My dad reaching out to me from beyond the grave...

RDL

My dad reaching out to me from beyond the grave...

I've been having dreams about him lately...
One where he was giving me crap about blacking out and waking up in another city...
One where he was a pillow angel...
One where his hospital bed was being lifted into a hole in the ceiling...
One where he was giving me crap about drinking coffee in the bathtub and i threw a bar of soap at him...

RDL

Re: My dad reaching out to me from beyond the grave...

and someone was knocking loudly on my doors, my windows, and my ceiling last night,
but when i went to go check, no one was there...
i think my apartment is haunted...
RDL

and I found a nice rock today downtown, it was kinda shiny, kinda scratched, kinda dirty,
I really wanted to show it to my dad, I'm sure he can see it from heaven,
it's about the size of a quarter in diameter, looks like a little yellow potato...

my dad was a longtime member of a lapidary and mineral society,
and a longtime member of a yearly rock and gem show,
i think this was his way of reaching out to me :)
RDL

Anyway, I'm off to a ska and reggae festival in the inner harbour here in Victoria...
I think this is gonna be a really great summer for outdoor concerts :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I had quite a few dreams of my dad after I lost him, and still do occasionally.
It's good, and bad always, you get to see him, and them realize he is still gone, and it's just a dream.
I think about him, and my mom a lot, so I have more dreams of them I guess, you where likely thinking about him lately, or what he would think of your actions.
Could have been just the rock you found.

Still having someone like a parent in your head, especially a good one is like a conscious other than your own.
Also a person remembered isn't totally gone, part of them are still here with you.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
RDL

I just have to remember that I'm still in my first year of dealing with his passing...
The one year anniversary of his passing is coming up on September 26...

Anyway, I'm outside a hotel near the BC Legislature listening to a JazzFest performance...
Then I've got another concert to go to, that one's near the Langley Street toilet...
Then I've got a meeting across from St. Ann's Academy...
Then maybe time to go home, have some dinner, write in my journal, listen to CFAX 1070, then go to bed...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I know the feeling, I'm dealing with my moms passing also.
I sent her to the hospital, and she never got to leave there, and yes I blame the hospital as much as myself for sending her there.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I believe that I may have been reached by an old friend who passed away a few days ago in the Philippines. More precisely a photo shared by his son or daughter was visited by her dad’s spirit.
Yong Jessie

Of note sure seems be a very big P.I. THEME AMONST THE FORUM MEMBERS.

is it just a coincidence or done on purpose?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I personally don't believe in ghost, spirits, or a lot of the stuff people do.
There is a rational explanation for most of it.
I have spent a lot of time trying to get past my loved ones deaths, and it's hard, but the sounds, and shadows are usually just that.
Floors, houses shrink, and swell, lights makes shadows, air also moves with temps from lights, and heat.
My biggest thing that bothers me is when I'm almost asleep, the mind tricks you a lot.
Even just being alone creates thoughts of something there, or wishing for it.

I have lost many loved ones in my life, it's hard, and all we can do is go on for who we have left.
My anchor is my family, especially the kids which love me so much.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Could this be real ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Not real, but kind of funny.
That was some really bad acting.

So, a few weeks back my mom gave me a visit.
I had been in bed most of three weeks I guess, and needed ot wash my sheets.
Well had two dreams her nagging me, and even bringing on more sheets that didn't even match for my bed.
Well here it is maybe 3:30 am, i got up, and washed my sheets, my comforter, and fluffed the pillows even.
Shes not been back since, but it shows you that shes still with me, and keeping me on my toes.

The worst part is waking, and they are not there, or realizing in your dream it's just a dream.
I'm thankful of the dreams, but it still hurts when waking.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I also thought after I posted it that the acting was poor and unconvincing. I think it may have been done by some guy whose hobby is trying to do special effects. I am not sure what happens after death. People do lose an ounce at the moment that they pass away. Many believe that the ounce is their spirit leaving their body. I know people who have had out of body experiences including after death experiences who came back to their bodies and while out of body saw what was going on in the room that their body that they had left was. Also I may have had an out of body experience when I was twenty. I asked a Tibetan lama if when he meditates can he get his spirit to leave his body and when he does can he see the spirits painted on the walls of the temple ? And he replied yes. These short videos may be more convincing.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Some of those are bad fakes, some I don't know, but it's sad to see.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Someone I know very well has had a few after death experiences and didn’t want to come back.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Like I have mentioned, the brain is firing off a lot of neurons, and lack of oxygen you hallucinate.
When I was in the hospital I saw a lot myself, and almost dying a few times I saw stuff.
Even the meds I was given I saw some freaky stuff, a bone witch wanting to eat my soul was one of them.
Also the shadow creatures, I saw those for a good week, it was quite interesting for me trying to figure out why this stuff was happening.
One reason was shadows in the room moving because of time, and lights coming in the room, and from the equipment.
The blue blinking lights was the worst on the monitor, and medicine drip tree.
It did take me time to figure out some of the things I saw, some was meds, some lack of blood, and some hallucinating.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That’s a possible theory that many believe but it isn’t a fact. I’ve had some experiences and have heard some experiences that tell me otherwise though I wouldn’t be surprised if occasionally someone experiences what you have described.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You have people with lack of blood, on major meds, trauma, and not completely awake, they will have all sorts of experiences.
Light is a major one even for people awake, people see mirages in the sky, horizon, and right in front of them.
UFO sightings are bad in some places because city lights reflecting in the sky, light from the sky on the ocean even, or just sand.
Out where my brother worked was real bad, it was farm land looking towards the city, and airfields, people saw ufo's all the time, it is just refraction, reflections.

Isn't the mind just a trickster :teehe:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I wasn’t on and meds or drugs when I have had my experiences. Two of the times that I have seen something it was right in front of my face and christal clear. What was I clearly feeling at the old abandoned army hospital in Hong Kong during a movie shoot ? Every creature including humans have energy fields and I believe that it’s likely that spirits do as well. I have also posted on at least one thread about our magnetic sixth sense.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Funny you mention magnetism, or magnets, they can affect you also .

Hey, not saying there isn't something, just not likely in most cases, people see a lot that isn't there, and mistake a lot of things.
Our minds see what they want a lot of times, or put meaning into a lot we don't understand.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.