Thanks for having me...

Civil discussion, and self moderation appreciated :-)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Thanks for having me...

I could use a load of gravel, but my guess it would really cost a lot from where you are :teehe:
Actually I need a few truck loads of dirt for my lower yard, it floods occasionally thanks to out sewer department screwing up the ditch.
I would fix it is I was able, but I need a bobcat for it.

Hey when getting grout make sure it is fresh, the old stuff will pup the tiles out later, and the seems will crack out.
A tile guy schooled me on that one time when I mentioned I had some left from my last project.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: March 17th, 2022, 7:44 am I could use a load of gravel, but my guess it would really cost a lot from where you are :teehe:
Actually I need a few truck loads of dirt for my lower yard, it floods occasionally thanks to out sewer department screwing up the ditch.

Hey when getting grout make sure it is fresh, the old stuff will pup the tiles out later, and the seems will crack out.
A tile guy schooled me on that one time when I mentioned I had some left from my last project.
Ya, you wouldn't want to pay me to deliver you some gravel, that's for sure!

Talk to some gravel truck drivers in the area. They can often get it at 'contractors cost,' and a few hundred bucks in cash money will get you a few tons of gravel dumped in your yard.

My bathroom tile wasn't done right, and it's doing exactly that... It's pushing out. Now, it will be replaced properly!
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Here to make floor for you sahib.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: March 18th, 2022, 4:43 am
Blue Frost wrote: March 17th, 2022, 7:44 am I could use a load of gravel, but my guess it would really cost a lot from where you are :teehe:

Ya, you wouldn't want to pay me to deliver you some gravel, that's for sure!

Talk to some gravel truck drivers in the area. They can often get it at 'contractors cost,' and a few hundred bucks in cash money will get you a few tons of gravel dumped in your yard.

My bathroom tile wasn't done right, and it's doing exactly that... It's pushing out. Now, it will be replaced properly!
I hope the bathroom is done right this time, the sad part is it's not that hard doing it right.
I have seen, and worked on several bathrooms over the years, and so called professionals cut corners in all the wrong places which makes a crappy job.
One bathroom I did for my friend the walls was warped more than a Picasso painting, and the floor had to be removed also.
The worst part is the pipes was just hanging there not supported, and they had to be replaced.
When I was done I tried my best to do everything right, and it was a selling point when he sold the place.
I'm not a pro so a pro should have did it right, and better than I could, but maybe I am a pro. :5+5: 45+ years experience.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: March 18th, 2022, 9:01 am Image

Here to make floor for you sahib.
I need those guys for a big job :unsure: I want my driveway done in brick.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Odinson wrote: March 13th, 2022, 3:51 pm Here is a morale boost for Melson.

I've always liked yodellers but didn't know there were Ukrainian ones.
She should've been in the Eurovision song contest this year... would have livened it up a lot. :thumbsup:

Those buildings tho, wonder where that is... are those flats/apartments... people packed in like rabbit hutches.
I don't think they even want humans living or walking on the land, is my conclusion.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Blue Frost wrote: March 14th, 2022, 9:38 am I don't have an issue with any of them, even the one that was mean to me for a time :teehe:
Yeah it's not worth the hair loss in my opinion, just a distraction in life.

It's funny for a time on Dv a lot thought I was Chinese, and called me C****.
Also got called Packi, Nigro, and a few others things i wont mention.
I just tried to get along with everyone for who they where, not a difference in looks.
In my opinion a lot of them where surprised I talked with them, and was nice.
Frosty, good old DV... where did those days go.

When I came across that forum, I thought it was lively... it had a lot topics and folks posting in it but noticed soon on in that it was a bit rabid and tense on there. It was only the second forum I had ever joined I think. But made you feel like you were walking on thin ice with some that were waiting to jump any little thing you say. Being careful on what you could say and holding back really. But you stood out as kind.

I remember you always being nice and non reactive to everyone even when they weren't nice to you.
You have a good way and how to be and how to handle other people. :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Twilight turtle wrote: September 13th, 2022, 4:20 pm
Blue Frost wrote: March 14th, 2022, 9:38 am I don't have an issue with any of them, even the one that was mean to me for a time :teehe:
Yeah it's not worth the hair loss in my opinion, just a distraction in life.

It's funny for a time on Dv a lot thought I was Chinese, and called me C****.
Also got called Packi, Nigro, and a few others things i wont mention.
I just tried to get along with everyone for who they where, not a difference in looks.
In my opinion a lot of them where surprised I talked with them, and was nice.
Frosty, good old DV... where did those days go.

When I came across that forum, I thought it was lively... it had a lot topics and folks posting in it but noticed soon on in that it was a bit rabid and tense on there. It was only the second forum I had ever joined I think. But made you feel like you were walking on thin ice with some that were waiting to jump any little thing you say. Being careful on what you could say and holding back really. But you stood out as kind.

I remember you always being nice and non reactive to everyone even when they weren't nice to you.
You have a good way and how to be and how to handle other people. :)
I was there so I could learn a little, and maybe help someone else out.
I can be nasty if I want, but really I have zero interest doing that online, or in real life.
I will respond in real life occasionally, but just try to stay away from people if I can, I don't need it.

You where always nice, and some others also, I miss a lot of them still.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Frosty, you were and are kind...

I tried to be kind but I got a bit cranky sometimes maybe. I didn't really understand the hostility coming from some tho. Maybe not that different in real life.
Realized later on maybe their life isn't going right and then taking it out on others.
The quieter and calmer folks were the ones to talk to.
I still wonder where doc Watson went and Keeper, on here, and Irish on DV, the young lad... and Watcher. I think Doc was an older fella, not sure.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I miss those also, Keeper was on here for a while, but got off here.
I really miss him, and Sharlee.
RF is one I'm missing also, haven't seen him in a while now, real good guy.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.