Plagues

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Plagues

I think it started in the 50s in Asia or Africa.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This is a bacteria so our immune systems won't build up an immunity to it. I can't help but wonder if this isn't a new GMO bacteria.

Mysterious bacterial outbreak spreading through Wisconsin, US

A mysterious bacterial outbreak has killed 17 people and sickened at least 54 in Wisconsin, US since November 2015, officials confirmed on Thursday, March 17, 2016. Experts say this outbreak is unprecedented.

http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2016/0 ... consin-us/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

There is nutball leftist that would love to depopulate the world that work for the elitist, wouldn't surprise me.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have heard of this parasite before. I simply must have had it or perhaps I still do. I certainly was a mean nasty boy and this may have been one of or the reason why.

A Brain Parasite Might Be Making Us Angrier - Newsy

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have posted on that before, and add lead into your system you have some real idiots running around.
The old crazy cat lady was actually really crazy .
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This could become a serious painful problem for sailors after a short jaunt around town. Ten years ago I heard from someone who would know that 1/4 of Filipino sailors have hiv.

Antibiotic Resistance Leads To 'Super Gonorrhea'; Treatment May Soon Be Ineffective

Hearing you have any kind of sexually transmitted disease is bad news, but the most dreaded ones are those that have no cure. Living with HIV or herpes for the rest of your life is very different than an unfortunate case of chlamydia or gonorrhea which, while painful, can be cleared up with common antibiotics. That is, until super-gonorrhea.

According to the BBC, doctors have expressed “huge concern” that a strain of drug-resistant gonorrhea has been spreading across the United Kingdom. The strain prompted a national alert when it popped up last year in Leeds, and now there is increased risk the disease could become untreatable.

Super-gonorrhea started by affecting straight couples, but doctors are seeing it in gay men too. Public Health England stated that attempts to contain the outbreak in West Midlands, London, and southern England have had only “limited success.”

Two drugs, azithromycin and ceftriaxone, are used in combination to cure gonorrhea, but now that resistance to azithromycin is spreading, doctors fear ceftriaxone will soon become ineffective as well. Gonorrhea, which is transmitted through vaginal, oral, and anal sex, can lead to infertility if left untreated, and can even be passed on to a child during pregnancy. The infection can easily go unnoticed — when infected, more than 75 percent of women and gay men have no easily recognizable symptoms, as do one in 10 heterosexual men. Experts say the biggest issue with super-gonorrhea passing to gay men is the rate of transfer.

“We’ve been worried it would spread to men who have sex with men,” Peter Greenhouse, a Bristol consultant in sexual health, told BBC. “The problem is [they] tend to spread infections a lot faster simply as they change partners more quickly.”

In addition, men who have sex with men are more likely to develop the infection in their throats, where there is other bacteria that can share resistance to drugs, and where antibiotics reach in lower doses.

Public Health England warned that the growing rate of super-gonorrhea cases is a “further sign of the very real threat of antibiotic resistance to our ability to treat infections,” and Chancellor George Osbourne said that antibiotic resistance would become “an even greater threat to mankind than cancer” if global action was not taken.

Antibiotic resistance is a problem for infectious diseases of all kinds. Thanks to antibiotics in meat and overprescription, many types of bacteria are now shrugging off our most powerful drugs. In the case of super-gonorrhea, experts are urging vigilance and safe sex.

“We cannot afford to be complacent,” said Dr. Gwenda Hughes, the head of the sexually transmitted infections unit at Public Health England. “If strains of gonorrhea emerge that are resistant to both azithromycin and ceftriaxone, treatment options could be limited as there is currently no new antibiotic available to treat the infection.”

Public Health England is trying to find sexual partners of people who have been diagnosed with the superbug. Worryingly, a little less than half of reported sexual partners reported successfully followed up with the agency, but 94 percent of those tested had the infection
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My dad used to talk about soldiers in Vietnam that caught some of those exotic STDs, they where never aloud to come back home again.
Supposedly they where sent to some place in the Philippines.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

A friend of mine who has been in Thailand for about 20 years told me that he had met some of the MIA guys from Vietnam. I have posted a number of his emails on my Thailand thread.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah I remember mention on them, I'm sure a lot ended up staying there. One I was told about ended up there after killing his Sargent, my guess is he was considered MIA.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Plagues

:kez:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I hope that the flesh eating bacteria's do not become too prevelent. In crowded countries like India and China it could be very disasterous.

Antibiotic Apocalypse: Superbugs Could Kill 10M Per Year

A tiny cut leaves you fighting for your life. Basic treatments are ineffective. An operation proves deadly. Luck may be the only thing that saves you.

This isn't the plot of a poorly-executed science fiction novel but rather a startling new reality. A future without antibiotics.

In a recent report, former Goldman Sachs economist Jim O'Neill warns that antibiotic-resistant bacteria could ultimately kill one person every three seconds by 2050--an average of 10 million people a year.

Known as "superbugs," these bacteria strands are evolving and growing more dangerous as they develop immunity to antibiotics. Superbugs will lead to an estimated 700,000 deaths this year alone. Without preventive steps immediately, O'Neill fears the world may be heading towards the "dark ages."

"Routine surgeries and minor infections will become life-threatening once again and the hard won victories against infectious diseases over the last 50 years will be jeopardized," the report said.

Unfortunately, the problem has already begun, creating a medical "catch-22"--the more antibiotics used, the stronger the superbugs become. Simply put, overuse of antibiotics actually creates a resistance to them, and it is this overuse that needs to be addressed first.

"We need to inform in different ways, all over the world, why it's crucial we stop treating our antibiotics like sweets," O'Neill said.

The latest evidence of this rising issue comes from the discovery of a colistin-resistant gene several months ago in China. Colistin is considered the "last resort" antibiotic, given only when nothing else works.

Used to defeat infection when everything else fails, the finding that it, too, is becoming resistant to bacteria has scientists alarmed. Since the original report was published, this gene has been detected in farm animals, produce and humans in 19 countries. No discoveries have yet been made in the United States.

Although the report acknowledges that the developing nations of Asia and Africa are most at risk, experts fear superbugs will continue to expand worldwide through food. Misuse of antibiotics in animal production, used to promote growth, presents a major risk globally.

"There is an increasingly robust consensus that unnecessary use of antibiotics in animals and agriculture is a significant concern of human health," the report said.
image: http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/images ... reedvd.jpg

In addition to being transferred through food, superbugs can also be easily spread from person to person. O'Neill advocates that reducing this threat is simple math.

"The less people get infected, the less they need to use medicines such as antibiotics, and the less drug resistance arrives," he said.

To achieve this goal, individuals are encouraged to take small steps to improve hygiene, stopping infections before they even start. While new technologies and medicines are needed, the report stresses that "fundamental health practices" cannot suffer. Basic habits, like proper hand washing, are not only key in ending the growth of superbugs but also preventing the spread of infections entirely.

"The basics of public health--clean water, good sanitation and hygiene, infection prevention and control, and surveillance--are as critical for reducing the impact of antimicrobial resistance as they are for infectious disease control," the report said.

The challenge of drug resistance, however, cannot be solved by just a few people. It requires a large, coordinated response on a global scale. Infections are inevitable. People get sick. Without worldwide involvement, one infected individual or animal can begin a cascade of resistant bacteria that will spread to other parts of the world.

The report urges every nation to take action proactively by investing in new antibiotic research, upgrading medical facilities and creating global oversight. Sooner or later, the report cautions, governments will be forced to "bear the cost."

"There is no excuse for inaction given what we know about the impact of rising drug resistance," the report said. "All countries need to act."
Back to home page

Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/articl ... TGVvf0Y.99
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

keeping your immune system in good health helps, and a good eye on injuries.
Turmeric, honey, cinnamon, and other natural antibiotics can help as you know. My guess baking soda to kill the acidic nature of bacteria can do a lot.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I had no idea that lyme disease was so prevalent. only 50% of people infected remember a tick bite. I intend to do some hiking this year. 25,000 reported cases every month. I will be a lot more careful in checking for ticks now.

Lyme Disease Symptoms & Causes to Watch Out For

https://draxe.com/lyme-disease-symptoms/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have to check for them sometimes, we get them bad around here some years.
I hope that you don't get any on you, they can cause other issues, fever, and sickness.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Can you imagine what a nightmare it would be if a flesh eating bacteria was everywhere ?

Dangerous New Era Of Superbugs
News Image By PNW Staff July 20, 2016
Share this article:
A virulent superbug recently made its way on to U.S. soil that may be a harbinger of untreatable diseases to come.

Researchers uncovered two cases of an E. coli bacteria that have become so genetically resistant that even last-resort antibiotics won't kill it, according to the medical journal Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy.

In both cases, the bug carried a mobile loop of DNA called mcr-1 that made the pathogen impervious. Even the tried and true Colistin, which doctors are hesitant to use because it may damage a patient's kidneys, had no effect.

Although only the two U.S. cases have been found, mcr-1 has been identified in livestock and humans in approximately 20 countries, according to a Reuters article by Ransdell Pierson titled, "Infection Experts Warn of More U.S. Superbug Cases in Coming Conths."

So far, 19 strains of E. coli have harbored mcr-1. Compounding its global proliferation is the fact that the DNA loop can easily attach itself to other bacteria, potentially rendering various forms of E. coli and other hostile bacteria either forcefully resistant or completely untreatable.

Because E. coli can be easily transmitted through poor hygiene, experts such as Dr. Brad Spellberg and Dr. David Van Duin agree that additional cases are imminent, Pierson reports.

More than 2 million Americans are infected with an antibiotic-resistant bacterium each year, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports. More than 23,000 people perish as a direct result, while many die from conditions complicated by these infections.

"Within the next two to three years, it's going to be fairly routine for infections to occur in the United States for which we have no (effective) drugs available," Washington University Medical Center associate professor Gautam Dantas reportedly said.

Since British bacteriologist Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin in 1928, more than 100 antibiotic compounds have been created.

Unfortunately, since 1987, researchers have failed to identify a single new class of antibiotic medications to combat this growing threat, according to the L.A. Times piece by Melissa Healy titled, "A 'Slow Catastrophe' Unfolds as the Golden Age of Antibiotics Comes to an End."

One of the significant reasons the health community continues to fall behind the curve stems from the dysfunctional economics driving the pharmaceutical industry.

The industry is forced to spend millions in research, development and FDA approvals. The shareholders of profit-driven private corporations want ROI (Return on Investment). Pills that millions take every day such as cholesterol inhibitors and high blood pressure medications provide good return.

However, antibiotics are prescribed sparingly in order to combat resistance. Even newly-developed antibiotics can be rendered obsolete at any time when something like mcr-1 shows up. That can put a company's investment in the red.

The profit and loss math simply doesn't work in the current business climate. Unless government incentives change the playing field, or a pandemic strikes, Big Pharma knows how its bread gets buttered and antibiotics research isn't seated at the king's feast.

To at least monitor the problem, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention plans to use $21 million to expand surveillance at laboratories operated by all 50 state health departments and seven larger regional labs.

Such federal funding could pay for more-sensitive equipment to test for antibiotic resistance in bacteria samples.

According to Jean Patel, deputy director of the CDC's Office of Antimicrobial Resistance, the effort would improve tracking of antibiotic-resistance and mcr-1.

The insidious spread of antibiotic-resistant and immune bacteria may not morph the American landscape into an episode of "The Walking Dead" any time soon. But complacency could eventually have a high cost.

As Peter Pitts, president of the Center for Medicine in the Public Interest was so aptly quoted in the L.A. Times, "It's not apocalyptic until it is. Shame on us if we wait until bodies are in the street."

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/articl ... ews_id=507
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Plagues

I wouldn't want that Gary, some athletes foot is bad enough. :yuk: no I don't have it, but have before :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Whats the plague here, the TB, or Islam ?
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Muslim immigrants themselves are a plague that is killing ever increasing numbers of people
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Plagues

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well so far so good. I am safely away from all this in various boonies in Canada.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Every year we dig up something from the past that might end us, I read once two old viruses every year or more.