Heaven Is Real

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Heaven Is Real

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow ... 27063.html

I don't doubt that this doctors story is true at all. I have had a number of supernatural experiences myself. Though we are expected to be athients the reality is if you read the very interesting book The Holographic Universe 10% to 17% have seen supernatural entities. It actually isn't a rare occurance at all. I have seen things three times among other experiences

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Heaven Is Real

Well I hate to be the eternal skeptic :pardon: but I think we see what we want to see, especially in times of stress, and unconsciousness.
Maybe also we see vividly when going out, more clearly than just being asleep.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Here we go, someone else with my thought on it.
White Light When You Die Actually Cascade Of Brain Activity
http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2010/05/30/w ... -activity/

Doctors believe that a burst of brain activity occurs just before death and this could account for vivid
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Try telling that to that Harvard medical professor
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Thats alright what ever they believe, if they believe in the bible they are not seeing heaven till the judgment day.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There are better videos on this Colton kids experience. One interesting thing caught my attention after reading the very interesting book last year Mysteries And Secrets Of Time is that this book said in the chapter on what info we get from religions is that in heaven there isn't any time and he says that in Heaven there isn't any time.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would doubt there would be time, or form if heaven exist, we shed our form, it is dust.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I have heard some kids who experienced near death experience saw and communicated with their dead grandparents who they have never seen in their lives. In English class a lady told me when she was little saw her dead grandmother floated toward their alter, shortly after she passed away. There is life after death, I just know it. Not that I believe it, I know it. Heard so many countless personal stories on coast to coast am from the callers who calls in and from the experts who they have on as guests.

I'm not too fond of reincarnation(I would want to stay in heaven). There was this kid who I've read about and many others who I've read about, from an young age, he could recall being a soldier in the war and could explain so clearly and vividly like as if he were there.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote:Thats alright what ever they believe, if they believe in the bible they are not seeing heaven till the judgment day.
I don't think you need to believe in the bible like Christians would want you to think.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

My mum had a strange experience when I was a baby... one night, after she had gone to sleep, she remembers looking down at herself asleep in her bed. She said she remembers going into the hallway, saw my bedroom door and remembering she had a small baby. She woke up the next morning remembering it all. Mum's had a few other experiences as well... I believe her, she's one of the most sane people I know and tells stuff like it is, she doesn't make stuff up.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I don't think a lot is made up, but out of body, no I don't .
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I don't doubt Twilight Turtles mums experience at all. I may very well have been out of body during a very unusual experience when I was 20 years old. I read the very interesting book The Holographic Universe last January. Out of body experiences are not rare. I have met many who have had them . I asked a Tibetan Lama if when he meditates can he get his spirit to leave his body and when he does can he see the demons painted on the walls of the temple and he repllied "yes" This astounded me even though I had heard that they could do this already. I also have heard that out of body they also can travel back and forth in time. I do believe this too. I also read a very interesting book last year Mysteries and secrets of Time. There was a genius scientist whose last name was Swedenborg. He was Swedens top mathematician, could speak 10 leanguages fluently by age 18 [ that's alot of vocabulary stored in his brain in a short time ] who also invented many amazing inventions. I believe one of the reasons that nobody hardly has heard of him as opposed to Da Vinci who most people have heard of even though Swedenborgs achievements equaled Davinci is that Swedenborg was a genius scientist who could out of body experience at will. Being a genius scientist he naturally researched this realm and documented it. He found out some amazing things that some of you might like to google yourselves
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Gary, it makes me wonder if people's hearts just stop for a few seconds and died for a split second. Mum's got a heart murmur she's had all her life. Thing is, my mum remembers seeing my dad asleep in the bed as well and was quite happy to go, she said. She said it was so real tho. We never tell anyone about it either. :kez:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I don't doubt your mum's experience at all and I am sure that you would know if she is the kind of person who would lie about such things which obviously you know is not the case. I don't know much about the spiritual realm at all, I metely have spent a total of about 50 seconds of my life looking at entities on three occasions. I did hear a voice when I was 18 once and in the church I go to there is speaking in tongues before the service and after the service where everybody who can speak in tongues does together and there almost always are messages from God.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Gary, you're probably susceptible to it I suspect. I reckon certain people are. I've noticed that people who are sensitive to intangible things usually have more than one thing happen that they can't explain. My mum saw a ghost as well she thinks, when she was a child, it was in the house she was staying in at the time... she was going up the stairs to bed one night and turned around and saw something standing at the bottom of the stairs... she told me it was a young man they were in a soldier's uniform I think.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This is an interesting article. I do believe near death experiences as they are so common. After reading an appearingly atheist book The Holographic Universe earlier this year it explains that near death experiences and out of body experiences are actually very common. There was a genius scientist who I suspect we never hear about [ Swedenborg ] because he could out of body travel at will and documented his experiences. I may have been out of body once when I was 20 years old for some maybe thirty seconds or so. I don't doubt that the Tibetan Lama who I asked if he could travel out of body and when he did could he see the demons painted on the walls of the temple was lying.

Heaven Is for Real But Are Near-Death Experiences

http://www.christianpost.com

I just read the Newsweek magazine article "Heaven is Real" which was written from the perspective of a neurosurgeon who claims to have taken a trip to heaven while in a coma for seven days. He says that the part of his brain that drives brain function was turned off while he was under, so there was no way that he could have imagined it.

What was heaven like according to Dr. Eban Alexander? A beautiful young woman was his guide into this heavenly experience of giant butterflies and angelic like creatures who streaked across the sky. God was an inky darkness which was emanating love.

Interesting.

It reminds me of the great fervor that spilled out a few years ago when the book "Heaven is for Real." This book written by Todd Burpo was a father's recounting of his four year old boy's story when he supposedly died, went to heaven and witnessed his version of the afterlife.

So what are we as Christians to think of the doctor and the preschooler? Do we automatically stand up and say, "Amen! See, I told you!" to all of our atheist or agnostic friends? Do we theologically take them apart and prove they are wrong? Do we just leave it all alone, afraid to get on what could be an Ozzy-less crazy train?

Here are 3 things I do when approached with stories like this:

1. I'm initially suspect.

Don't get me wrong. I fully believe in heaven (and hell for that matter!) I'm convinced that heaven will be more amazing than we could ever imagine. How do I know? The great apostle John gives a firsthand account in the book of Revelation of the glory, immensity, power and beauty of heaven.

There are times when he has trouble putting what he's describing into words which measure up, but it's obvious that his vision of heaven is overwhelming to him. It's also interesting that the apostle John did not have a "near-death" experience. He had a clear vision while he was alive and well and stuck on the Island of Patmos as a prisoner of the Romans.

So why do I tend to be suspect of firsthand accounts of those who say they died and then came back? Because the Bible has two clear promises which seem to contradict this:

"For we live by faith, not by sight"(2 Corinthians 5:7).

"Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Proof Of Heaven

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/11/17/p ... realities/

There are a few very interesting points here. God came to him as an orb. There is no time in Heaven. This could have been posted on the Time trhead or the Orbs and Rods thread. This is a very interesting article and I do think that readers will find it fascinating. I do not believe that this doctor is telling a fictional tale
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

[youtube][/youtube]

This is an interesting story. A boy raised from the dead ? In the end times I have heard and read that miracles and gifts of the spirit are supposed to increase
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Boy in Africa Raised From the Dead, after being dead for 24 hours!! What a miracle! God's doing!
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

He got to see what is in store for him.