Mel's hole

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Mel's hole

Realtors is not the person to get a good reference from, but an attorney is more likely to have a good one.
I knew realtors here that did it life long, and they told me the same.
A realtor can give a good reference, not saying they can't, but they are more likely to just want to push through the sale.

One woman I knew was a top realtor in her area for over 30 years, she had a good rep, and good people working for her before she even agreed to sell a house for someone.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Realtors are like used car salesmen..

They are there to give me the keys so that I can assess the situation myself.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: February 6th, 2020, 2:17 pm Realtors are like used car salesmen..

:kez:

The only thing a couch surfer like you can assess is cushion density.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: February 6th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Odinson wrote: February 6th, 2020, 2:17 pm Realtors are like used car salesmen..

I do have more knowledge than your average realtor... Realtors are laymen..
I dont need some chumps opinion on things.

When I´m not here trying to get in your pants, I´m a construction worker. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: February 7th, 2020, 3:31 am

When I´m not here trying to get in your pants, I´m a construction worker. :teehe:
Just about every out of work bum I know lists their chosen profession as "construction worker" or "roofer" or some shit like that... :laugh:

I'm thinking the only thing you can construct is pyramid made out of empty beer cans... :kez:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Man I hated roofing, that job sucked, hot, burns, and sour back.
I didn't mind construction that much,when I was working for myself building stuff for people. Working for someone else sucked.
Plumbing I hate, unless it's new build, the used stuff literally stinks.
Electrical is shockingly painful sometimes :teehe: On a new build it's pretty simple stuff. HVAC work isn't that bad, just need a license, and tools, done the basic stuff with it, but I'm very limited since no tools, and today you about need to be a computer tech just for the work on some.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You know something else that sucked, digging, and building foundations, your in a narrow trench pouring concrete, laying brink, and putting in a pipe with gravel around it for drainage.
It's a confined space really with a confined workspace.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: February 7th, 2020, 9:20 am
Odinson wrote: February 7th, 2020, 3:31 am

Just about every out of work bum I know lists their chosen profession as "construction worker" or "roofer" or some shit like that... :laugh:

I'm thinking the only thing you can construct is pyramid made out of empty beer cans... :kez:
Well technically I´m an electrician...
But my father made sure that I know everything about the plumbing, house repair etc.
He didnt believe in calling the guy.

I fix everything myself...

Being a jack of all trades is kinda finnish thing.
You are not a man unless you can fix cars, skin animals and fix the house.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: February 7th, 2020, 11:33 am

But my father made sure that I know everything about the plumbing, house repair etc.

No offense Odi but I've seen a lot of guys who claim they can fix things and their favorite "go to" tool is Duct Tape... :laugh:

As for being a "jack of all trades"..That is usually dicey at best. Most people who claim that moniker know just enough about everything to be fucking dangerous.

Example: my ex...Mechanical engineer by education and license, pipe fitter by trade. He was a wizard with anything that involved any kind of fluid transfer and HVAC, but shit with carpentry, electricity or finishes. He considered himself a "Jack of all Trades" too... :kez:

I lived in a house with half a kitchen for almost five years because Mr. Jack of all Trades, who had intentions of making custom kitchen cabinets with custom lighting couldn't get it done....I finally had enough and went out and hired a cabinet maker and he got it done in less than two weeks. :kez:

I miss that kitchen it was gorgeous...My ex has it now and God knows what kind of a man made mess it is... :(
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh my, how true, been fixing people bad work my whole life, including my own from earlier in life when helping people like my dad out.
When I did the electrical in this house, I cut out hundreds of feet of bad wire, outlets, and had to almost totally rewire the basement.

The plumbing I cut out a lot, and replaced most I could get cut out, fitting new over someone else mess is a real pain.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Don't worry Mel..help is on the way! :wink:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Renee wrote: February 7th, 2020, 1:26 pm

No offense Odi but I've seen a lot of guys who claim they can fix things and their favorite "go to" tool is Duct Tape... :laugh:

As for being a "jack of all trades"..That is usually dicey at best. Most people who claim that moniker know just enough about everything to be fucking dangerous.

Example: my ex...Mechanical engineer by education and license, pipe fitter by trade. He was a wizard with anything that involved any kind of fluid transfer and HVAC, but shit with carpentry, electricity or finishes. He considered himself a "Jack of all Trades" too... :kez:

I lived in a house with half a kitchen for almost five years because Mr. Jack of all Trades, who had intentions of making custom kitchen cabinets with custom lighting couldn't get it done....I finally had enough and went out and hired a cabinet maker and he got it done in less than two weeks. :kez:

I miss that kitchen it was gorgeous...My ex has it now and God knows what kind of a man made mess it is... :(
He was a wizard with any kind of fluid transfer... :rofl:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Ready to help out. But first, the beer...
Mel Gibson

beanthere wrote: February 8th, 2020, 12:06 pm Image
I think Habitat for Humanity has a pretty decent method of getting some people into home ownership, who otherwise might not be able to own a home!

Unlike Government subsidized shitholes for welfare bums, HFH actually helps you build a home you can actually own one day!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I wonder whats the failure rate in those situations where the house is built for you.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Things turn into eternal projects if you dont do them right away.. You take a break and suddenly you realize that the TV stand has been out of business for months. :teehe:
Thats just due to the lack of motivation and just laziness..
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

beanthere wrote: February 8th, 2020, 12:12 pm

He was a wizard with any kind of fluid transfer... :rofl:
He was...no joke...He was especially good at writing his name in the snow.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Mel Gibson wrote: February 9th, 2020, 4:04 am
beanthere wrote: February 8th, 2020, 12:06 pm Image
I think Habitat for Humanity has a pretty decent method of getting some people into home ownership, who otherwise might not be able to own a home!

Unlike Government subsidized shitholes for welfare bums, HFH actually helps you build a home you can actually own one day!
Yeah. You should definitely give Jimmy Carter a call. I hear he works for peanuts. :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:corn:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: