Arctic and Antarctic Mysteries

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Something cool, like frozen.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Cool ! These are minute cryptozoological monsters. These worms may be the oldest creatures on earth.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Arctic and Antarctic Mysteries

How or why igloos keep one warm.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I remember back in pre history in the first grade my teacher talked about Igloos, and why they worked :)
I'm sure they learned about Igloos by burrowing in the snow for shelter.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Knowing how this works has probably saved some lives.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

A lot of lives from the beginning of human time likely.
If you believe in evolution before human kind, animals of all kinds pretty much do it, just dig a hole in the snow, and it's protected from the harsher weather outside.

I like how they build a fire inside, and glaze the inside for more comfort, and protection.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

With no television, internet or smart phones home time they must have entertained each other with stories passed down for possibly thousands of years.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Before the modern age a lot of groups did just that.
People actually talked with each other, and did things together.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Of these ten mysterious things found in Antarctica the elongated skulls are very interesting. I think that most people have heard of elongated skulls but just don’t think about how strange the are as the aren’t simply deformed heads as they have a far too large brain capacity and don’t have the same structure as normal humans. Something is being kept secret about them. I never knew that they were found in Antarctica too. What is that eight foot long carnivorous thing ? That is really weird.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

No giant bacteria, or viruses ?
I once saw that man digs up at least 4 viruses a year.
Here you dig about 25 feet down you can see why, you need a respirator, and good air to survive down there for extended periods.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Shacklton’s famous boat has been finally discovered under 10,000 feet underwater. The age of discovery was coming to a close in 1915 and nobody has seen this ship until these photos and video were made. https://m.theepochtimes.com/photos-endu ... YvWQ%3D%3D
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

In 1982 in Dawson City Yukon I met at least one native man who claimed to have been involved in the Mad Trapper manhunt. He claimed to have shot him so his story could have been bullshiite. Either I met the same guy more than once or I may have met more than one individual who was involved in the Mad Trapper manhunt but as 1982 is 51 years after 1931 he must have been very old in 1982 and very young in 1931. I read a book on the Mad Trapper over thirty five years ago. I learned a number of things that I didn’t know before. Where did he get that over tow grand which was a lot of money in depression era 1931. A number of years later after I read that book I went to both Old Crow and Fort Macpherson so I have a better picture of what it was like. It was so insanely cold.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The nearly untouched incredibly beautiful Nahanni river in the very inaccessible remote Northwest Territories has a interesting history. Many headless bodies, white faced ghosts, the terrified possessed looking Annie running terrified. My own thought that nobody else has mentioned, could it be a small I contacted unfriendly tribe ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The expanse of those areas up north need to be explored more, they might even find a lot of things useful like plants, or new animals.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I’ve been to the Yukon Territory many times and once took the Dempster highway up to Inuvik so I did actually see the Arctic. I also was briefly in Old Crow the most northerly town in the Yukon which one has to be flown into. The diversity of plant species doesn’t seem nearly as large as down south and neither does the insect species. I have wondered for a long time now if there aren’t any uncontacted tribes hiding out in any of northern canadas vast expanses of forest in many areas.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I wouldn't doubt there is tribes in there still, or some people who just wanted to get away from society.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There’s a Hermits thread on Gary Oaks Corner. I believe that there’s always been hermits who don’t want to live around other people. I imagine that they don’t have long life expectancies due the medical and other issues. They also probably are a bit nuts to start with and the isolation would likely mark them more nuts. What was that naked woman running from like a person possessed ? I believe that that man that saw her running should have at least done something to help her. It’s so isolated in the Nahanni. It’s safe to say that this was when her life ended. Something must have been chasing her. If it was a bear he would have seen it as they are so fast.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

New video. Many recorded facts but are you a believer?
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That goldfish is so irritating. I first heard of Admiral Byrds experiences in Antarctica twenty years ago but found them hard to believe as I did what this American friend told me about satanism in Hollywood and serial killers. The scientists who went missing then showing up and demanding to leave is interesting. It’s late and I fell asleep for some of this video. Hopefully I’ll have time to watch it again.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have seen closeups of those so called pyramids, yeah just rocks.
Oh, a google earth link, blow it up yourself
https://www.google.com/maps/place/79%C2 ... ?entry=ttu