Mel I'm disappoint!

Civil discussion, and self moderation appreciated :-)
Mel Gibson

Re: Mel I'm disappoint!

I'd actually pay someone $100/hour to walk me through the setup, as this is not designed for people without programming knowledge.

Mel Gibson

Over, and over and over again I get the same warning message. EVERYTHING that I can delete for a fresh install has been deleted. There is nothing more that I can delete. Yet the same message, over and over again.

I have had it. I will cut my losses that I spent on domain name (might be able to resell it sometime down the road), will cut my losses on server, and simply be done with the frustration of dealing with something that is not set up to be user friendly in any way, shape, or form.

I tried, I did. But I can't get it to work.

Mel Gibson

As you can see, this isn't working:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: December 27th, 2019, 6:01 pm I've pretty well given up at this point. I have no idea what to do, how to do it, and there are no useful tutorials available. People that know these things are all horrible when it comes to explaining things, as their Assburgers gets in the way of explaining things clearly.
The provider should assist you Mel, message them, and just ask.
A lot of them do have paid help also if that's your thing.

I remember with this forum to begin with I spent two days just setting it up just to get online.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: December 27th, 2019, 7:02 pm Over, and over and over again I get the same warning message. EVERYTHING that I can delete for a fresh install has been deleted. There is nothing more that I can delete. Yet the same message, over and over again.

I have had it. I will cut my losses that I spent on domain name (might be able to resell it sometime down the road), will cut my losses on server, and simply be done with the frustration of dealing with something that is not set up to be user friendly in any way, shape, or form.

I tried, I did. But I can't get it to work.

Sounds like a configuration error, script, or something because I went through the same thing several times.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Another error. It's nice that it gives me so much info as to what that error could be.

I have officially given up. I have now spent hours upon hours to receive nothing but unknown errors, frustration, a waste of time, and a waste of money.

Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: December 27th, 2019, 7:20 pm Sounds like a configuration error, script, or something because I went through the same thing several times.
I'm surprised that in this day and age, there isn't a simple way to host a forum...
Mel Gibson

Guest wrote: December 27th, 2019, 7:37 pm FFS!

https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/starting ... rum-phpbb/
No problem for them. Three clicks and it's working. I get nothing but unknown errors.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Some are more easy than others, it's a lot to do with the provider, and what they have to offer, and what you are wanting.
I like PHPbb because there is so much info out there, and people that are willing to help if you have the time for an answer.
Mel Gibson

Here is where I'm lost, among other places:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You either have a name already registered, or a file that existing already in the directory is my guess.
Mel Gibson

I'm lost here now. There's nothing more that I can do. An account that doesn't exist due to an 'Unknown Error', but yet I am told it exists.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I was reinstalling once, and had a double directory since I was installing from scratch an older forum. Got that error.
If you are taking a forum from one place it's better to not, and after you get it set up move the stuff over, and replace the new in my experience.

Don't you have support where you are moving it, Email them to see if they can help, my old one did a few times, and it was free help to boot.
Mel Gibson

Everything is being started fresh, or at least I'm trying to. No point in asking the host for help, as I would be clueless to anything they said.

The only way that I can get this to work I think, is to just randomly click on everything with the hopes that something will eventually appear! :laugh:

The "infinite monkey" theorem...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The host might go in for you, some will set them up to keep you around, you change the passwords for it later.
Mel Gibson

This is funny: Scientists actually tried to recreate the 'infinite monkey' theorem. Lead monkey just held down the 'S' character, then began bashing keyboard with a rock. The other monkeys then took a shit on the keyboard!

That's what monkeys do I guess! :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well try the rock first, that don't work well :laugh:
Mel Gibson

OK, maybe I can get it to work... Warnings are gone, and myBB is installed in the database. Now I don't know what I'm supposed to do next...
Mel Gibson

Gotta run to the Co-Op to pick up my dinner of coffee & cigarettes! Be right back...

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.