McDonald's charging for condiments now?

General talk, and discussion.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: McDonald's charging for condiments now?

Mel Gibson wrote: January 7th, 2022, 11:13 pm
Odinson wrote: January 7th, 2022, 8:53 pm I was watching interviews of Titanic survivors.

One of the officers said he went to the number 7 glory-hole after the ship hit the iceberg.

Number 7!?
How many glory-holes were on that ship!?

I know believe it was a gay cruise.
In 1912 the rest of the passengers would've probably thrown you overboard if they found out you were packing fudge!
He says glory hole but it means the crew sleeping quarters.

Another term the gay people hijacked.

You know Captain Smith didnt mean women and children only... He meant that you get the women and children first and then fill up the boats with whatever you got.

They actually waited for women and children to come around and that lead to boats being let go half empty and it lead to more casualties.

The officers werent thinking straight due to the chaotic situation.

Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: January 12th, 2022, 11:41 am You know Captain Smith didnt mean women and children only... He meant that you get the women and children first and then fill up the boats with whatever you got.

They actually waited for women and children to come around and that lead to boats being let go half empty and it lead to more casualties.

It's hard to imagine the conditions they were dealing with, on an 'unsinkable' ship that's quickly sinking in ice cold waters, without enough life boats for every passenger...

There were some real men on board, that accepted their fate that they were going to die, yet did the very best they could right up until the very end.

They had a big chunk of the Titanic's hull on display (as well as other items from that ship) in Las Vegas when the Ex and I went. Even though there was a "do not touch" sign, I couldn't resist! Was kinda neat...
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:32 pm
Odinson wrote: January 12th, 2022, 11:41 am You know Captain Smith didnt mean women and children only... He meant that you get the women and children first and then fill up the boats with whatever you got.

It's hard to imagine the conditions they were dealing with, on an 'unsinkable' ship that's quickly sinking in ice cold waters, without enough life boats for every passenger...

There were some real men on board, that accepted their fate that they were going to die, yet did the very best they could right up until the very end.

They had a big chunk of the Titanic's hull on display (as well as other items from that ship) in Las Vegas when the Ex and I went. Even though there was a "do not touch" sign, I couldn't resist! Was kinda neat...
Had they actually hit the iceberg head-on, only the forward section would have been flooded and the ship would have stayed afloat.

They had a sense of honor back then which prevented them from leaving their post.
People condemned officers who survived the sinking... They immediately think that he abandoned his post and ran like a coward while others drowned.

And a Captain should go down with his ship because its his responsibility and he fucked up... He cant even live after that kind of thing, its better to go down like a hero.

They dont like people touching the items because the grease on your fingertips might contaminate the item.
Plus something bad is gonna happen when hundreds of people touch the items.

But I can understand why one might feel compelled to touch a piece of history like that. :teehe:
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:42 pm They dont like people touching the items because the grease on your fingertips might contaminate the item.

But I can understand why one might feel compelled to touch a piece of history like that. :teehe:
Yup! Here it is... This piece actually weighs 15 tons...

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:49 pm
Odinson wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:42 pm They dont like people touching the items because the grease on your fingertips might contaminate the item.

Yup! Here it is... This piece actually weighs 15 tons...

Nice!

I wish we had things like that.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:54 pm Nice!

Ya, the US has some pretty cool stuff when it comes to things like that.

Although another thing I'd like to lean over and touch also is Hitler's Mercedes, which just happens to reside here in Canada. I think it's the only Mercedes personally owned by Hitler that's on full time display in public...

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: January 7th, 2022, 11:13 pm
Odinson wrote: January 7th, 2022, 8:53 pm I was watching interviews of Titanic survivors.

One of the officers said he went to the number 7 glory-hole after the ship hit the iceberg.

Number 7!?
How many glory-holes were on that ship!?

I know believe it was a gay cruise.
In 1912 the rest of the passengers would've probably thrown you overboard if they found out you were packing fudge!
I don't know about that... Post turn of the century Western Europe was pretty progressive at the time... Just look at post WWI France and Germany, homos and lesbians were the "in" crowd. The cabarets and so called "social clubs" were full of them.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Even Russia has a booming Stock Market back then if that tells you anything.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: January 12th, 2022, 11:16 pm
Odinson wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:54 pm Nice!

Ya, the US has some pretty cool stuff when it comes to things like that.

Although another thing I'd like to lean over and touch also is Hitler's Mercedes, which just happens to reside here in Canada. I think it's the only Mercedes personally owned by Hitler that's on full time display in public...

Sit on the Fuhrers seat. :teehe:

They made beautiful cars back then.

That probably weights around 5000 kilos.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: January 13th, 2022, 9:12 am I don't know about that... Post turn of the century Western Europe was pretty progressive at the time... Just look at post WWI France and Germany, homos and lesbians were the "in" crowd. The cabarets and so called "social clubs" were full of them.
I don't disagree, but I wouldn't say it was widespread or accepted at the time by the masses... It certainly wasn't. It was sort of contained to certain areas at the time, Berlin probably being one of the best known for this in the Weimar era. Wealthy people would come from all over the world (which was quite a feat at that time) to visit.

What was happening in Berlin at that time also shaped the political beliefs of a certain future German ruler. What he saw there disgusted him, and he decided that degeneracy was going to be no part of his Third Reich.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: January 13th, 2022, 3:21 pm Sit on the Fuhrers seat. :teehe:

They made beautiful cars back then.

That probably weights around 5000 kilos.
You're probably not too far off with weight, since it would have been fully armoured...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character