend.
Some of the other engine brands had the same issues.
Ok. This particular model has the Briggs 44N677 (M44) 22 HP 724cc Intek engine if that helps...