Re: The Illusion of time

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

http://timetravelinstitute.com/threads/ ... ries.6716/

I don't know if all these time sli[p stories are true however after reading the very interesting book Mysteries And Secrets Of Time last year I do keep an open mind. My gut feeling is that time slips do occur. I have been told that Tibetan lamas can travel back and forth in time out of body when they meditate. This webpage has a number of stories that may interest Bluefrost readers

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

[youtube][video][/video][/youtube]
Now it would be easy to simply tow the line and say this man is lying however if so then he is a convincing liar. My gut feeling is that he may be actually telling the truth
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

[video][/video]

This is long but it's very interesting.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sending Thoughts Back And Forth In Time ?

http://beforeitsnews.com/beyond-science ... 41280.html

If this article is correct then you can telepathically send information to your younger self or older self. from the little I know about quantum physics this actually may be possible
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gravity affects time so maybe move higher up to life a second longer :laugh:
I would be happy just to live at the age I am now, but if I had a choice 28 was such a good year for me, and my health.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Re: The Illusion of time

I guess if they can pinpoint that they can pinpoint the true center of the universe.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

How To Time Travel In 3 Minutes

http://gizmodo.com/learn-how-to-time-tr ... 1452711093

This short video is quite interesting. It is leading me to believe what I have read and heard that the Americans have had a secret time travelling department for some time already.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This is how I imagine time slips to be like. For someone fascinated by history I would very much enjoy having one.

[video][/video]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would love to go back in time, and I would change it to what I see as better.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Possible Time Slip Experience In Manitoba

http://paranormal.about.com/od/timeandd ... 09_33t.htm

Now I don't believe everything I hear. I have been fooled before. Could it be that time slip experiences are quite common as sleep paralysis is ?
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Time Slip To the Thirties

Here is one from New York

http://paranormal.about.com/od/timeandd ... 07_25t.htm

Time Slip to the 1930s
BY JOANNE D.
By Stephen Wagner
.Ads:Paranormal PhenomenaTravel StoriesTrue TalesParanormal StoriesAds
CDI College - Vancouver

My cousin had recently died and I was feeling melancholy. I decided to go for a three-block walk to the stores. I know for sure it was 3 p.m. when I left.

As I crossed the street from my dorm and entered the first block, I noticed a deadening silence that got my attention. There was not a sound of life anywhere. That's when I noticed that the homes lining this residential street all were different: smaller and dated looking. (I'd guess around 1930s.) There were no cars anywhere and no driveways or garages, and everything seemed gray, without color. I noticed the trees were all bare, like in winter, yet this was summer. I spoke out loud saying, "Why is it so quiet?" And my voice seemed strange and tinny.

When I got to the main street with the stores, everything reverted back to normal, but upon returning home those three blocks took on the same strange qualities. Then I noticed that the entire side of the second block had a huge hill that wasn't there before, replacing all the houses.

As I exited the last block to go back to my dorm, everything was back to normal again -- Sound, movement, etc.

I was gone about 90 minutes, but when I looked at the clock as I entered my room it said 3:12 p.m., which was only 12 minutes from when I left! I checked another clock and it also showed 3:12.

The next day, I took this same walk, and to my amazement it happened again. But on the return from the stores, the hill had now disappeared and was replaced with the older-looking homes (like on the first trip).

After that day, the usual modern homes, sound, color, trees in full bloom were all back in place.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Up There

Here's one from California. It wouldn't take that much of an imagination to make up staries like these. I am not so sure that they are all making these stories up though.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/timeandd ... 01_20t.htm

Weird Time Slip at Stockton
BY RAIN
By Stephen Wagner
.Ads:WeirdParanormal StoriesTravel to SacramentoSacramento CaliforniaParanormal PhenomenaAds
It was sometime in August, 1996. My wife, children and I were coming back from Los Angeles, heading to Sacramento, California. I remember distinctively as we were on Highway 99 North. We decided to get off the highway to get refreshments. After getting food, we proceeded to head north again on 99.

We had a while to go before reaching our home and clearly the sign indicated that Sacramento was another 250 miles ahead. While driving another 15 minutes, after getting back on the road from getting food, lo and behold we noticed a highway maker sign indicating that Sacramento wasd just 30 miles ahead!

We were in Stockton, California. I could not believe it. I looked at my wife she had a puzzled look on her face, but did not say anything, and neither did I.

After arriving at our Sacramento home, things did not seem right, so I went into the bathroom to gather my thoughts on how I was going to pose the question to my wife as to what happened. As I was coming out of the bathroom, she approached me and said, "Don't ask me. I don't know what happened. I don't know how we got to Stockton that fast." To this day, she still will not talk about it.

There is something else I don't really want to share, but I will. As it turns out, during this ordeal my wife was six months pregnant with our son. I'm not sure if there is a connection, but when he was barely 3 years old, while in my garage I heard a frantic call from my wife screaming crying because she couldn't find our son. He was not in the house, so my daughter and I searched the house also.

After searching for approximately 10 minutes, my daughter alerted me, crying and saying that he was under the bed all balled up. As the night progressed, his mom held him and asked calmly, "Where were you hiding?"

What's still chilling to me this day is that my son pointed out the window and said, "Up there!"

I'm sort of afraid to talk about this experience, but by coming forward maybe there are other people who might have experienced this type of phenomenon and are reluctant to say anything about it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think people can be influenced very easily to see anything they want, or not want.
The power of suggestion is really strong, and in a state of rim sleep, or a waking dream you can see anything.
I was enjoying flying the other morning, it was real as anything I have done in the real world.
I knew I was dreaming so it didn't last long, in reality I know it's imposable, but I did enjoy :)
I have even fought Romans before in dreams, very rough night.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hey this is cool Gary, the woman added herself to her own childhood photos :)

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/time-travelin ... 1499112549 :link:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

is Time A Slippery Fluid ?

I am not going to pretend that I understand all of this. Time is still a mystery it appears and this may be the latest theory.

May 2, 2014

Is Spacetime a Slippery Fluid?
By Charles Choi

Editor's Note: This article was provided by Inside Science. The original is here.

(ISNS) -- Spacetime is a somewhat slippery concept -- Einstein described the universe in four dimensions, combining the well-known three dimensions of space with time. Physicists now suggest that spacetime may itself be a fluid, a very slippery type known as a superfluid.

Receive news alerts

Charles Choi RealClearScience
spacetime superfluid

[+] More

These new findings could help scientists in their quest for a theory of everything that explains how the cosmos works in its entirety.

Scientists have long sought to develop a theory that can describe every aspect of how the universe operates. Currently, researchers have two disparate theories: quantum mechanics and general relativity. Respectively, these two theories can mostly explain the cosmos on its tiniest scales and its largest scales. Quantum mechanics can explain the behavior of all the known particles, while general relativity describes the nature of spacetime and gravity.

When it comes to "quantum gravity" theories that seek to reconcile quantum mechanics and general relativity, there are currently two main scenarios. One suggests the force of gravity can be described in terms of packets of energy known as gravitons, just as light is embodied by photons. The other suggests the fundamental constituents of spacetime essentially condense together like a fluid. The properties of gravity would emerge from the overall behavior of this fluid, rather than its individual parts, just like the flow of water is explained by fluid equations and not the properties of the individual molecules that make it up.

This analogy is not supposed to suggest that spacetime flows anywhere, but is meant to help envision the fabric of spacetime as emerging from more basic entities, said theoretical physicist Luca Maccione at the Ludwig-Maximilian University in Munich, Germany. These fundamental constituents of spacetime would be below the size at which space and time is smooth and continuous
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

i think it has a viscosity also, and any matter can change it just like adding flower to the gravy.
The absence of matter there is no time there.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

It’s possible that there is a “mirror universe” where time moves backwards, say scientists

http://qz.com/596514/its-possible-that- ... source=YPL

Written by Olivia Goldhill

January 18, 2016

Although we experience time in one direction—we all get older, we have records of the past but not the future—there’s nothing in the laws of physics that insists time must move forward.

In trying to solve the puzzle of why time moves in a certain direction, many physicists have settled on entropy, the level of molecular disorder in a system, which continually increases. But two separate groups of prominent physicists are working on models that examine the initial conditions that might have created the arrow of time, and both seem to show time moving in two different directions.

When the Big Bang created our universe, these physicists believe it also created an inverse mirror universe where time moves in the opposite direction. From our perspective, time in the parallel universe moves backward. But anyone in the parallel universe would perceive our universe’s time as moving backward.

The Janus point

The first model, published a little over a year ago in Physical Review Letters, argues that that one of the basic implications of Newton’s theory of gravity creates the conditions for time to move in a certain direction. Julian Barbour from the University of Oxford, Tim Koslowski from the University of New Brunswick and Flavio Mercati from the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, argue that for any confined system of particles—a self-contained universe such as our own, for example—gravity will create a point when the distance between particles is minimal.

When the particles then expand outwards, they do so in two different temporal directions. Barbour and his colleagues created a simplified 1,000 particle point model of the universe showing this dual expansion, with gravity creating structure in both directions.

Mercati explains that such systems converge and then expand by necessity, according to the Second Law of thermodynamics (one of the most basic implications of Newtown’s laws.) And that the growing entropy determines our individual experience of the arrow of time.

The physicists call the moment before expansion the “Janus point,” after the two-headed Roman god. “Time is not something that pre-exists,” Barbour tells Quartz. “The direction and flow of time we have to deduce from what’s happening in the universe. When we look at it that way, it’s natural to say that time begins at that central point and flows away in opposite directions.”

Barbour compares the Janus point to the moment where a river splits in two and flows in opposite directions. “It’s the simplest thing,” he says. “You start at that central Janus point where the motion is chaotic –that’s like the Greek notion of primordial chaos—but then in both directions you get this structure forming. If the theory is right, then there’s another universe on the other side of the big bang in which the direction of experience of time is opposite to ours.”

But though time could flow in different directions, that doesn’t mean we could ever experience the reverse.

“We’re on one side of the Janus point,” Mercati tells Quartz. “On one side you get your arrow of time and can never experience the other one. It’s in your past.”

The two-headed arrow of time

While their theory is far from universally accepted, it did generate excitement and attention in the field. And now, New Scientist reports, two other physicists—Sean Carroll from California Institute of Technology in Pasadena and Alan Guth from Massachusetts Institute of Technology—have created a similar particle model that shows time moving in two different directions, in two parallel universes, from the Big Bang. Their model is currently unpublished, but the physicists say that it is even more simplified than Barbour’s as it does not rely on gravity or particles being in a confined system. Instead, it is based on the concept of entropy alone, and no other preconditions, and so it applies to particles in infinite space rather than only self-contained systems.

Based on their model, half the particles expand outwards, increasing entropy. The other half converge and become highly compact, decreasing in entropy, until they pass through the system’s central point and create entropy in the opposite direction. Imagine, as a crude analogy, a pile of balls on a trampoline: Half of the balls rebound upward, while the other half converge in the middle, and break through the trampoline to create a messy pile on the other side. And so the big bang leads to entropy going in two different directions, in two different universes.

“We call it the two-headed arrow of time,” Guth tells the New Scientist. “Because the laws of physics are invariant, we see exactly the same thing in the other direction.”

The theory is far from tied up. As the New Scientist points out, there are initial stages in the model where the direction of entropy growth—and so the arrow of time—is not clearly defined, and so difficult to account for.

Plus, Barbour says, the work is based on classical physics. Once questions of quantum physics are introduced, “all bets are still off.” He adds:

“Instead of having two streams emanating from a river, it could be more like a fountain where you have lots of pairs of springs. Or just a whole host of springs flowing out of a fountain in different directions.”

Still, if classical physics alone is distorting our preconceptions of time, then it suggests there’s certainly more to time than our linear, one-directional experience
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:think: Nope, I don't see it, in that theory you have something from nothing, and matter turning back from a break down point. :wacko: