Are you a Racoon ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Are you a Racoon ?

Alright, I was just called a Racoon, gotta know if this is normal behavior I have ?

Here it is, I wash my meat, my meat before I cook it for you perves out there.
I wash my steaks, pork, chicken, you name it, and thin I blot it dry.

People are suppose to clean their veggies, why not meat, I don't want bone shards, and other stuff from them cutting it in my meat.
So do you wash your meat, or is I'm a racoon ?

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Re: Are you a Racoon ?

I've never heard of that (being called a raccoon) before. I'm not a meat washer, but a meat inspector...when buying I have to really look at it and smell it.

What you are doing is normal...there are people who rinse their meat. Look at me with my inspection :laugh: my kid doesn't like to be around me when I buy meat or veggies cause I inspect and apparently, I am embarrassing :roll:

Raccoons are cure little buggers....they look like little zorro bandits lol
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Raccoon's wash a lot of their food so it fits me.
I don't mind being a cute little bandit , bugger, or whatever :teehe:

It's good inspecting the food you get, I have seen it with nail marks in it, and holes, you can't trust others not to be filthy.
Pork is real bad, you let it sit, and it gets a slime on it, even out of the pack it has it a lot of times.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Tee hee

I didn't know raccoons wash their food?

That meat you are describing sounds awful....is this at your local grocery store? I've never seen anything like that before. I have seen green colouration on chicken before...it pays to inspect so you are not disappointed when you get home.

I don't like it when I see a carton of milk sitting on a non-refidgerated shelf....I dunno why people do this? I always pick the carton of milk from the very back....sometimes I step up into the cooler and reach back in there lol

I also inspect salmon too....I press it and make sure no worms come up....I never buy the farmed, only wild.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's not that bad here, but I am picky, and is I see flakes of the cutting even on fish Ill rinse it off.
The slime on the pork if you set it out for a little bit before cooking gets slime on it, and a lot of times it's on it from the store.
My salmon I get is Atlantic salmon usually, never seen any worms in it, just flakes of skin, and an occasional fine bone.
I have got some with off color tips on them where they fold it under making the fish look thicker, I don't like that practice.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The raccoons usually don't really wash their foods, they dip it a lot in captivate, and they like wet hands. :teehe:
Like here it's dry all the time, and I feed them, they eat it right there.
They look like they are washing food if water is there, they dip it in, or by a creek they will dip it in.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

I've never experienced or seen slime on pork...this is concerning...makes me wonder what your store does to it?

As for raccoons, we have them here, but I hardly see them anymore...im at my parents till I can walk independently....the kid sits outside at night sometimes and sees them walk by the house. I've seen videos of raccoons eating cat food...and now that you mention it, I also notice they have to wet their hands in the water bowl before they eat the kibble lol
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I get fish sometimes with the slime like stuff, or what I call slime.
It's just sticky coated all over it, I'm sure it's nothing but where it's opened, and warming up.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Poor Racoon
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 4:56 am The raccoons usually don't really wash their foods, they dip it a lot in captivate, and they like wet hands. :teehe:
Like here it's dry all the time, and I feed them, they eat it right there.
They look like they are washing food if water is there, they dip it in, or by a creek they will dip it in.
You shouldn't feed raccoons or any other wild animal for that matter.

Raccoons are dangerous. They can be aggressive and they are destructive. They are also prone to contracting rabies. Yes, they are fun to watch and they are cute but that's how people and pets get bit or attacked. They look harmless and friendly but they are not.

The only wild animal besides birds, I don't mind feeding is the Opossum. They are docile, they eat ticks, they don't go rabid and they help keep the environment clean.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I feed them, Opossums, and anything else I have around I can help in the times of bad weather.
I toss my scraps out for them, and stuff getting old.

Oh, my brother had to get rabies shots a few years back from being bit by one, I know all the dangers, and reliant things.

I don't have bears around, or Saber cats so I don't mind helping out the little guys.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Those are not Raccoons, those are pigs with mask on. :laugh: